Crowd Reports Thread

The LEGO Movie

February 22, 7:10 PM, 25% full

Portage 16 IMAX, Portage, IN

Trailers (no reactions)

Muppets Most Wanted

Mr. Peabody and Sherman

The Lemurs of Madagascar

Everything was awesome the second time, but the audience, being smaller, sucked. Still decent laughter at some points though

EDIT: Oh geez. I accidentally edited out my 300 crowd report with my Cap 2 report. Dammit. <_<

Captain America: The Winter SoldierSM Cebu Imax, Mar. 30, 11 am showing., >15% full.Trailers:Interstellar (no reaction)Amazing Spider-Man 2 (people went "Oh!" and were definitely into the trailer)

Godzilla (silence throughout, people talked about it after title was shown)Film/Experience:This was my second time viewing, and it was still just as awesome as the first time.

Excellent fight choreography, Falcon is cool as as heck, and solid plotting.

Crowd laughed at appropriate times and were genuinely surprised when Winter Soldier was revealed to be Bucky! Most stayed for the mid-credits scene and were definitely talking about the twins' appearance after it was done.

9/10

Edited by kaijukurt
  • Like 1

Mr. Peabody and Sherman

March 9, 4:30 PM, 65% full

Trailers (no notable reactions)

Planes: Fire and Rescue

Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Whatever

Muppets Most Wanted - a kid quoted this entire trailer. I can't blame him seeing I've seen it in front of every animated movie recently

The Lemurs of Madagascar

Rio 2

Almost Home short/trailer - I thought it was amusing, didn't get many laughs. I was kinda pissed I got a trailer for literally every possible trailer for this movie EXCEPT How to Train Your Dragon 2 <_<

Surprisingly good movie with a lot of heart. Audience laughed a bit, but not nearly as much as LEGO. Still was a good time and worth seeing

Mr. Peabody and Sherman

March 9, 4:30 PM, 65% full

Trailers (no notable reactions)

Planes: Fire and Rescue

Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Whatever

Muppets Most Wanted - a kid quoted this entire trailer. I can't blame him seeing I've seen it in front of every animated movie recently

The Lemurs of Madagascar

Rio 2

Almost Home short/trailer - I thought it was amusing, didn't get many laughs. I was kinda pissed I got a trailer for literally every possible trailer for this movie EXCEPT How to Train Your Dragon 2 <_<

Surprisingly good movie with a lot of heart. Audience laughed a bit, but not nearly as much as LEGO. Still was a good time and worth seeing

Can't help but agree on the Dragon gripe. I've had every other animated movie coming in the next few months in front of a variety of animated films, but haven't had a single trailer for Dragons yet. Christ, I got The Muppets in front of Anchorman 2 last month and The Hobbit in December!

• Like 3

Went and saw The Professional tonight as it is this months Most Wanted Movie. The crowd really surprised me, I figured if 40 people showed up for this that would be a good number, it was closer to 160! :blink:

225 seat auditorium, close to 80% full, not bad for a 20 year old movie.

Seeing this on the big screen with a big crowd just proves how much better the theatrical experience is, I've seen this movie many times, but this was the best since I saw it for the first time.

I can't wait to see The Princess Bride next month. :D

Tomorrow should be interesting too, I just realized  I can see both Divergent and Catching Fire for $10 total ($8  for Divergent matinee and special $2 showing of CF)

• Like 1

Veronica Mars

March 22, 11:15 AM, 10% full

AMC Showplace 14, Michigan City, IN

Trailers

Oculus - tense

Bears - laughter

Neighbors - some laughs

Moms' Night Out - no reaction

Tammy  - no reaction

The Fault in Our Stars - murmurs after it was done

Godzilla - silence throughout the whole trailer

Movie was pretty good I thought. Some laughs throughout the movies and there were two points where someone jumped out of their seats in shock. Alright time with a small crowd

Would you count silence as different from "no reaction"?

