Legion Again

Disney+ MCU: The Falcon & The Winter Soldier | Featuring Captain Ughmerica and Battlestar Galactica

I really dug the first episode. Some of it is a bit contrived (who knew superheroes had money troubles like the rest of us?) but I like the way they are setting things up and both Mackie and Stan are as good as ever.

That opening action scene was pretty dope. Glad to see the production values haven't suffered as they've begun expanding the universe through television shows now.

Cleanly shaved Wyatt Russell is a dead ringer for his dad lol.

That was a... misfire, to say the least. Really poor storytelling, felt like Iron Man 2 with the references and trying to set things up. Nothing in it was interesting in the slightest.

Really disappointing for MCU on TV format. Don't think I will watch further episodes.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Avatree said:

That was a... misfire, to say the least. Really poor storytelling, felt like Iron Man 2 with the references and trying to set things up. Nothing in it was interesting in the slightest.

Really disappointing for MCU on TV format. Don't think I will watch further episodes.

sleeping beauty parody GIF

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Cap said:

A pilot episode of a TV series?  Try to set things up?  Blasphemy!!!

I think he was saying TV series basically setting thing (Sam will be Cap going forward), not a thing of own.

If he was saying in general, well I gave my reaction on the post.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

12 hours ago, Cap said:

A pilot episode of a TV series?  Try to set things up?  Blasphemy!!!

It should still hook you though. Was so bored for the whole thing

I just started a rewatch of Breaking Bad aka Greatest TV Series Ever, and the first episode sets thing in motion while being extremely gripping

Edited by Avatree

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

It should still hook you though. Was so bored for the whole thing

I just started a rewatch of Breaking Bad aka Greatest TV Series Ever, and the first episode sets thing in motion while being extremely gripping

Disagree to the fullest:

1. a pilot like Breaking Bad is not the same as the first episode of established characters. Its not even the same as eg the pilot of NCIS LA to NCIS, as those new characters too were not established characters. (picked as NCIS annoys me for not allowing the characters to actually grow)

As such the ‚hook‘ is not needed to get eg interested into learning the details / motifs... of the characters.

2. its not even a normal TV-series, its the first part of a 6-parter after several movies with those characters being part of, and will not end like the usual TV-series neither, its a step in between, something to give the characters, the world-building of the whole of the MCU time to go into a bit more of the depth of the characters, to allow for the actual development - and changes based on experiences / impacting events - of said characters. 

3. and that again is a difference to the average TV-series, it not only allows for change, it wants the change of the characters, its not bound to the TV-series formula too many series seem to not be willing to shake of to not endanger the success of the series.

I consider the MCU mini-series as a kind of act 2 of the characters, the pre-appearances in the movies (not one was the lead, got enough time...) as act one, the next appearances after the mini-series (probably) as act 3. 

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2021/03/the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-disney-reports-that-marvel-series-premiere-is-streaming-services-most-watched-ever-1234719529/

Disney+ says that The Falcon and The Winter Soldier ranks as the most watched series premiere ever for the streaming service during its opening weekend, Friday, March 19 – Sunday, March 22, and the most watched title overall for the same time period on a global basis, including in Disney+ Hotstar markets. No viewership numbers were provided whatsoever.

Disney+ did not provide any degree of viewers for Falcon and the Winter Soldier specifically in regards to WandaVision‘s weekend premiere or The Mandalorian‘s season 1 or 2’s weekend premieres. The streaming service only mentioned that Falcon, WandaVision and season 2 of Mandalorian are the streaming service’s top three most watched weekend premieres.

:hahaha: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

So either

FWS

MS2

WV

or

FWS

WV

MS2

I assume the former from lack of announcement like this for WV. If they give top 3 again when Loki comes out it will probably resolve things for sure.

I'd assume the latter as that's the listed order on the offical press release (although the wording allows for either interpretation.) 

"The premiere of “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier” joins the premieres of Marvel Studios’ first live-action series, “WandaVision,” and the season two premiere of “The Mandalorian” from Lucasfilm as the three most-watched Disney+ Original series opening weekends to-date."

source: https://dmedmedia.disney.com/news/the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-opens-as-most-watched-series-premiere-ever-on-disney-plus

Either way doesn't mean a whole lot without numbers and the fact that FaTWS had a much larger base (100m+) than both Wanda (presumably under 100m) and Mando S2 (around 74-87m likely closer to the former which was numbers for start of October than the latter which is numbers for early December) 

Edited by Jamiem

36 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

So either

FWS

MS2

WV

or

FWS

WV

MS2

I assume the former from lack of announcement like this for WV. If they give top 3 again when Loki comes out it will probably resolve things for sure.

Disney’s latest Marvel TV show had 759k US HHs tune in on Friday, beating WandaVision‘s premiere day tune in (655k households on Friday, Jan. 15), but not quite the 1.0M US HHs that watched The Mandalorian‘s Season 2 premiere on the first day.

6 minutes ago, Gamora said:

It'll be damn interesting to see what happens with Loki though, because that's gonna be huge for sure.

I imagine Loki will be at least 50% higher than F/WS or WV.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I imagine Loki will be at least 50% higher than F/WS or WV.

I can't wait to see what kinda numbers that does, the response to the trailer was great, the views have been high, and Loki in general is so damn popular. I don't like predicting numbers personally but I'd say for sure it'd be the highest out of the Marvel shows, even when taking into account the growth in subscriptions. Hopefully they give us a bit more info for his show so we could see how close your prediction is.

17 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Disney’s latest Marvel TV show had 759k US HHs tune in on Friday, beating WandaVision‘s premiere day tune in (655k households on Friday, Jan. 15), but not quite the 1.0M US HHs that watched The Mandalorian‘s Season 2 premiere on the first day.

That's US only vs global, Mando didn't have Latin America (Wanda did.) Also not from Disney as they didn't list numbers.

I see it's Samba TV, who are meh in my opinion but even still the Deadline article listed this in the paragraph above:

"SambaTV however reports that 1.7 million households tuned into Falcon and the Winter Soldier last weekend besting the 1.6M who tuned into WandaVision‘s opening weekend. SambaTV collects data from terrestrial TVs."

As far as as US I wouldn't be surprised at all if the opening weekend numbers are Mando S2>FaTWS>WV.

But again those are not the numbers (or lack there of) that Disney are providing which are worldwide. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

That's US only vs global, Mando didn't have Latin America (Wanda did.) Also not from Disney as they didn't list numbers.

I see it's Samba TV, who are meh in my opinion but even still the Deadline article listed this in the paragraph above:

"SambaTV however reports that 1.7 million households tuned into Falcon and the Winter Soldier last weekend besting the 1.6M who tuned into WandaVision‘s opening weekend. SambaTV collects data from terrestrial TVs."

As far as as US I wouldn't be surprised at all if the opening weekend numbers are Mando S2>FaTWS>WV.

But again those are not the numbers (or lack there of) that Disney are providing which are worldwide. 

Channel 9 Feel GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

Jada Pinkett Smith Ouchies GIF by Red Table Talk

angry leave me alone GIF by Team Coco

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Haha 1