The Hunger Games

100 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Hunger Games

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The best part is the most forced romance since Attack of the Clones.

That was entirely the point. It should have looked forced because it WAS. Katniss knew she had to play the part for the cameras. Remember what Haymitch told her after Peeta said that at the interview and she was pissed off? It's a television show and being "in love" with that boy just may save her life. Hence the "you call that a kiss?" note that came with the soup he sent them in the arena.Seriously, there are legitimate beefs to have with the film and I'm not going to attack people's criticisms if they are totally subjective (like overall story, acting, directing, etc.) People like what they like and don't like what they don't like. But I can't help but feel that some things y'all are attacking just because you didn't pay enough attention. It's not like it was rocket science or super complicated.
  • Like 1

I thought the Hunger Games was a good movie. I have never read the books but was able to follow along without a problem. I think the first half was the strongest and the forest/woods scenes were not as intense as they could have been. But all in all it was well acted and was just fine for a first entry in a trilogy.B

LMAO @ anyone who thinks this measures up in any way to Battle Royale.  The idea behind this happened a decade before The Hunger Games.

Nothing like turning dark and unflinching material into another emo-teen hipster flick, IMO.

It's an average film, but easily among the most overrated of 2012.

Edited by mattmav45

THG gets much worse with a second viewing, the flaws are more noticiable.

- the handshake cam gets more annoying than ever
- the director failed in extract good performances, the only exceptions were Stanley Tucci and Elizabeth Banks
- the most bland soundtrack in years for a blockbuster
- some terrible lines
- lack of strong emotion

the one to blame is the director, who behaves as an amateur

my last rating was B/B+ (8/10)
now is C+/B- (6.5/10)
  • Like 1

The movie actually gets better after multiple viewing.Every time I watch it, I get more intrigued and connected with the characters and the wolrd of Panem itself.What's been cut from the book doesn't even bug me anymore.Can't wait for the CF.

• Like 1

THG gets much worse with a second viewing, the flaws are more noticiable. - the handshake cam gets more annoying than ever- the director failed in extract good performances, the only exceptions were Stanley Tucci and Elizabeth Banks- the most bland soundtrack in years for a blockbuster- some terrible lines- lack of strong emotion the one to blame is the director, who behaves as an amateur my last rating was B/B+ (8/10)now is C+/B- (6.5/10)

Sounds like you're talking about Harry Potter ;)
  • Like 1