sfran43

Weekend Thread: weekend #s (Actuals) Dumbo $45.99M, Us $33.23M, CM $20.66M

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Mulan is a maybe but agreed.

The only big future Live Action remakes imo is Mermaid and Stitch. I can see TENG doing big if they use the unused KOTS pitch as I feel that is way more suited for live action.

Oh yes an actual Kingdom of the Sun film has big potential. I guess the problem with these remakes is Disney is only choosing to remake the ones that Disney can bank on nostalgia and Emperor's New Groove wasn't a big box office hit though the film is legit one of the funniest Disney Animation Films.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nova said:

We have no idea what Dumbo's legs are going to be nor do we know how it is doing OS. Too soon to call it a bomb or a flop. 

We know how it is doing OS: Slightly better than Mary Poppins Return. ( So not great)

Really guys, do you even know that the international forums exist?

Edited by salvador-232
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Oh yes an actual Kingdom of the Sun film has big potential. I guess the problem with these remakes is Disney is only choosing to remake the ones that Disney can bank on nostalgia and Emperor's New Groove wasn't a big box office hit though the film is legit one of the funniest Disney Animation Films.

That’s the problem in releasing them all at once and depending on nostalgia. Nothing in the 2000s category barring Stitch or anything before Mermaid has nostalgic potential where they can do a full on remake. They can try the 2010 category but that wouldn’t be effective until the late 2030s imho.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

As some who likes to see a Disney remake crash and burn, the jury is still open for it. It has an open family market until Pikachu and Spring Break. Let’s wait and see before we start screaming 

The jury has closed. It is a flop with that budget and this kind of opening.

sad that Dumbo might potentially flop. While it may not have turned out a great film it still looks like the filmmakers put their heart and soul into it especically when it comes to the titular character. Hopefully, it can still turn things around this weekend or in the following weeks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

As some who likes to see a Disney remake crash and burn, the jury is still open for it. It has an open family market until Pikachu and Spring Break. Let’s wait and see before we start screaming flop.

I wouldn't be so hasty to say that...it has the little totally original gnats of Wonder Park and then Missing Link (which if it also runs a $5 all ticket deal, might overperform like WP has, b/c it seems like another movie I'd see for that money, but maybe not full price AND it's been advertising on EVERY family movie in theater), plus the hammer of Shazam...that's a lot of family competition for this time of year, when you are looking at the 2 weeks of Spring Break left in April to do all your BO damage...

• Like 1