Yeah. "no reaction" for me typically means there was talking/murmurs during the trailer unrelated to the trailer. Whereas "murmurs" would mean like leaning over and talking about what the movie is or whispering once the trailer is done about the trailer

Yeah. "no reaction" for me typically means there was talking/murmurs during the trailer unrelated to the trailer. Whereas "murmurs" would mean like leaning over and talking about what the movie is or whispering once the trailer is done about the trailer

Oh okay, thanks!

So I guess that Godzilla trailer demanded attention, am I right?

DIVERGENT 3PM about 60% full 

CARIBBEAN CINEMAS MEGAPLEX 7

trailers :

transcendence (digging it)

neighbors ( got a few laughs)

see you evil (don't care i had my headphones on listening to music as i don't want to hear or know about it i'm horror-phobic 

this trip i saw the film title but i didnt last time )

million dollar arm (is this slumdog millionaire sequel?)

godzilla (ooohhh looks coo-coo-cool)

sabotage (looks good very actiony)

noah (keeping an open mind , bible story do lend themselves to special effects quite well)

liked the movie , it stayed faithful to 95% of the book material in my opinion , i like the casting but was not crazy about the ending which i explained in RTM

• Like 1

Divergent - C+Not bad, not great. Biggest issues were a plot derivative of 1984, The Giver, and Hunger Games, and a romance that's hindered by a couple extremely cheesy scenes. Woodley held her own and the cast delivered what was needed, nothing more.Small audience on a Sunday night, so besides giggles from a group of teenagers, not much to report.

Edited by tonytr87

Divergent

March 25, 9:30 PM, 20% full

Trailers - no reactions

The Fault in Our Stars

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Transcendence

Draft Day

Movie was better than expected. Crowd was pretty average for a late night show. There were some laughs but ultimately a dead crowd. One person clapped at the end

• Like 1

Muppets Most Wanted

4:15PM not a lot of people

Trailers:

Boxtrolls: Looks odd.

Lemurs of Madagascar: Okay...

Earth to Echo: I liked it better when it was ET-though the alien is not as creepy, comment "ET meets blair witch!

Dragon 2: Best reaction, looks great.

Annie: Bunch of girls my age are really not liking this (Can't blame them either, I do have to admit the modern setting seems off)

*Hearing start movie!*

Planes 2: A bunch of really? though kids laughed.(People were really getting anxious now)

Maleficent: By now people were tired of the trailers and were going start! Looks good I will admit

The Monsters short-before it stated people were going "Not another trailer!!!!" Anyway quite funny.

Movie: Very good, not sure if I liked it more then the last one or not. I believe there more cameos in this one. The songs were clever. Quite a few funny parts in it.

A-

• Like 3

Non-Stop

March 27, 7:30 PM, 15% full

Trailers - no reactions except one

Noah

The Quiet Ones

Edge of Tomorrow

A Million Ways to Die in the West - some laughs

Enjoyable time. Audience was dead except for some laughs at points and gasps at others

Noah

Date: March 27-28

Time: 10 PM Showing

Audience: 60% Full

Theater: AMC 24 Sunset, Miami (Florida)

Trailers-

X-Men: Days Of The Future Past (some girls cheered when J-Law came on screen, other than that pretty silent)

Earth To Echo (no reaction, talking and chattering throughout the Trailer)

Heaven Is For Real (some "awws" with the kid on some part)

Godzilla (pretty silent until the roar shaked the theater, some whispers including "holy sh*t" during and post title)

NOTE: people now started to get anxious for the movie

Transformers: Age Of Extinction (silence throughout the Trailer, a girl was like "woah" when Optimus blew out of the farmhouse)

Hercules (a guy was saying "its Conan" when we saw the Rock's back, people laughed at Hercules' pose after the title)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (DID NOT expect this one coming, some people had "wait they are making this" reactions when the title came up, and some chuckled at Michaelgelo's joke, one girl said "looks like Shrek")

The movie: 5/10. SLIGHTLY better than Son Of God, but WTF did I watch? Magnificent acting and amazing effects aside, the movie had poor writing and obviously was trying to appeal to different masses. The audience gasped at some of the scary parts, like

Ham's girlfriend being run over and squashed by the crowd of men and when the villain man was doing ugly things to the animals

• Like 1