CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

2 hours ago, WeThrones said:

Maybe Star Wars found ouf that the hard way but at least they earned a lot and ST wasn't cancelled.

ST wasn’t canceled because it was a trilogy, like FB is currently. Try imagining Disney greenlighting a fourth Star Wars sequel..

Edited by Xavier
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Xavier said:

ST wasn’t canceled because it was a trilogy, like FB is currently. Try imagining Disney greenlighing a fourth Star Wars sequel..

That could work. They still have so many options left what they could do with the story. For example, they could bring Palpatine back, what a twist that would be!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Xavier said:

ST wasn’t canceled because it was a trilogy, like FB is currently. Try imagining Disney greenlighing a fourth Star Wars sequel..

Still more realistic than fourth Fantastic Beasts movie.

The Rise of Skywalker earned more than a billion $.

I saw the film yesterday here in France.

First of all, FINALLY, the Fantastic Beasts are back at the center of the plot, and it feels good, it brings a new breath to this film.

It's a very political film, which tells us about the rise of Grindelwald. The fact is that I really appreciated, simpler, the film is intended as a spy film in its second part. I also understand the mixed reviews because there are one or two moments where the film takes its time on the dialogues and it slows down the pace a bit. 

The strong point is its first act and its last, the music of James Newton Howard is sublime, the special effects are magical, and the magic word will remain for me: We see multitudes of magical creatures, places where we feel as if taken on an adventure, many nods to the magical world. 

Mikkelsen is incredible, sincerely the best asset of this film with Law, what a duo, what a finale, it's a film with heart, a lot of heart.

The film sounds like a good conclusion which is good if the sequel does not happen but it would be unfair given the quality of the latter.. And I repeat: Mads Mikkelsen is incredible with terror and.. charm, damn what a man .

8/10

Masterpiece. A real piece of emotion.

Edited by Noiret Jak
  • Like 6

Just saw it. It was a charming movie, surprisingly well-balanced tonally and at times quite thrilling. There are certainly some plot elements one can nitpick about, an opportunity many critics surely have taken advantage of, and maybe the film could've been more nuanced with its political plot.

However for true Harry Potter fans there are loads of easter eggs to appreciate. And more importantly as a heartfelt family adventure it delivers because it's not really trying to tell something deep about politics, but that's mostly a premise/setting to ground and contrast the classical thematics of good vs evil, greed vs generosity, love vs hate and ultimately right vs easy choices.

Me and my siblings (we are all in our 20s) enjoyed it a lot for what it is. It's the best Beast movie so far IMHO and you can tell Yates and co really gave their everything to bring the scenes, creatures, magic and characters to life. Some stiff blocking aside in certain crowd scenes (really a nitpick), Yates can walk away from the Wizarding World with dignity if this is his last Potter movie. Go watch it if you are on the fence, people!  

Edited by TheBigYawn
Paragraphs
  • Like 5

On 4/10/2022 at 5:47 AM, WittyUsername said:

2.8 billion people were not talking about the Depp/Heard controversy. And I’m aware of the petition to remove Amber Heard from Aquaman 2, but online petitions rarely work for a reason. 

Just because some people are mad about Johnny Depp being replaced, doesn’t mean it’s going to have any noteworthy effect on the movie’s box office prospects. The movie underperforming would have much more to do with the fact that it’s the third installment in a franchise that hardly anyone cares about, and is following up a poorly received movie that already underperformed. 

This.

Early reviews indicate this is not going to get the kind of good critical reception that will make people change their minds about the franchsie, and having been dissapointed twice in a row don't want to throw away their money a third time.

The legal problems of Depp and the whole Rowling controversy will have little if any impact on the final box office.

Of  course the hard core fans will love it, don't think that will carry over to the GA.

Edited by dudalb

32 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Sad that this is getting pretty good WOM in the countries it released in but is suffering so heavily due to Crimes.

From the group of Harry Potter diehards that i personally know (5 people, all have seen it by now), im the only one who is a bit lukewarm towards this movie. All of them really liked it. Box office numbers are secondary in such cases imho, the most important thing is that people who see it like it.

• Like 3

I'm thinking this will get an A- or A Cinema score. Also I think this films performance will play like a slightly better version of the Eternals movie's performance; with domestic numbers in the lower 100 millions whereas overseas performance will reach into the higher 300 millions, which'll culminate with worldwide gross in the high 400s or just slightly past 500.

Edited by clockwork

12 minutes ago, clockwork said:

I'm thinking this will get an A- or A Cinema score. Also I think this films performance will play like a slightly better version of the Eternals movies performance; with domestic numbers in the lower 100 millions whereas overseas performance will reach into the higher 300 millions, which'll culminate with worldwide gross in the high 400s or just slightly past 500.

Can it really get past 400M WW if its domestic OW is going to be around 40M give or take?

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 8:27 PM, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

This is probably a case of the usual "gay but not really" thing, where the gay relationships are merely implied and barely noticeable to most people and/or is something you can easily edit out so homophobic countries can play it.

Told ya. 💅

• Like 1

Back to Back slander

Internally at Warners, there’s a growing sense the prequel series is no longer worth the time and treasure given the embarrassment of needing to replace Depp, the landmines of Rowling and Miller, and the high costs associated with all things Hogwarts.

There’s speculation about whether or not “Fantastic Beasts” will complete its ambitions as a five-film franchise. At the moment, there’s no screenplay for a fourth installment, sources have confirmed. Executives at Warner Bros. are waiting to see how “The Secrets of Dumbledore” is received before giving films four and five the greenlight.

Potter and company could also find new life on streaming; though nothing official is in the works, there are early conversations about a “Harry Potter”-related TV series for HBO Max. A friendly piece of advice? Bathilda Bagshot’s handbook “A History of Magic” may not be the most commercially viable Potter text to turn to next

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

Back to Back slander

This article is just a bunch of stuff we already knew; controversies, lackluster films, WB currently operating with a "wait and see" mentality in regards to finishing the series. Must be a slow new days.