Water Bottle

***SPOILERS***Detective Pikachu***SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD***SPOILERS THREAD*** | Pika Pika?

I really liked the ending. That Pikachu was actually his dad. It kinda justified Ryan Reynold's voice and also gave the movie an emotional punch. The guy wanted some kind of relationship with his dad and then it turned out that all this time he was having an adventure together with his dad. It's flawed and cheesy at times, but overall a solid and entertaining movie.

The girl's acting was pretty bad though, especially at the beginning when they first met.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, catlover said:

I really liked the ending. That Pikachu was actually his dad.

I want someone who doesn't know about this movie but has a vague knowledge of Pokemon to read this statement and see the expression on their face. :hahaha:

• Haha 1

Ok, I liked the movie, solid 7/10, first half was awesome and funny, plot for kids but I didn't mind. But there is one nitpick I'd like to have explained

Since Harry was in pikachu, Tim understood him, but howcome noone else did? Other people still heard pika-pika. Does it have something to do with their blood relation? I don't think it was explained in the movie and it doesn't make it worse, it's just a small nitpick

7 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Ok, I liked the movie, solid 7/10, first half was awesome and funny, plot for kids but I didn't mind. But there is one nitpick I'd like to have explained

Since Harry was in pikachu, Tim understood him, but howcome noone else did? Other people still heard pika-pika. Does it have something to do with their blood relation? I don't think it was explained in the movie and it doesn't make it worse, it's just a small nitpick

I think Mewtwo just made it like that because he knew that they had to find each other and help each other to beat the villain 

the pikachu was tims dad Pokémon 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I assume the main dude just completely forgot the sound of his dad's voice? 

Not really a big deal in the slightest just assume he did...

That bothered me too. He should know what his own dad sounds like. How long has it been since they spoke on the phone?

4 hours ago, JimiQ said:

Also never explained. Nor was the Pikachu having amnesia explained.

A sequel or another live action Pokémon movie needs 

better actors 

better writers 

a better release date than 2 weeks after the biggest movie of all time 

The hardest part though. They completely nailed the Pokémon vfx and world building. Just focus on the other shit now 

that Mewtwo pikachu battle in end was hype 

Edited by Minnale101

26 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

A sequel or another live action Pokémon movie needs 

better actors 

better writers 

a better release date than 2 weeks after the biggest movie of all time 

The hardest part though. They completely nailed the Pokémon vfx and world building. Just focus on the other shit now 

that Mewtwo pikachu battle in end was hype 

I imagine they'll bring back the cast cause Psyduck was the star and that's Lucy's Pokemon. Ryan Reynolds is definitely already contracted he mentioned as such and said they ran through ideas for him for future films. I would like to see maybe Justice and Ryan both become Pokemon in the sequel. Like a Pikachu and Pichu.

Edited by Cappoedameron

A bunch of people all over twitter are saying how their screeniing was sold out so they had to see another movie. :D

BTW guys since we now know this is canon wiith the anime.

Whom would you cast as 30 year old Ash, Misty, and Brock?

For Misty I'd do Sophie Turner or Jessica Chastain.

Edited by Cappoedameron