sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

8 minutes ago, andrewgr said:

And when Megan Fox was still both Hot and Sane.

I tried to figure out what ever happened to Megan Fox and this is all I got (also Mark  Ruffallo is in this tweets comment section and it is awkward)

2 minutes ago, maxalcamo said:

Both have potential but Pokemon is Star Wars, Digimon is star trek. If even star wars will do 400M on a 150M budget who will produce a star trek movie?. 

May I remind you that the, at best, Stargate to the Star Wars and Star Trek - that would be Rampage - also made 400M on a 130M budget. Yeah, that was sold on The Rock vs. giant monsters, but sometimes what matters is the hook, not how big the IP is on its own. With a good cast and great marketing, Digimon could be huge.

And I'm pretty sure Detective Pikachu isn't just stopping at 400.... more like 450 to 500. It'll probably be at least on par with Alita OS and will clear Alita DOM by almost 100. Alita crossed 400, so I don't see just 400 for Pikachu.

17 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Nah. 150 imo. 160 maybe it super lucky. 

I’m thinking more along $160M-$180M, I don’t see why it would completely die. 

• Like 1

Wow now we're getting back into Transformers discussion LOL. The original Transformers is one of the best Blockbusters ever made. Transformers 3 is also one of the best Blockbusters ever made. Transformers 2 is a hell of a fun film age of extinction it's passible and the last night is Just god-awful. oh yeah and bumblebee is missing everything that made the first three Transformers fantastic. It's simply boring and lacks Michael Bay's vision and direction.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3
  • ...wtf 4

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well I don't have to read every single page of this thread to know that there are typical meltdowns because endgame won't have amazing legs. It's going to end up as the top grossing film in the history of film and it's going to end up being second 2 Star Wars on the domestic front. Who gives a shit if it has good legs or not. The movie grossed so much in the first 10 days or so that it really doesn't matter what the legs are. It was inevitable that the legs on this would be stunted because there was an unprecedented Rush factor to see this movie. I'm sorry to sound preachy but some of you guys just really need to give your head to shake.

I will be happier when it passes Avatar at the end of the month so the trolls shut it about that already. Agreed it's done amazing overall. Just like TFA was amazing overall, not as good on the WW front but the best ever on the DOM front. The 350 OW record might not be beaten for a very long time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m thinking more along $160M-$180M, I don’t see why it would completely die. 

Started out low, will fall hard in 3rd weekend and then packed summer. Won't play like an animated film because it's a hybrid and average WOM 

Just now, cdsacken said:

Started out low, will fall hard in 3rd weekend and then packed summer. Won't play like an animated film because it's a hybrid and average WOM 

I don’t think Aladdin will completely hurt it as Memorial Day weekend should help it not collapse and double features with Godzilla 2 should help it. I think a 2.7x-2.8x multiple seems fair off a $58M OW which translates to $157M-$162M. 

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Wow now we're getting back into Transformers discussion LOL. The original Transformers is one of the best Blockbusters ever made. Transformers 3 is also one of the best Blockbusters ever made. Transformers 2 is a hell of a fun film age of extinction it's passible and the last night is Just god-awful. oh yeah and bumblebee is missing everything that made the first three Transformers fantastic. It's simply boring and lacks Michael Bay's vision and direction.

I have a really soft spot for Transformers 1. Watched it dozens of times on TV as a kid. Ans still today i like it despite its flaws. Its just very entertaining.

And I of course respect your opinion Baumer, but i have to disagree on the Transformers sequels. Revenge of the Fallen has imo one of the worst scripts in Cinema history, Transformers 3 has some cool action scenes and a killer soundtrack but falls apart in nearly every other area, Transformers 4 is suffering and Transformers 5 i refuse to watch lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

I have a really soft spot for Transformers 1. Watched it dozens of times on TV as a kid. Ans still today i like it despite its flaws. Its just very entertaining.

And I of course respect your opinion Baumer, but i have to disagree on the Transformers sequels. Revenge of the Fallen has imo one of the worst scripts in Cinema history, Transformers 3 has some cool action scenes and a killer soundtrack but falls apart in nearly every other area, Transformers 4 is suffering and Transformers 5 i refuse to watch lol.

I also really love Transformers 1, the only other Bayformers I've seen is Last Knight which was just horrific (and I tend to be pretty soft on movies)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I don’t think Aladdin will completely hurt it as Memorial Day weekend should help it not collapse and double features with Godzilla 2 should help it. I think a 2.7x-2.8x multiple seems fair off a $58M OW which translates to $157M-$162M. 

Sure but we most didn't see end game falling this fast with much better wom. We'll know soon enough. I'm only saying like 7-12 million less. 

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

3 is the best one. and btw since i haven't mentioned it in this thread yet detective pikachu is the worst movie i've seen so far this year. i need an avatar change!

Come into the Godzilla club with me and @Mulder here for consideration:

latest?cb=20130620163509

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

3 is the best one. and btw since i haven't mentioned it in this thread yet detective pikachu is the worst movie i've seen so far this year. i need an avatar change!

I mean that avatar perfect reflects you’re thoughts on movie being trash 😂

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Sonic.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Nobody has Will Smith Genie yet

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Why would it fall hard on Memorial Day weekend?

Aladdin shares the demographic and it will fall hard next week. Imo we'll see regardless.

If you are referring to including Monday then sure both End Game and DP numbers will look good.