Eric Quinn

Weekend Thread (3/15-3/17): Captain Marvel 68, Wonder Park 15.8, Five Feet Apart 13.2, Dragon 9.3, Madea 7.8

25 minutes ago, Rthmar-vell said:

CM 28.7-29.2

When I said I wanted numbers, I didn't mean these numbers :whosad:    

Low Saturday bump for MCU, but I guess it's a combination of partial school break and some trailer effect on Friday that's now fully faded. Still on track for a high 60s weekend, quite typical mid 50s drop.

Edited by Thanos Legion

26 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Low Saturday bump for MCU, but I guess it's a combination of partial school break and some trailer effect on Friday that's now fully faded. Still on track for a high 60s weekend, quite typical mid 50s drop.

28/29M still good for CM 😃

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

You are aware even if Captain Marvel ends up with 67-68 million for the weekend it still is the second best second weekend for a March release? Low or high bump, by the end of the week, Captain Marvel is still winning. 2 or 3 million less dollars won't make a difference. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShyGeek said:

You are aware even if Captain Marvel ends up with 67-68 million for the weekend it still is the second best second weekend for a March release? Low or high bump, by the end of the week, Captain Marvel is still winning. 2 or 3 million less dollars won't make a difference.

Yeah, can't say I really care about "2nd best in March." I'm interested in how well it's holding and where it will end up, and 67 vs 72 has a pretty fair impact of those.  

It was obviously going to have the 2nd best 2nd March Weekend once we had the OW number, so that really doesn't provide much useful info as to how well the weekend is going.

Edited by Thanos Legion

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Yeah, can't say I really care about "2nd best in March." I'm interested in how well it's holding and where it will end up, and 67 vs 72 has a pretty fair impact of those.  

It was obviously going to have the 2nd best 2nd March Weekend once we had the OW number, so that really doesn't provide much useful info as to how well the weekend is going.

True however Captain Marvel has been unexpected in its performance. It suffered a steep drop on Wednesday yet increased on Thursday. Also don't forget Spring Break which will keep the film performing solidly on week days. Either way 300 million for next week is locked.