Joyous Legion

Disney+ MCU: The Falcon & The Winter Soldier | Featuring Captain Ughmerica and Battlestar Galactica

On 4/13/2021 at 5:15 PM, filmlover said:

I can't say I care for the Flag-Smashers stuff, mainly because Erin Kellyman's Karli is so bland. Not sure why Disney is so keen on making her a thing between Solo (she was the lead marauder), this, and one of the leads in the upcoming Willow reboot but eh.

Got to admit, I find her to be the weak link, both here and in Solo. I just don’t buy her as the “badass” that they keep casting her as.

Loved it!

Spoiler

Wasn't what I expected at all of the penultimate episode but I enjoyed the hell out of it. Loved that we got to see Sam deciding why he wanted to keep the shield after so much doubt, and that we got to see more of him at home as well. And then seeing him and Bucky getting along and totally becoming friends of course. :lol:

So Sharon's the Power Broker, right? Hmm, I wonder if there's more to it, just because of a filming pic I saw ages ago, so we shall see.

Batroc is back! I gotta say I didn't expect him to make another appearance but I like that they did it and it wasn't just a "hey look at this former villain from TWS" kinda cameo thing in the first episode but something that came back later. Speaking of cameos I have no idea who JLD was but I'm sure I'll see comic nerds explain it all over the internet shortly. Which is cool, cuz I wanna know. And also, not exactly the person I was expecting to see in the MCU but very awesome.

I was actually having my doubts about how they could wrap things up because it felt like it wasn't going to be enough time, but with what they did here I can see them pulling it off. Seems strange considering this was such a low-action character-based episode, but they seem to be managing it.

Mid-credits scene: of course his crazy ass is making his own shield in the basement or whatever, lol. I actually really like Russell in the role and I hope the spec of him being involved later in some way is true, I wanna see this dude fucking around some more and with JLD coming onboard as whoever I suppose that's the path he could take.

I'm glad I stuck around to check for a mid-credits scene, I was going to run off to my computer but then remembered I should check to make sure. Go, me.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Another mediocre episode though better than previous one. If you guys like it, well good for you and show.

I will be happy with it having no major impact on MCU timeline and just a filler, which this episode certainly hinted. Sharon as Power broker is almost confirmed now, which I now feel bad for. She didnt deserve this after such nice portrayal in Winter Soldier and Civil War.

• Like 2

I have been trying to reserve full judgement until the end -- since WandaVision started off strong and fucked up its landing -- but after that episode, I've seen enough.  I'm ready to call it.  This is the best thing Marvel's put out since Captain America: The Winter Soldier.  

Yeah, I said what I said.

Somewhere Jack Kirby's smiling.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Got to admit, I find her to be the weak link, both here and in Solo. I just don’t buy her as the “badass” that they keep casting her as.

She is just a bad character. Every dialogue of her is basically exposition and what she gonna do next. In episode 2 I thought they will build a solid case for One People One World but they just gave it Killmonger's vision treatment. Quite possibly she dies in next episode, probably hands of Walker.

Spoiler

considering they gave walker scene with Lame's parents and explicitly mentioning that he killed the person who killed lame. UGH.

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:
  Hide contents

I will be happy with it having no major impact on MCU timeline and just a filler, 

Spoiler

What the ef are you talking about?  Sam Wilson, aka Captain America, is the LEADER of the Avengers!! So this is going to have a MAJOR IMPACT on the rest of the MCU.  Also, Eli, is Patriot, aka a YOUNG AVENGER.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cap said:
Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Sam was Captain America day Steve gave him the Shield. I will happily forget everything happened in this episode and just pick up from Steve handing shield to Sam.

• Like 2

Spoiler

ALSO LIKE

ACTUAL FOOTAGE OF ME WHEN VALENTINA ALLEGRA DE FUCKING FONTAINE SHOWED UP

tenor.gif

AND PLAYED BY JULIA LOUIS-DREYUS.

GOD, I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO READY FOR HER AND NICK FURY TO GO FIFTEEN ROUNS OF VERBAL SPARING AND FLIRTING AND THEN SEX.

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Cap said:

I have been trying to reserve full judgement until the end -- since WandaVision started off strong and fucked up its landing -- but after that episode, I've seen enough.  I'm ready to call it.  This is the best thing Marvel's put out since Captain America: The Winter Soldier.  

