CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

6 hours ago, Samwise the Brave said:

Basically the same. Almost everyone was praising it as a build-up for what's to come but after those fan screenings it transfered to why is there just build-up and no real act three.

When we got reactions, the fanbase knew it was nowhere near as positive as expected and that overall reviews were unlikely to be positive.

13 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Strictly speaking, if they really think it's a good movie, reactions should be more than just words like "better than FB2". 

Next installments in a franchise are always compared and contrasted to the previous entries. A lot of people were/are going to be asking if this is better than FB2 so the reactions make sense, ideally every new installment in a franchise should be an improvement of the last so to me I take it as a decent sign.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1

French publication declares their attendee found it the best of the three.

There is a user called Maura Leamy who saw the film and said it has the most magic in any of the Wizarding World films and that "the duels blow OoTP out of the water."

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Fantastic Beasts: Dumbledore's Secret is the most political film of all the Wizarding World films, but it manages to masterfully blend it into a grand adventure full of humor, emotion, and character discoveries.

Edited by Noctis

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Says the guy who practically lives in this thread and championed Crimes of Grindewald. :lol:

This trilogy isn't up to Potter snuff. At all. 

How can I champion a film I deem schizophrenic and have said multiple times is so frustrating? 

Better luck next time.

well, you seemed triggered that I pointed out that "better than CoG" wasn't a high bar. That movie was shit so better than shit isn't exactly a praise. Now if reactions said it was up there with the best of Potter, that would be something. But fat chance with Redcarpet&co. They really dropped the ball with principal cast.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DarkSkies said:

Dinner clip

This scene is very unrealistic.

The dinner tables look aesthetically pleasing, even the food looks nice and the big portraits showing various artistic depictions are not showing even remotely a sign of falling apart.

Clearly, this wasnt really filmed in the real Berlin.

• Haha 3