Legion Again

Disney+ MCU: The Falcon & The Winter Soldier | Featuring Captain Ughmerica and Battlestar Galactica

Something important to note for the FatWS numbers @charlie Jatinder mentioned in the Disney+ thread that Falcon is offered on both Premium and VIP on Disney+Hotstar India whereas Wanda and Mando are only on the Premium subscription. 

That means FatWS has a much higher reach in India than the past series, that's on top of the growth of Disney+ WW. 

• Like 1

It was alright.

Spoiler

Loved Bucky's date and the scenes where he's making amends.

Falcon's sister was annoying. There's this weird cultural things with Americans where being receiving money from friends and family is somehow a bad thing, like worthy of shame. I see this all the time in American movies and TV. Friends brings it up a few times. Breaking Bad could have ended in the early episodes if Walt just accepted the financial help from his friend but no, it's not "ok" for some reason. It's like it hurts people's pride and they absolutely can't do it, and the audience "agrees" with it.

Just really weird to be honest. It's a cultural thing and I guarantee that a lot of people around the world this week-end were watching Falcon's sister in disbelief and think she's being obnoxious as fuck with her being stuck-up like that.

Anyway, it's interesting, gonna continue watching.

• Like 1

Yeah they are going hard into racial issues in America, props to the series for that.

Action is still great especially for a TV show, you can see where that $25m an episode is going.

Spoiler

I see you tying to fool me by giving new cap a black girlfriend and best friend but feel redeemed by feeling something was off with the end of the episode don’t get in my way (and the I could use you Sam as a sidekick line) 

• Like 6

Spoiler

I just... really love this show. Bucky and Sam's interactions are so great, from the humorous to the serious, I just love every second. I like that they're not pushing the humour too much and that they definitely can be serious about things so it can have that weight. Of course them saying they never want to see each other after they deal with this shit is going to develop into a good friendship, and it's gonna be good.

I also really love the way they've written John Walker. It wouldn't make sense to just make him a smarmy bad guy, or at least right off the bat. I'm intrigued as to how this is going to play out eventually, because until the very end when Bucky and Sam didn't want to work with him, he seemed friendly enough and wanting to work with them. Then he got pretty frustrated and now isn't looking like so much of an ally, so I'm wondering how far that'll go. I enjoyed seeing him doing all that press at the beginning because you know Steve wouldn't be caught dead doing that shit, not after how he started out being the "dancing monkey".

After all the speculation about Zemo running around free due to him being in the promo, it's cool that he's actually in jail. Bucky being the one to suggest going to see him was surprising with what he did to him in CW, so I'll be eager to see how that goes with the roles reversed.

Also loling at "White Panther." "White Wolf, actually." and then Sam's bwuh? face. :lol:

• Like 3

Spoiler

Okay

Jokes aside, another solid episode.  This is totally gonna end up Top Five MCU depending on the ending.  Knee jerk reactions:

- I can’t believe the writers think they need to make Walker a complete character. I don’t care about that douchebag’s credentials.  I care about him getting his ass kicked by Sam and Bucky.

- OMG THEY HAVE HOPSKINS AS HIS #2?!?  I am both so so deeply offended and so impressed the writers are pulling from all the Captain America character benches. 

- Bucky’s righteous rage over Walker with the shield was like HARD SAME DUDE.  

- omg Sam is not processing his feelings at all. 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺 

(This is the one little part of the episode that I thought they rushed. I think they should’ve had a little bit more follow up on Bradley before the fucking cops showed up.)

- Those motherfuckers killed Redwing and I SCREAMED. 😡😡😡😡😡😡 (okay but now can he have a real bird now.)

- the banter is so dumb.  I looooooove it.

- I HAAAAAAAAATE Walker.  Good job writers.  HAAAAAAATE him.

- YESSSSSSS CARL AS ISAIAH. AND ELI. YESSSSSS. I think it was smart for them to make it the Korean War, because he would’ve been way too old if it had been World War II.  

- again FUUUUUUCK WALKER

- lmfao at the shrink scene 

It’s just really good. The series is really solid. The action sequences are good. the character work is good. it’s not pulling it’s punches at all. I’m so fucking excited. But I need them to not be a bunch of clowns and put Sam in the suit an episode six. I need it now. I have way too much anxiety over this shit. They need to go get the shield now.

• Like 2

Spoiler

White Wolf was the best thing. I am gonna let it play but I have many many awkward moments with the show. Like "pardon" thing and therapy is the worst thing about show so far. Going hard in racism thing and I mean fine but that just feels like American thing, which frankly IDC. For first time in years MCU felt ALIEN to me. With cops gonna do the racist cop thing. And now we have another Super soldier back in 50s and he was put to jail.

And I can't see that prick being called Captain America. I don't think I hated any character in MCU, well may be there's one Thunderbolt Ross. That Walker is right there with him.

I honestly don't have idea what I typed above.  

Edited by charlie Jatinder

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:
  Hide contents

.And now we have another Super soldier back in 50s and he was put to jail.

Spoiler

There is no “and now”! 

His name is Isaiah Bradley and he is a HUGE character in the Captain America canon.  Truth: Red, White, and Black had been out since 2003.  It’s loosely based on the real life Tuskegee syphilis experiments, that the US government conducted on Black men. 

With the show being about Sam Wilson, a Black man, taking over as Captain America, there was zero way the Bradleys were not showing up. And they’re going to show up AGAIN since the young kid we met is Eli, his grandson, And the Young Avenger Patriot. You’re gonna see a lot of him.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cap said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I am not a comics person. I love MCU movies, I have no idea or interest in comics, so that all "doesn't look like anything to me".

Another solid episode 

Spoiler

Firstly really fun to hear a rendition of Star Spangled Man when John Walker came out to the football field. I like Walker's portrayal for the most part. He seems a decent guy at first but enough of a darker side that I'm sure will be prevalent in future episodes.

Really liked how they addressed the friction between Sam and Bucky. They may have both been good friends of Steve but they never have gotten along and blnow we know partly why for Bucky. 

Action was great as and this episode Henry Jackman brought back the Civil War theme for John Walker's Cap which would be a cool way to differentiate from Silvestri's Cap theme for Steve. The flagsmashers are an interesting concept but I want to know what their end goal is. Can't imagine Zemo will be happy about them.

And I like the show is willing to address some racial issues as well. It'll hit harder for those who know Isaiah from the comics.

• Like 2

Pretty good episode. I had a little confusion with two things though.

Spoiler

Who were the people attacking the Flag Smashers at the end? And was Isaiah imprisoned by HYDRA and they took his blood? Is that why Bucky tries to find him?

I did like that they didn't make Walker some cliche over-the-top bad guy. Yeah he is dislikable from the audience perspective but from his POV his actions aren't that bad. 

That therapist is the most unprofessional therapist I have ever seen.

I guess there is more going on with the Flag Smashers than we think. Probably they won't be the true villains of the series. This "power broker" will probably be it. Wonder how Zemo plays into that as well. Perhaps he won't be a villain but rather a reluctant ally to Sam and Bucky. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2