CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

I feel like the magic number here is 500M WW. I don't see how it gets there with the weak OS OW but Easter holidays might save it somehow. We will see.

Yeah if it does $500M, they can (somehow) justify it in their own minds.

No way they can do so with $400M. Can't effectively spin another $200M worldwide drop from the last installment which itself dropped $200M from the first installment. All the while each film gets pricier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

They’ll be lucky if this bitch hits $350m imo.

I think it will do better then that, but am skeptical it will do enough for a fourth FB film.

If Warners decides not to give the whole franchsie a rest, they will do something different for the next film. I still think a Potter sequel is likely.

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think it will do better then that, but am skeptical it will do enough for a fourth FB film.

If Warners decides not to give the whole franchsie a rest, they will do something different for the next film. I still think a Potter sequel is likely.

A Potter sequel is dependent on getting the trio back on board. I think for now Radcliffe is enjoying doing his own thing too much to get back, but that could change in the future or with an astronomical offer

• Like 1

If they cancel this Rowling will kill the whole franchise.

There is no way she will allow that level of humiliation.

Even if they are loosing money they will have to continue. In part 4 they will put Hagrid, Tom Riddle, maybe even Potter's grandparents 

Edited by WeThrones

There will be more Wizarding World films regardless of how FB3 does. WB literally only has WW and DC as their big franchises, cancelling one would put them behind the competition. I doubt they’ll start licensing Middle Earth content again, plus Monsterverse/TCU/Dune are smaller franchises not yet at the level of the two above 

1 minute ago, El Gato said:

There will be more Wizarding World films regardless of how FB3 does. WB literally only has WW and DC as their big franchises, cancelling one would put them behind the competition. I doubt they’ll start licensing Middle Earth content again, plus Monsterverse/TCU/Dune are smaller franchises not yet at the level of the two above 

Monsterverse has already jumped ship from WB, Legendary control that not WB. And don't sleep on the Conjuring movies, they're a bigger license to print money than you think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Monsterverse has already jumped ship from WB, Legendary control that not WB. And don't sleep on the Conjuring movies, they're a bigger license to print money than you think. 

Even more incentive to keep the Wizarding World going. Monsterverse and Dune belong to Legendary not WB as you said. TCU is a profitable franchise but its not at the level of WW or DC… 

They are gonna make another final chapter. WB needs franchises with big fan bases now they are working on Hbo max's growth. 

What they have extra DC?. They have tried to relaunch Blade runner and it was a flop, Matrix and it was a flop. The counjouring saga is dropping.

This is probably  still gonna make more money than Dune. 

Edited by vale9001

LOL this is not doing 500M, 400M can happen, more than that is an illusion at this point

With that said, i can see they´re making the sequel even with 400M basically because i think this is the lowest this franchise can get, and because they can always use for HBO Max. 

Fans seem to like this one so maybe the next one can actually get a tiny jump too.

WB really needs to shut JK tho, these tepid results have nothing to do with woke media. She started a war with the audience, she´s being criticized many times and every time she just push her violent actions even harder. She was meeting openly anti-trans groups this week ffs. You can´t blame the audience for simply ler her and her things burn. 

If Warner decides to do a sequel, they must pressure her to at least avoid posting shit about people who didn´t do anything to her, especially during promotion of the movies like she´s doing. If she wants to keep being a stupid person fine, but she will bring the whole franchise down with her, WB needs to take some action if they decided to keep this franchise going on.

Edited by ThomasNicole

No to a Potter sequel now.

I really think they should wait a few years and then do something completely original in the vein of Indiana Jones (one of the most positive aspects of SoD is the locations) with only a little fan service sprinkled across the films.

A globe-trotting, magical adventure film, if done the way it should, would be the new Indiana Jones. The creatures, locations, mysteries, puzzles, battles etc could be extraordinary in the right hands.

I’m surprised how much speculation there is in here about a Potter sequel with the inclusion of the originally trio. It would be amazing to see for Potter fans, but personally I cannot see this happening in the foreseeable future, and also have a hard time believing that Emma in particular would want to return, especially if Rowling is involved (which is almost a certainty). Moreover, Emma is not very active in the acting world anymore and focused more on advocacy, and Rupert is engaged with other TV projects at the moment.

At this point I think a series is more likely.  

I do agree though that there are endless opportunities for creative WW stories to be translated into film/TV, but the current creative team needs a new breath of life if that is to happen and be successful. It’s a long process though and I doubt we’d see anything until mid-to-late 2020s at the earliest. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I’m surprised how much speculation there is in here about a Potter sequel with the inclusion of the originally trio. It would be amazing to see for Potter fans, but personally I cannot see this happening in the foreseeable future, and also have a hard time believing that Emma in particular would want to return, especially if Rowling is involved (which is almost a certainty). Moreover, Emma is not very active in the acting world anymore and focused more on advocacy, and Rupert is engaged with other TV projects at the moment.

At this point I think a series is more likely.  

I do agree though that there are endless opportunities for creative WW stories to be translated into film/TV, but the current creative team needs a new breath of life if that is to happen and be successful. It’s a long process though and I doubt we’d see anything until mid-to-late 2020s at the earliest. 

I need my Blast-Ended-Skrewt mating documentary.

17 hours ago, El Gato said:

I mean, if push comes to shove, they can turn to their incredibly strong small screen IP's and try to spin them into cinematic franchises:

Big Bang Theory: The Movie

Game of Thrones (Robert's Rebellion movie trilogy?)

Friends: The Movie

Scooby-Doo live action reboot starring Olivia Rodrigo as Daphne and Jacob Elordi as Fred

Euphoria: The Big Screen Musical

Succession: Logan Croaks

54 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I get that. But in this business, everyone has a price.

None of them need the cash. They're beyond set for life based on their salaries on the latter era sequels. Dan and Rupert are working for the sake of working and I didn't know Emma hit pause. 

But one can imagine any offer would be in the realm of "Your great great grandkids are set for life."

My guess is Rowling will be tabled as she was from the HBO Max special and they will move mountains to get Cuaron to direct (He was this close to directing Fantastic Beasts but didn't want to helm another VFX-laden production immediately after Gravity). 

Rowling herself decided not to participate directly in HBO MAX special. Which to me indicates she will not allow more movies to be made where original trio is going to earn millions and millions.

If she doesn't even want to meet with them for anniversary special, I just don't see  this happening.

Huge Potter fan here.

I have zero interest in a Potter sequel with the original trio coming back.

They should focus on two main projects: The birth and rise of Voldemort and a project about the Marauders and/or the creation of the Order of the Phoenix and the battle against Voldemort until his fall.