sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Gojira (1954), Godzilla vs Mothra (1964), Godzilla vs Destoroyah (1995), Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters all out Attack (2001) and Godzilla (2014) are the best movies ever made.

Case closed.

WTF? No Destroy All Monsters or Final Wars? The freaking Infinity War and Endgame of the franchise? Your opinion as a Godzilla fan is officially invalid. 😛

But seriously, good list. I’m not sure I’d put “MUTOs guest-starring Godzilla” on there, but it’s the best American G flick by default for the next few weeks, so whatever. I liked the parts with Godzilla.

Also, I’ve heard praise of Gamera: Guardian of the Universe as the best non-Godzilla kaiju movie ever. Have you seen it?

Edited by TServo2049

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

No Monsters Vs Aliens. Fake monster stan detected.

Sorry, i ... i dont really care for that movie lol. Its solid, but ... ehh.

Just now, Jonwo said:

I like the film but the graphic novel is a lot better. Doomsday Clock is a good read as well although the delays have hurts its momentum. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if the HBO series does very well, probably not GoT numbers but it’ll top what Westworld did in its first season 

I'd love it if Watchmen broke out, especially after Lindelof's last show got pretty low views despite being incredible. If they do Doctor Manhattan in the second season, they should get Justin Theroux.

Just now, TServo2049 said:

Where is Destroy All Monsters? Your opinion is invalid.

If it wasnt for the first 2 acts beeing sometimes a bit of a drag, it would be there. Also, Destroy all Monsters is not as rewatchable as Godzilla vs Mothra or Ghidorah, the 3-headed monster imo.

Saturday AM Updated with chart: Following 7:28AM post: Great dating here by Warner Bros. for Legendary’s Pokémon Detective PikachuThe studio waited for the crazy on Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame to calm down, and is now squeezing out an estimated $58.2M opening in second to the superheroes’ now-estimated $62M third weekend.

That said, despite having an estimated lower third weekend, Endgame is still expected to cross $700M today with around $25.8M, tying Star Wars Force Awakens’ 16-day record to the mark and still becoming the third-highest grossing domestic pic of all time, surpassing Black Panther. The Russo Brothers’ pic will have a running total tomorrow of $722.5M.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

If it wasnt for the first 2 acts beeing sometimes a bit of a drag, it would be there. Also, Destroy all Monsters is not as rewatchable as Godzilla vs Mothra or Ghidorah, the 3-headed monster imo.

It was a joke. Destroy All Monsters is propped up by having so many monsters in it. I just wanted to be funny.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Saturday AM Updated with chart: Following 7:28AM post: Great dating here by Warner Bros. for Legendary’s Pokémon Detective PikachuThe studio waited for the crazy on Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame to calm down, and is now squeezing out an estimated $58.2M opening in second to the superheroes’ now-estimated $62M third weekend.

That said, despite having an estimated lower third weekend, Endgame is still expected to cross $700M today with around $25.8M, tying Star Wars Force Awakens’ 16-day record to the mark and still becoming the third-highest grossing domestic pic of all time, surpassing Black Panther. The Russo Brothers’ pic will have a running total tomorrow of $722.5M.

$4m difference... tight race

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Saturday AM Updated with chart: ... Pokémon Detective Pikachu. ... $58.2M ... [Avengers: Endgame] $62M

Looks like I may get my photo-finish weekend after all. (Granted, when I started thinking about it during Endgame’s OW, I expected for both to be higher and for it to be closer to Jurassic World/Inside Out as one of the closest races involving grosses that high. But whatever.)

Edited by TServo2049

1 minute ago, TServo2049 said:

It was a joke. Destroy All Monsters is propped up by having so many monsters in it. I just wanted to be funny.

I know :D

Also, Gamera: Guardian of the Universe is good fun, but i personally like Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris the best among the Gamera films.

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I know :D

Also, Gamera: Guardian of the Universe is good fun, but i personally like Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris the best among the Gamera films.

I loved whem Mystery Science 3000 showed the Gamera Movies.