Wanda vision still better  though it fucked up it's ending. FAWS show is all tell and Don't show for the most part.  Like walker's character  and though don't like what they did  with zemo he is still one of the best parts of the show.

Bucky and sam's relationship hasn't been done much with .All we get is the occasional "why did you give up the shield"  conversation.

Kali is just an exposition machine and just simply don't understand her motives. She is downright villainous.

This show has the right ideas and themes but execution is piss poor.

• Like 1

That was okay. Whole show feels simultaneously a little slow and a little rushed somehow. But it’s doing what it needed to do while being reasonably entertaining, I’m generally pretty happy when Bucky and/or Zemo are on screen doing stuff. With the buildup episodes being weaker than Wandavision though can’t afford a similarly uneven finale.

Edited by WandaLegion

4 hours ago, Cap said:

Yeah don't want to jinx anything with the finale but this show further shows the Cap series as the strongest in the MCU. 

Spoiler

Really happy they addressed that while Steve had the best of intentions of giving the shield to Sam the implications of that act are very complicated. Sad to see Zemo go for now (though I'm sure we'll see him soon) and the tease of Falcon's suit compared to Wapoer making his shield out of his garage lol

The Isaiah Bradley story glad Marvel committed to it.

Good to see Bucky be his own man finally unlike his "stans" who want him to be tied to Steve forever lmao

• Like 2

Spoiler

Another strong episode, I liked that it refocused on Sam and Bucky and got some better progression for Bucky's arc. I guess the Valentina character may be the Power Broker and Sharon is working for her? With a good finale it should be top 5 MCU for me but I'm still worried about the Power Broker stuff ruining it. 

Edited by Menor

I'm not feeling this. Poorly executed, all over the place  and some supporting characters just don't make compelling leads. Sam is just boring. Cap wasn't the most dynamic character either especially in the first movie but he had the fish out of water thing going due to being transplanted into the future, and his old school values from the 40s were perfect to clash with Tony's more modern opportunistic tendencies. Sam brings nothing to the table character-wise and anything with his sister is a mandatory skip. Cap had an advantage that he didn't have filler relatives. Bucky fares tad better because he's a secondary lead so he gets away with what a lead can't get away with and he always had a more interesting background including ongoing struggle to reign in his aggression. 

The highlights are Zemo and Walker for they are given stuff to do that actually generates conversation though one of them is making less and less sense now.  Karli is terrible. The character is a dumb exposition machine, and the actress has no presence whatsoever to sell why anyone would follow this teenager and she doesn't come off badass at all. Bad call to put authentic badaases Dora Milaje on the same show with this laughable wannabe. Just highlights even more how inadequate she is.

I hope Loki will be better. A big step down from Wandavision. I'm a big advocate for Wandavision Emmy submission especially Olsen who is just amazing, but I don't think this show or anyone on it (as fun as Zemo is) should be up for serious awards. I think that Miss Marvel is going to be D+'s next big prestige show like Wandavision.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 5

Spoiler

Loved that episode, it wasn’t particularly action heavy but I loved the character work and especially the boat fixing scenes which felt like scenes straight out of Lethal Weapon (in a good way). The Isaiah Bradley scenes were great as well, I’m glad they revisited him and went deeper into his story, hopefully we see more of him going forward, although maybe his past is a bit too heavy to see in the MCU, I can’t really see experimentation and torture being PG-13 rated.

Wyatt Russell continues to impress too, It’s obviously heading towards a battle, but I hope they don’t kill him off, I’d be interested to see him develop into a thorn in Sam and Bucky’s sides.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus turning up to chew the scenery was a pleasant surprise! 

If you look at the closing credits, it definitely seems like we’re getting at least one more cast addition next week considering all the cast slates now have names on them apart from the final one which will presumably be a “And [insert name]”. Possibly Florence Pugh? Or dare we dream...old man Steve?

• Like 1

Spoiler

That Isiah scene wow. Him recalling the getting locked up and experimented on for doing the same thing Steve did in The First Avenger. Great callback. 

I agree with people that the Flagsmashers and Karli are weak antagonists. I do get their motives but they never seem like a real threat and are overshadowed by the rest of the cast.

Also is Batrocs name in the MCU Georges or was that a screw up?