Cooper Legion

Disney+ MCU: The Falcon & The Winter Soldier | Featuring Captain Ughmerica and Battlestar Galactica

This was the best episode of this series yet BY FAR for me

Like it's almost fully redeemed itself for the lackluster and aimless first episodes. 

Spoiler

Those Sharon scenes were FIRE, love it! Who needs a super soldier when you got Sharon whoopin ass?

Zemo + Falcon + Bucky together were great. Also loved to see Bucky back into Winter Soldier mode. Also Zemo doing Zemo things. Great actor. Elevates the ordeal.

I had a Cyberpunk feel when they got to Madripoor. Just a great feeling overall in this episode, felt much more focused and lean. Focused on the right characters. 

More of this please! 

:jedi:

Edited by Daxtreme

It had a pretty good first episode but the following two have been all over the place .

Action set pieces are good but

Characters are meh and themes being put forth are not being properly explored and it has 3 eps left. 
Episode3 just fucked zemo's character

All in all WV and this haven't done much for world building for the mcu .Yes they introduce a few things here and there but nothing much is being explored .

Guess they will probably do this in the movies.

Which just makes this shows skippable for me tbh.

• Like 1

Yeah I was onboard for the first two episode but breaking out Zemo was beyond stupid.

I don't know how much longer I'm going to stick with the show.

I was hoping for the tv version of Winter Soldier but this is starting to feel like the corny episodes of Agents of SHIELD.

Edited by grey ghost

I would say that one thing I have been missing from both this and WandaVision is the usual MCU humor. Episode 3 was better as Zemo delivered some quite funny lines. But other than him, while I am enjoying the story, the humor in WandaVision and this show has fallen more flat. Maybe it's because I'm watching this at home, but I doubt it, since I can still rewatch Endgame or GOTG or Ragnarok or Captain Marvel or Ant-Man and laugh quite a bit. Perhaps its the direction, idk. But I wouldn't mind seeing some better-delivered humor. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Menor said:

I would say that one thing I have been missing from both this and WandaVision is the usual MCU humor. Episode 3 was better as Zemo delivered some quite funny lines. But other than him, while I am enjoying the story, the humor in WandaVision and this show has fallen more flat. Maybe it's because I'm watching this at home, but I doubt it, since I can still rewatch Endgame or GOTG or Ragnarok or Captain Marvel or Ant-Man and laugh quite a bit. Perhaps its the direction, idk. But I wouldn't mind seeing some better-delivered humor. 

I think the length and pacing of series just lends itself less to the kind of propulsive quippiness that you get in a lot of the movies. 

• Like 1

At first I thought it was some fan thing, 'cause you know they do those one hour loop vides all the time, but then I realised it's from Marvel and loled. That didn't take long in light of the previous post. :lol:

Speaking of music, looks like the score from the first three episodes has been added on Spotify, something I've been waiting for: https://open.spotify.com/album/5rA2ipMGRAUO9MRODPHoHG

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gamora said:

At first I thought it was some fan thing, 'cause you know they do those one hour loop vides all the time, but then I realised it's from Marvel and loled. That didn't take long in light of the previous post. :lol:

Speaking of music, looks like the score from the first three episodes has been added on Spotify, something I've been waiting for: https://open.spotify.com/album/5rA2ipMGRAUO9MRODPHoHG

Henry Jackman's score has been one of the best parts of this show. I think I like it the best out of his other MCU scores so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Henry Jackman's score has been one of the best parts of this show. I think I like it the best out of his other MCU scores so far.

I actually listened to all the Cap film scores yesterday just cuz, and I'll always have the biggest soft spot for TWS' music just because that movie >>>>>, but I also really like Civil War's as well, and getting that refresher of them reminded me of how many cues he's used from both in the FatWS score. I know a reasonable number of people aren't fans of Jackman's work and prefer Silvestri's from TFA, but I enjoy them both. Also it's very interesting how much the TFA score influenced TA music, I have to say; there's quite a few straight up pulls from it.

I do like that Marvel listened to the criticism of them not reusing themes enough and they've definitely remedied that, particularly with them using Avengers themes with their Black Widow promo.

Edit: Also up on Youtube

Edited by Gamora
  • Like 1

Spoiler

I don't even hate Walker but watching him get his ass kicked by the Dora was A+, dude really tried to touch her shoulder like that? Clearly he has no idea who he's dealing with.

Didn't expect to see how Bucky was able to get over the brainwashing, so that was a cool scene to both show that and then give a little insight to his previous interactions with Ayo so we know they're familiar with each other. I'm intrigued to see how this whole thing with Zemo ends, and if he gets taken back to prison or if the Dora will end up getting him. I kinda hope for the latter but who knows if there are future plans for him. And if the Dora get him the only future he has is as worm food.

I'm sad they killed Hoskins because I liked him, so that sucked.

Personally I've been very wary of how they'd play this whole Walker vs Sam for being Cap thing, because I didn't want them making him over the top evil so people are like, well of course Sam should be Cap, cuz look at this psycho. Sam winning by default of the other guy being unfit isn't the way to play it, and it's a fine line to walk. On the face of it it might look like they've done that here, but to me it plays more into Walker failing because Cap is such a difficult role to have that it can't just be any old person. And of course it all plays back to Erskine's "Not a perfect solider but a good man" reasoning for choosing Steve in the first place. So it depends where they take it from here, but I hope they pull it off.

• Like 3