Trailers

Interstellar featurette

Top Five - lots of laughs

Into the Woods

Unbroken

The Wedding Ringer - a few laughs

Exodus: Gods and Kings

The Interview - few laughs

Movie was pretty good, got a few laughs at appropriate times, otherwise no reactions.

• Like 4

John Wick

October 29, 5:00 PM, 25% full

Carbondale 8, Carbondale, IL

Trailers

Nightcrawler introduced by Jake Gylenhaal

Horrible Bosses 2 - laughs

Into the Woods

The Interview - a laugh

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1

Exodus

Mortdecai - some laughs

Interstellar featurette

Badass movie. Some laughter throughout. Nonobtrusive crowd

• Like 4

Interstellar

7/11/2014 5.00 PM

Hoyts Melbourne Central 25% full

Trailers:

Serena

The Water Diviner

Hunger Games: Mockingjay

Exodus

Hobbit 3 (First trailer)

Movie:

Great movie. Beautiful looking movie with awesome ending. Not a lot of people during the session. Some bugs were flying around in front of the projector, it was annoying.

9/10

Edited by Geraldino
  • Like 2

Big Hero 6 (3D)

11/6/14 9:45 PM 

Green Valley Galaxy Luxury 10, Henderson, NV

60% full

Trailers:
Spongebob 2 (minor laughs)

Minions (laughs)

Inside Out (intrigued whispering)

Annie (zero reaction)

Tomorrowland (same as IO)

No Avengers, surprisingly enough

Zero kids in the audience, which was a shocker. A group in their young twenties laughed at everything Baymax did, and everybody loved the post-credits scene. Otherwise not too much of a reaction, but I didn't see it with any of the target audience. Good film, though.

Interstellar/Dumb and Dumber To next week.

• Like 2

Big Hero 6 (3D)

11/6/14 9:45 PM 

Green Valley Galaxy Luxury 10, Henderson, NV

60% full

Trailers:

Spongebob 2 (minor laughs)

Minions (laughs)

Inside Out (intrigued whispering)

Annie (zero reaction)

Tomorrowland (same as IO)

No Avengers, surprisingly enough

Zero kids in the audience, which was a shocker. A group in their young twenties laughed at everything Baymax did, and everybody loved the post-credits scene. Otherwise not too much of a reaction, but I didn't see it with any of the target audience. Good film, though.

Interstellar/Dumb and Dumber To next week.

You go to the movies on a weekday and expect kids in a theater with a movie finishing in the middle of the night?

• Like 3

After having gone to plenty of family films (on Thursday opening) in the same exact timeframe in the past and seeing kids, yes.

May I ask you, were you live? I mean you nationality?

I've heard it a lot, that in the US, people even bring their 2 year olds to the movies at night.

That's something, I've never witnessed over here.

May I ask you, were you live? I mean you nationality?

I've heard it a lot, that in the US, people even bring their 2 year olds to the movies at night.

That's something, I've never witnessed over here.

I've lived in both Las Vegas and LA (Vegas currently) and have seen this on a regular basis.

Hello, Boys! I'm Baa-aack!!!

interstellar.jpg

Interstellar - IMAX (***and SPOILER FREE***)

8:00PM Thursday, November 6th

Jordan's Furniture IMAX Reading

Theater Capacity: 500 (100% full; crowd was mainly adults 20's and older, probably a 3:1 male to female ratio... typical Nolan crowd)

Ticket Price: $11.50

Concessions: n/a

TRAILERS: n/a

THE FILM:

After a three-month drought of writing a crowd report, I felt compelled to share with the world how amazing this movie is. Like me, a lot of people have been reading mixed reviews about Interstellar, which has a noticeably lower Rotten Tomato score than any other Christopher Nolan picture from the last six years (***but still certified fresh!).

Please, everyone, do yourselves a favor: stop reading the reviews and GO SEE INTERSTELLAR.

Interstellar is the movie everyone's going to be talking about through the holidays. Like Inception, this conjures up the thoughts and ideas that really stick with you for a very, very long time. The cavalcade of talent, intellect, and awe Interstellar features is mesmerizing. Changing it up a bit, I think Hans Zimmer's score on this film is perfection. The intensity this music exudes fits excellently with the weight of the subjects this story explores. And the experience the whole theater enjoyed when those intense scenes were taking place--that sensation of our seats vibrating like crazy from the sound as if we were along for the ride--that experience will never be replicable on your home television.

Seriously, GO SEE INTERSTELLAR!

The cast was very smartly selected. Obviously the names given top-billing (McConaughey, Hathaway) put up terrific performances. But as the plot thickens and we meet everybody, my jaw literally dropped on a couple occasions from sheer geekdom recognizing who was playing what, why I recognized them, and why their performances elevated the film that much more. American BeautyRequiem For A DreamSilence of the LambsCloud Atlas, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Good Will HuntingZero Dark Thirty... it's like Interstellar was the sum of pieces from so many of my favorite movies.

Again, GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND GO WATCH INTERSTELLAR!!!

