Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

When I saw John Carter yesterday, there was quite a few people going to see The Lorax, as well as some for 21 Jump Street. And there was a line outside of John Carter when I got out.

21 Jump StreetToday, 1:30PM250 seats, something like 30% full.Trailers:American Reunion - MehThe Cold Light of Day - MehWrath of the Titans - MehLockout - MehReally funny movie. Great reactions from the crowd with all the constant loling going on during the flick.

Edited by CoolioD1

21 Jump StreetRegal Starlight 14, $8.75, 9:55, Good crowd sizeAmerican Reunion- some laughsNeighborhood Watch- laughs at the end jokeLockout- some talkMen in Black 3 (the first trailer)- talk, someone yelled, "why is everything in fucking 3D!?' - had the audience rolling.Chernobyl Diaries- small talkThats My Boy- some laughs, mostly near the endWhoadang. What did i see yesturday. 21 Jump Street I swear is the funniest movie I have seen. The crowd loved it and their was positive talk when people were leaving, and I missed some jokes cuz of the non stop laughter. Heres my full review, check it out! http://jaysonb593.bl...ump-street.html

Edited by jandrew

Ha ha. Those are just few. Sometimes, as many as 12 trailers are shown. That's why I like going to the movies here. :)

Here it is like 2-3 trailers tops. When somehow 4 trailers pass, I think I am on another country. :lol:
  • Like 1

Here it is like 2-3 trailers tops. When somehow 4 trailers pass, I think I am on another country. :lol:

12 trailer!? holy crap! The closest theater to me usually does 3-4, and then the one up the road does around 5-6. People get tired and restless of them with 4, i cant imagine 12! Thats like 20 minutes of trailers. Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

On the contrary, I rarely see screenings with less than 6 trailers here in the Philippines. And in some cinemas we don't have just trailers we also have commercials and public service announcements attached. Ever since I was a child I remember that it has always been this way so I'm actually quite surprised that this isn't the case elsewhere in the world

• Like 1

I typically get 4-5 trailers at my nearby theaters. I may get less than that for smaller films, though. For example, when I went to see Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy at my nearby 16-plex, we literally only got one trailer: Titanic 3D.

The standard 2D theaters where I go show 6-7 trailers, same with the standard 3D theaters in which the last 2-3 trailers are for 3D movies. My IMAX theater sometimes only shows trailers for IMAX movies which can limit the number of trailers shown.

Edited by Jay Beezy

I saw The Grey today and only 2 trailers were showed: The Raven and Intouchables. And of course, we also have commercials and public service announcements before every movie.

Well on my FB I do see quite a few people that really enjoyed John Carter. Though as I said before quite a few also can't go to the movies as much as they like. (Most people I know don't see them as near as much as me. Yet some people on here seem to have seen over 10 movies made this year!)

Well on my FB I do see quite a few people that really enjoyed John Carter. Though as I said before quite a few also can't go to the movies as much as they like. (Most people I know don't see them as near as much as me. Yet some people on here seem to have seen over 10 movies made this year!)

Seen 25 films from this year (more if you count the ones that are from 2011).

Got me counting. Watched 18 movies so far this year, 3 local ones, 7 through press screenings, 9 2011 movies (mostly the Oscar movies) and wow the 1st quarter ain't over yet :D

Edited by forg