terrestrial

Thursday 11 April Shazam! $2.373m | Pet Semat. 1.226 | CM .886 | Dumbo .8806 | US .8606

10 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Yeah I did, sorry. But this is amazing I love Alicia Vikander so much and would watch anything she is involved in. I found the movie enjoyable, so wouldn't mind a sequel. I wish it also got more money invested in it. 

Absolutely need a no-nonsense action movie with Alicia being all badass. The daddy issues storyline kind of weighed the original down.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

Absolutely need a no-nonsense action movie with Alicia being all badass. The daddy issues storyline kind of weighed the original down.

I 100% agree. 

16 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Yeah I did, sorry. But this is amazing I love Alicia Vikander so much and would watch anything she is involved in. I found the movie enjoyable, so wouldn't mind a sequel. I wish it also got more money invested in it. 

I liked and disliked a lot, but that was not based on her accting abilit, but a lot on the script basic idea.

Actually, around 2 weeks back we discussed that one for mabe 20 miuntes in my media class. Funnyly the 15 year old boys ere the most critical about this:

the said (and I agree) they made her mentally too young. A lot happened bcs she behaved like a brat. The Tomb Rider they love knos what she does, she would also not leave control to others.

But we agreed on liking the movie still to varying degrees. We even spoke ver shortl about if the movie would have made mone enough (they will laugh about that one after the holidays), they hope they will make her more mature in her reactions / reasonings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I liked and disliked a lot, but that was not based on her accting abilit, but a lot on the script basic idea.

Actually, around 2 weeks back we discussed that one for mabe 20 miuntes in my media class. Funnyly the 15 year old boys ere the most critical about this:

the said (and I agree) they made her mentally too young. A lot happened bcs she behaved like a brat. The Tomb Rider they love knos what she does, she would also not leave control to others.

But we agreed on liking the movie still to varying degrees. We even spoke ver shortl about if the movie would have made mone enough (they will laugh about that one after the holidays), they hope they will make her more mature in her reactions / reasonings.

Yeah Alicia is an oscar winner, she just needs a better crew and script. I agree with them, because she relied too much on others and not herself. Angelina's Tom Raider was a badass, and we need more of that. 

Edited by tawasal
  • Thanks 1

AVENGERS: ENDGAME - Best Pre-Sales Title of All Time on Atom Tickets

4 minutes ago

Us grossed $861K on Thursday. 21-Day total stands at $156.55M.

5 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Why are CM's numbers so late, lately? 

In my POV Disney is often either super fast (not often) or late, but not as late as some other distributors. I guess its the time zone the ppl releasing the numbers are working in

7 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

In my POV Disney is often either super fast (not often) or late, but not as late as some other distributors. I guess its the time zone the ppl releasing the numbers are working in

Outside of the first three weeks, it has been the latest of the top 10 to be released official or estimate numbers for. It kinda of sucks, as it's the only movie I care about before we get to Endgame. 

Edited by tawasal
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

No joke, that is the title

"No one is ever really gone." STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX is now titled STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER Release Date: December 20, 2019

Just now, tawasal said:

Outside of the first three weeks, it has been the latest of the top 10 to be released official or estimate numbers for. 

there are not a lot big ones any-more. Lionsgate is often the latest of the bigger ones. Focus is sometimes also rather late.

A lot of the lesser knows give only now and then updates

I think at Disney they do mostly early into the release = early, later.... but they do not do a lot of releases per year, so maybe their staff for that is small. Might change if they merge with FOX that department also

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

there are not a lot big ones any-more. Lionsgate is often the latest of the bigger ones. Focus is sometimes also rather late.

A lot of the lesser knows give only now and then updates

I think at Disney they do mostly early into the release = early, later.... but they do not do a lot of releases per year, so maybe their staff for that is small. Might change if they merge with FOX that department also

We haven't even gotten an estimate for some time, we get straight up actuals now. 

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

We haven't even gotten an estimate for some time, we get straight up actuals now. 

normal since years for so long in the release (or not sooo good doing titles, no press making titles). We also do not get OS updates more than once a week anymore since ~ the same time. Exception was only the mile-stone.

1 minute ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

So without the 3.3mil from previews Shazam would be doing a good bit worse than Divergent....

Yep and it needs to do a great deal better in 3 three weeks to be in shot for 150m, because Endgame will kill it. Divergent's only big competition was The Winter Soldier and it held well against it.