sfran43

Tuesday Numbers: US $8.03M

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

Is that what I'm arguing?  Then you are either not paying attention or English isn't your first language.  Please tell me English isn't your first language,  I'll be more sympathetic to that.   This is the most ridiculous post I've read all day.  You know nothing about the final production costs of any of these movies yet you are posting as if it's fact.  It's not.  Anything cited is a guesstimate. 😉

No, it is literally what you are fucking arguing. You flat out told me variables don't matter. In your mind Us might have "actually" cost as much as CM "because we don't know the exact dollar amount to the penny." You are ridiculous.

1 minute ago, PDC1987 said:

No, it is literally what you are fucking arguing. You flat out told me variables don't matter. In your mind Us might have "actually" cost as much as CM "because we don't know the exact dollar amount to the penny." You are ridiculous.

That's "literally" what I argued?  Do you know what the word literally means?  Then go back and find the post where I said a movie that supposedly cost $250M to make but made $100M is "impressive".  If that is my literal argument then surely you can pull up the post where it's said. 😉

I can look at Us and see that is cost nowhere near a huge tentpole. I don't need to see a filing for that. But if it's a huge tentpole vs. another huge tentpole and it's hundreds of millions of dollars that are involved then yes I'd rather see some raw numbers than try to guess. 

I mean unless Us had a crazy cosmic level CGI fuckfest in the third act..  I wouldn't know but that would be surprising if it occurred. 

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Are you sure you're not a super secret stealth mod?:)

hey man you exposed me now i must make a new indenty all over again thanks for nothing

Edited by john2000
  • Haha 2

Whoa, according to Deadline huge hits like ASIB, JW:FK and The Grinch did not breakeven theatrically (with Deadpool 2 barely making it). 

Proving that this is an unrealistic standard people on the internet use to shit on a movie they hate to make it look like a flop.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

Whoa, according to Deadline huge hits like ASIB, JW:FK and The Grinch did not breakeven theatrically (with Deadpool 2 barely making it). 

Proving that this is an unrealistic standard people on the internet use to shit on a movie they hate to make it look like a flop.

It’s all about home video. It’s why sometimes a movie can do average at the box office and still get a sequel because it generates a following on home video 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wait, what? Didn't Fallen Kingdom do $1.3B? Barely broke even? That seems absolutely ridiculous.

Didn’t theatrically breakeven (i.e. make enough revenue from BO only to cover all costs). But @expensiveho‘s main point is that this illustrates how stupid the very concept of “theatrically breakeven” is, which they’re absolutely correct about.

Edited by Thanos Legion

14 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wait, what? Didn't Fallen Kingdom do $1.3B? Barely broke even? That seems absolutely ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I don't get it. $1.3B box office wasn't enough?

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Maybe OS studios get less than what we think 

According to Deadline, participation cost for JW2 was a mind boggling 200m which is what lowered the net profits. If not for that, it would easily have broke even theatrically. 

Also remember that when we say break even theatrically we are only including profits from box office run but the cost includes everything (video release cost, overheads, interest, participation, etc).

If we only include box office profits and only include the production+marketing+distribution cost then JW2 breaks even and makes a decent profit. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I don't get it. $1.3B box office wasn't enough?

No. 

418 DOM-> ~209 revenue

630 OS-C-> ~252 Revenue  

261 C -> ~65 revenue    

Total of 526M theatrical revenue via the 50-40-25 rule of thumb, Deadline estimated at 541. They’ve got the total costs at 612M, 170 production, 145 P&A, 200 participations, ~100 miscellaneous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john2000 said:

really now this thread remind me when i was in school (not long ago ) and we were arguing about where we wanted to go for a trip ,it was shit

oh it shows

Spoiler

just kidding

• Like 2

Well nevermind. Deadline just breaking their own stupid rule. 

Venom comes in at 6th spot on the most profitable 2018 movie list with $246.9m in estimated profits. 

https://deadline.com/2019/03/venom-box-office-profit-2018-1202583895/

This means that MI6 did not make the list. 

Remaining are (what I think the positions might be)

1) Infinity War

2) Black Panther

3) Incredibles 2

4/5) Bohemian Rhapsody/Aquaman

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 2

1 hour ago, john2000 said:

really now this thread remind me when i was in school (not long ago ) and we were arguing about where we wanted to go for a trip ,it was shit

I actually sit now in the school I work in, in the library to work a bit at the software entries. Its after 1 in the morning, in a fw hours the firs pupils will arrive 😉

Weekend Forecast

Film Distributor 3-Day Weekend Forecast Proj. Dom sum t. Sun., March 31 % Change f. Last Wknd
Dumbo Disney $60,000,000 $60,000,000 NEW
Us Universal $39,800,000 $134,700,000 -44%
Captain Marvel Disney / Marvel $20,000,000 $352,900,000 -42%
Five Feet Apart Lionsgate / CBS Films $6,000,000 $35,700,000 -30%
Wonder Park Paramount $5,100,000 $38,000,000 -42%
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World Universal $3,800,000 $152,500,000 -42%
Unplanned Pure Flix $2,800,000 $2,800,000 NEW
Tyler Perry’s A Madea Family Funeral Lionsgate $2,700,000 $70,000,000 -39%
The Beach Bum Neon $2,300,000 $2,300,000 NEW
No Manches Frida 2 Pantelion $1,100,000 $8,300,000 -38%

F

Out of the link. fo the mobile users