That One Girl

Nightmare Alley | December 17, 2021 (Wide Release) | Searchlight | Directed by Guillermo del Toro and starring Bradley Cooper

11 minutes ago, Eric and the Ten Rings said:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/09/nightmare-alley-guillermo-del-toro-awards-insider

festival-preview-nightmare-alley-01c.jpg

festival-preview-nightmare-alley-03c.jpg

festival-preview-nightmare-alley-05c.jpg

festival-preview-nightmare-alley-02c.png

festival-preview-nightmare-alley-06d.png

Bradley Cooper's moustache is just....god, men are the most beautiful thing in the world 🥰

These pics definitely scream "this is a GDT movie alright." Hopefully the movie itself lives up to the already flawless production values.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

These pics definitely scream "this is a GDT movie alright." Hopefully the movie itself lives up to the already flawless production values.

GLad Del Toro decided to do this film in period (1940's). I think it would not work in a modern setting because of the Carny angle (frist third of the film is set in a carny sideshow.now pretty much no longer existent..though that whole "I Can communicate wiht the Spriit world" angle is alive and well, updated to "CHanneling" to keep fleecing the suckers.

Be warned, yes Cooper is handsome in those photos, but the charecter he plays is a total SOB.

The whole story is the rise of the Cooper charecter from a cheap Carny hustler to a much more refined scam artist..and his sudden and complete fall. Not a feel good story at all. Very cynicaL.

Edited by dudalb

On 9/15/2021 at 11:25 AM, CJ Sarandos said:

This is definitly a dud Oscars wise, or else it would go limited on Christmas and wide in January.

There's this thing called the pandemic which is causing studios to mostly abandon platform releases. They're pointless right now. 

Also, if you've been paying attention to the Oscars at all, you'd know that January releases (save for 2020) are anathema to actually winning awards. 

Edited by tonytr87

Is that an intentional homage to the "this is fine" meme at the end? Stunning visuals overall. Not sure why Bradley is looking like Indiana Jones but I'm not complaining...

Cate will be great I'm sure but I would’ve liked someone more unexpected? 

"Man or Beast" wasn't exactly my takeaway from the novel or 1947 film, but this is del Toro, that's like every movie of his...

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1