CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

31 minutes ago, clockwork said:

How much BS is Warner Brothers willing to put up with? All these controversies keep pilling up on top of the fact that the last movie was not well received. They may think anything from the HP franchise is bulletproof and will make lots of money but they're really starting to push their luck.

The brand is bigger than her now, they don't need her to keep being involved, they're changing things up with DC and rebooting Suicide Squad and Batman so they should do the same with this. Gotta drop some of this baggage and change things up.

The world is too massive to be limited to one director. Plus...I honestly believe that the most fascinating character in the FB series (Leta) was killed and the journey of Queenie was horribly butchered...end it now.

The FB movies should have been a trilogy of genuinely fun movies in the vein of Indiana Jones/The Uncharted series. If Rowling hadn't gotten greedy and wanted to shoehorn Grindelwald/Dumbledore...we'd be done with the FB movies now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, clockwork said:

How much BS is Warner Brothers willing to put up with? All these controversies keep pilling up on top of the fact that the last movie was not well received. They may think anything from the HP franchise is bulletproof and will make lots of money but they're really starting to push their luck.

The brand is bigger than her now, they don't need her to keep being involved, they're changing things up with DC and rebooting Suicide Squad and Batman so they should do the same with this. Gotta drop some of this baggage and change things up.

As far as I know, they can’t just drop Rowling unless she sells the franchise wholesale to them.

2 hours ago, clockwork said:

The brand is bigger than her now, they don't need her to keep being involved,

She own the brand, no ? They need her to keep being involved, a bit like Lucas before he sold.

In her first deal she had blocking rights and after all the billions and how big Potter became after that first deal, her new deal must have been even better and at a minimum she has total control on what happen in that franchise movie wise.

14 hours ago, Noctis said:

Rowling made some valid claims about some of the transgender movement and was not transphobic IMO.

But NOW she comes up with a new book where the serial killer is a transvestite man who dresses as a woman to kill other women? 

I almost feel this is the most elaborate prank on us...I'm sorry....but for Rowling to go this route is so ridiculous. Come on, Rowling...you were and are largely an inspiration but this is ridiculous. 

At this point, cancel FB3. Rowling, Depp, and Ezra are too controversial. Let a new director come in with a new writer and write the series. Rowling almost seems like she's intent on shitting on her legacy.

THIS is the hill you choose to die on, Rowling? What a shame...so pointless. All the valid reasons she had just flew out the window.

The serial killer mentioned in Telegraph's review is not the main antagonist. His modus operandi is not dressing like a woman, this is mentioned only in one paragraph of a 944 pages book, when one of his victims gives her testimony. But of course people would blow it out of proportions.

5 hours ago, Felipe said:

The serial killer mentioned in Telegraph's review is not the main antagonist. His modus operandi is not dressing like a woman, this is mentioned only in one paragraph of a 944 pages book, when one of his victims gives her testimony. But of course people would blow it out of proportions.

If that's the case, then I apologize. I hope this is true.

One last thing I’ll add is this: regardless of what one makes of Rowling’s new book, or Rowling as a person, can we all agree that ‘#RIPJKRowling’ is a pretty disgusting thing to spread on social media? Shit like that is in no way helpful to the trans community. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Just free Ezra Miller, let the guy go shoot his Flash film. No even cares about his character in Fantastic Beasts.

Yep, the twist of him possibly being related to Dumbledore was ridiculously contrived. Honestly let Depp go too at this point, Grindelwald is a boring villain to me. These "I want to take over the world" types get old after a while, espcially since we just had one like that in the HP story. I wish blockbusters would stop making the stakes world-endingly high just for the sake of it, sometimes less is more. 

Edited by clockwork

9 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

One last thing I’ll add is this: regardless of what one makes of Rowling’s new book, or Rowling as a person, can we all agree that ‘#RIPJKRowling’ is a pretty disgusting thing to spread on social media? Shit like that is in no way helpful to the trans community. 

lol no

5 hours ago, clockwork said:

Yep, the twist of him possibly being related to Dumbledore was ridiculously contrived. Honestly let Depp go too at this point, Grindelwald is a boring villain to me. These "I want to take over the world" types get old after a while, espcially since we just had one like that in the HP story. I wish blockbusters would stop making the stakes world-endingly high just for the sake of it, sometimes less is more. 

The execution is bad, but Credence likely being called Aurelius Dumbledore because the Obscurial of Ariana Dumbledore is in him is actually pretty neat (what I think is true). Anything else would be pretty bad.

The stakes need to be high...but I feel Yates has really let the ball slip.

Why Fantastic Beasts 3’s Eddie Redmayne Says The COVID-19 Shutdown Has Actually 'Been Helpful’ For The Film

"We were meant to start – we’d done a pre-shoot day just before we went into lockdown here. We’d shot on a Friday night, and then on the Sunday night, we’d meant to start shooting proper on Monday, and we got a call on that Sunday night saying we’re not doing it. Then we had this six-month period and, absolutely, the creatives – certainly David Yates and [myself] – were talking about using that time. Whether it was in the visual effects or working on things. I think it’s really important. You’re always trying to make the best work possible, so I feel like it has been helpful in some ways."

Fantastic Beasts 3 only just started filming again under the new safety protocols that have been put in place. Eddie Redmayne said they’re two weeks into the process and that it’s created a new normal on the film set. Yet despite being a different process, he said everyone is still working at the top of their game.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2555173/why-fantastic-beasts-3s-eddie-redmayne-says-the-covid-19-shutdown-has-actually-been-helpful-for-the-film

1 hour ago, Felipe said:

Why Fantastic Beasts 3’s Eddie Redmayne Says The COVID-19 Shutdown Has Actually 'Been Helpful’ For The Film

"We were meant to start – we’d done a pre-shoot day just before we went into lockdown here. We’d shot on a Friday night, and then on the Sunday night, we’d meant to start shooting proper on Monday, and we got a call on that Sunday night saying we’re not doing it. Then we had this six-month period and, absolutely, the creatives – certainly David Yates and [myself] – were talking about using that time. Whether it was in the visual effects or working on things. I think it’s really important. You’re always trying to make the best work possible, so I feel like it has been helpful in some ways."

Fantastic Beasts 3 only just started filming again under the new safety protocols that have been put in place. Eddie Redmayne said they’re two weeks into the process and that it’s created a new normal on the film set. Yet despite being a different process, he said everyone is still working at the top of their game.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2555173/why-fantastic-beasts-3s-eddie-redmayne-says-the-covid-19-shutdown-has-actually-been-helpful-for-the-film

I respect Redmayne and his point about using the extra time to make things better, but honestly they would need to make a lot of systemic changes to these movies to get me somewhat excited, and for a lot of other people I suspect. With the way things are going now I could see at best this movie simply being not as bad as the last one. Warner Brothers sure is pushing their luck here.

So apparently now Mr Eddie Redmayne has stepped in the shit too and defended Rowling against the "abuse" she got online. And just a few months ago he disagreed with her, so now he's changing his tune. Bruh why would you open your mouth? all you had to do was not say anything. Just throw this franchise away at this point, the little tiny sliver of hope I had for these has faded away, and I kinda liked the first one. I hate being disappointed in people.

Edited by clockwork