CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

Harry Potter 9 would so gangbusters for sure but they need to wait another decade to get full nostalgia. Wait until 2031 which will be 30 years since the first movie. In the meantime, they can pitch ideas as to what the next story could be, but as for the people saying the epilogue closed things indefinitely; the Cursed Child is a bad thing and all but it took place, a year or two after the epilogue?

Anyways in the meantime, they could do a Harry Potter animated series akin to Star Wars the Clone Wars. Maybe even a full adaptation of  the novels in cartoon form that include all the elements cut out from the films such as Peeves and expand on the original story. That way a new generation can see and grow up with the show, and the rabid fanbase (which for some reason want HBO Max or someone like Netflix to redo the novels in live action again but as a tv show) can shut up and enjoy the things they read from the books fully adapted to screen.

As for Fantastic Beasts, I feel like they should dump this on HBO Max and if it’s successful enough somehow, do the last two movies as a miniseries ending and call it a day.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I was speaking in terms of the boxoffice and yeah, I'd take TFA over BR 2049 lol.

so you prefer it when safe movies do well on the box office over movies that take risks but flop?  didn't you like Ad Astra

I think we have enough safe movies that do well at the boxoffice and it wouldn't hurt if we see studios taking more risks instead of repeating what they've always been doing regardless if those risks pay off (like with EG/IW) or fail like with the FB series.

also 

Spoiler

fix your BR2049 LBD rating :ph34r:

Edited by RealLyre

8 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

so you prefer it when safe movies do well on the box office over movies that take risks but flop?  didn't you like Ad Astra

I think we have enough safe movies that do well at the boxoffice and it wouldn't hurt if we see studios taking more risks instead of repeating what they've always been doing regardless if those risks pay off (like with EG/IW) or fail like with the FB series.

also 

Reveal hidden contents

Nah, I'd take TFA over that specific movie.  Also, I'm pretty sure there's never going to be a "risky" Harry Potter movie. Doesn't apply to this franchise.

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Also thanks for reminding me that my rating of BR 2049 is wrong. Fixed it. :hahaha:

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Harry Potter 9 would so gangbusters for sure but they need to wait another decade to get full nostalgia. Wait until 2031 which will be 30 years since the first movie. In the meantime, they can pitch ideas as to what the next story could be, but as for the people saying the epilogue closed things indefinitely; the Cursed Child is a bad thing and all but it took place, a year or two after the epilogue?

Anyways in the meantime, they could do a Harry Potter animated series akin to Star Wars the Clone Wars. Maybe even a full adaptation of  the novels in cartoon form that include all the elements cut out from the films such as Peeves and expand on the original story. That way a new generation can see and grow up with the show, and the rabid fanbase (which for some reason want HBO Max or someone like Netflix to redo the novels in live action again but as a tv show) can shut up and enjoy the things they read from the books fully adapted to screen.

As for Fantastic Beasts, I feel like they should dump this on HBO Max and if it’s successful enough somehow, do the last two movies as a miniseries ending and call it a day.

If they’re going to follow up on the epilogue where Harry, Hermoine and Ron are parents, they’d pretty much have to wait at least several more years anyway.

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m gonna be honest here, if WB hasn’t fired Amber Heard yet, I don’t see why they’d cut ties with J.K. Rowling. 

Aquaman made a billie, Fant4stic Beasts II disappointed. WB only sees profit signs, and Heard is in the more profitable series.

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m gonna be honest here, if WB hasn’t fired Amber Heard yet, I don’t see why they’d cut ties with J.K. Rowling. 

WB:

Aquaman (2018)

All Releases

DOMESTIC (29.2%) 
$335,061,807
INTERNATIONAL (70.8%) 
$813,400,000
WORLDWIDE 
$1,148,461,807

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018)

All Releases

DOMESTIC (24.4%) 
$159,555,901
INTERNATIONAL (75.6%) 
$495,300,000
WORLDWIDE 
$654,855,901

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Same with Ezra Miller. They’re probably doing the “bad news and controversy = more clicks and buzz” trick. 

They even hired James Gunn when he was under fire for his tweets at the time.

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

huh why would AMber Heard be fired?

I don’t know if this is serious, but I probably shouldn’t derail this thread, so all I can really say is that you should maybe read up on the story surrounding Amber Heard.

Edited by WittyUsername

I'm tempted to mute this thread because im tired of the constant " DAE FB bad & is going to bomb they should cancel" but at the same I'd like to stay up to date with news about thsi movie. (we haven't really got anything since the production delay so maybe there' no point, there is always some cast or crew controversy that lights this thread up).

also for the record I agree that FB3 will likely underperform (probably not as bad some are hoping for because WB was willing to give it a re-write & pushed it back after the reception to the 2nd movie) but repeating that it's going to flop hard 10 times a day isn't going to change WB's mind about moving forward with this series. (even if the film does flop).

5 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

but repeating that it's going to flop hard 10 times a day isn't going to change WB's mind about moving forward with this series. (even if the film does flop).

That's the modern internet for you; hyperbole and extremes. The middle ground has become lost, something can no longer be just "okay", it has to either be super good or really bad or else it's not worthy of attention. We really are in some strange times.