I'm going to need to watch Interstellar at least a couple more times before I can decide where it ranks on the scale of Christopher Nolan movies, but I can definitely confirm this is his most ambitious project yet. The whole production team puts a lot of faith in the audience--A LOT--to keep up with the science as it's explained through the picture (both narratively and visually). Amazingly, Interstellar was light enough in all the right places story-wise, including some great comedy--an unexpected but welcome move from team Nolan. At a nearly 3-hour running time, this is definitely a movie you want to make sure you're prepared to sit through. A group of friends and I went to see this together, and I don't think any of us got up for a bathroom break. In fact, after the movie (applauses and all), the line for the bathroom was especially long and had people commenting to each other, "There was no way I could get up during that movie. Totally worth holding for the last hour!" (haha)

I don't want to sound preachy anymore. I'm clearly a fan of everything Christopher Nolan directs. And I'm actually going to get of my butt now and probably buy another IMAX ticket to see this as soon as possible.

Experience - 30/30

Story/Writing - 19/20

Acting - 15/15

Tech Specs (Editing, Effects, Cinematography) - 15/15

Directing - 10/10

Music - 10/10

THE VERDICT: 99/100, A+

Comments, Likes, Shares, and Feedback are always appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 6

Interstellar

3PM IMAX

About 75% full (wow!) mostly adults, very few under the age of 25. (2nd oldest age range audience I've seen this year or at least sense Lone Survivor-Fury is the oldest so far)

Trailers:

The Gambler: Well the lights were not turned down yet so mostly "um turn down the lights please!"

Selma: Heard some talking.

Exodus: Every time I've seen the trailer it is different.

Furious 7: Tons of laughs at one line at the end.

Avengers 2: Some talking.

Movie: Pretty good. Though rather confusing at times. The music was pretty good. The sound was good yet...well I never thought I say this but it was actually kind of loud at some points. The acting was not that bad either. The script did have some odd parts but over all it was good. Not sure where to rate this year. I think this is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite film of the year so far though. (Fury is my top choice still)

A-

Interstellar in 4K

November 7, 8:10 PM, 90% full

Trailers

Avengers: Age of Ultron - murmurs

American Sniper - murmurs

Furious 7 - laughs and murmurs

The Interview - laughs

The Gambler - murmurs

Selma - murmurs

Great audience. Laughs at appropriate spots and a nice round of applause at the end. People I was with were crying a bunch too! :D

• Like 2

Interstellar

November 12, Tuesday, 3:45 PM

IMAX, 80% full

Trailers: 

Fury - weird choice since it's in theatres for 3 weeks already

Jupiter Ascending - the new trailer - a lot of whispers at this one and a few 'wow's at some scenes; also, the whole theatre burst out laughing at the 'I love dogs' joke.

Audience: mainly young people and a few older ones as well; pretty mixed; good reaction, a lot of laughs at the appropriate moments; also heard people crying, including the girl I was with; stunned silence at the end of the movie for about half a minute and heavy talk afterwards.

Movie: best of the year. More in the review thread.

Edited by James

Nightcrawler

November 11, 5:05 PM, 25% full

Trailers

The Imitation Game

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1

The Theory of Everything

American Sniper

The Interview - some laughs

Tak3n - "another one?"

Rosewater

Some laughs throughout the movie at appropriate times. They ran out of the theater though. I enjoyed it at least.

Interstellar 

November 4 8:00 PM sold out

Great Clips IMAX at The Minnesota Zoo  Apple Valley, MN

Trailers 

none

Crowd laugh at times. There were some claps at the end. I loved the movie one best movies of year.

Birdman

November 6 4:30 PM

AMC Rosedale 

8 or less people 

trailers 

The Imitation  Game 

Wild 

Great movie with great character. The movie is a great black comedy.  If you get a chance see this movie

Interstellar 

November 9 3:30 PM LieIMAX 

AMC Arbor Lakes IMAX

25% full  about 100 people 

Trailers no reaction

Selma

Top Five

The Gambler

Avengers: Age of Ultron

The Hobbit 

Furious 7

Edited by Snoopy of Suburbia

Interstellar 

10:25 PM 

Green Valley Luxury Plus 10

Henderson, NV

40% full

Trailers

Selma (no reaction)
Furious 7 (tepid at best)

The Gambler (zero reaction)

Exodus (also no reaction)

Film was decent at best. I'm not a huge Nolan fan but I don't hate him. Didn't like TDKR but loved TDK. This one was entertaining but suffered badly in the middle act. (didn't like anything that occurred on the typical Nolan ice planet) The staff as always at our theater (which is owned by the same company as Alamo Drafthouse I believe) asked us what we thought. I just shrugged and said, "Long but entertaining." Other people looked tired and angry. One lady just said, "Deep."

Such a polarizing film that I was surprised that I didn't come across feeling strongly one way or the other. I think it did things well and did other things not so well. However I think it's much closer to TDK and The Prestige than Inception or TDKR in my feelings on Nolan films, so that's good.

Dumb and Dumber To tonight. What a switch up haha.

• Like 1