Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

• Founder / Operator

In an effort to clean up some of the permanent topics in here, this thread staple since the early days of *that other box office site* is being downgraded to a regular one. Feel free to bump if you'd like to post your crowd reports in the future, but it will no longer be pinned.

• Like 2

Maleficent

7:30 PM 20% Full

Jupiter Ascending (No Response)

Book of Life (few laughs)

Big Hero Six (lots of laughs)

Annie ( few laughs)

Paddington (No Response)

Transformers( No Respose)

Cinderella Teaser

Movie: Gorgeous film, Special effects are beautiful but the story is at the level of See Spot Run, feel like the move was made for Shiloh's age group or under only. Funny only saw one kid at my showing. Grade D-

P.S. The crowd was strangely quiet at the end, heard no comments about the movie, just one about how happy she was to get out of the cold theater.

Edited by commonsense88

BLENDEDDate: Tuesday 27th MayCinema: Vue HarrowTime: 14:00Format: 2DCapacity: Very full. About 95%Trailers:Tammy- Some laughs and lots of chatting after. I love this trailerThe fault in our stars- Silence during trailer and lots of chatting after. So excited for this filmWalking on sunshine- No reaction. Another film I can't wait to seeMaleficent- the most pointless 10 second trailer again. No reaction22 jump street- lots of laughsFilm was great. Audience loved it. Loads of laughing

• Like 1

X-Men: Days of Future Past

5/28/2014

100% Full (discount day)

Trailers:

Blended: has been played in every movie but people laugh 

Edge of Tomorrow: it looks awesome and people liked it 

Its the best comic book movie I´ve seen this year (missed spider man but I dont think its quite good)

the best scene is the quicksilver one people loved it and the acting was sooo good

9/10

Godzilla

May 30, 8:30 PM, (As it is a drive-in, I cannot judge how full it is)

49er Drive-In, Valparaiso, IN

Trailers (no reactions)

Guardians of the Galaxy

Maleficent

Movie was just as good this time, I guess maybe a little worse. Audience didn't like it much at all

May 30, 10:50 PM, (As it is a drive-in, I cannot judge how full it is)

49er Drive-In, Valparaiso, IN

Trailers (no reactions)

Edge of Tomorrow

Even better the second time. Unfortunately, the sound totally sucked and missed dialogue frequently. Still, glad I saw it again

Movie :Edge Of Tomorrow (Preview Show)

Time: 9.30Pm

Theatre: Fun Cinemas- Bangalore, India 

70%Full (Lots of Males 20-30s) 2-3 families as well 

Trailers: 

HTTYD2- No Reaction

TF4- No reaction

Movie was classy funny and mostly thrilling at times!!!! Loved the CG effects the best this year!!!! doug liman totally nailed it!!!! must accept the fact tat EoT is his best work after Bourne.....Cruise nd blunt were a totallll badasss  :D Mimics were well designed but they look some wat similar to the ones in matrix!!! the oly negative was in the beginning scenes were repetitive heard few whispers 

ppl are like disappointed but later as pace picks up the movie hits the right tone!!!! 

7.5/10 for this awesome Summer BlockBuster 

Edited by Superstancer
  • Like 2

X-Men: DOFP - Cinemark in Plano, Tx

XD/3D showing

Trailers:

Edge of Tomorrow -  This was a great trailer in 3d.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - Another good trailer.

Movie - This was great in 3d on the huge XD screen. The story and the characters were very good. Quicksilver was awesome! It may have passed X2 as my favorite X-Men movie. This was a great trip to the movies!

• Like 1

Posted Image

Edge of Tomorrow in IMAX-3D

8:00PM Thursday, June 5th

Jordan's Furniture IMAX Natick

Theater Capacity: 250 (50% full; heavily male-leaning audience of all ages)

Ticket Price: $14.25

Concessions: n/a

TRAILERS:

Interstellar - Wow. On the proper IMAX screen, this feels amazing! Complete silence across audience.

Guardians of the Galaxy - some laughter throughout trailer, looks beautiful in IMAX 3D; silence at end, though.

Transformers: Age of Extinction - new trailer, and these keep getting better and better. Seriously, though, in this theater you feel everything you hear, and this trailer alone was worth the experience of going to the theater tonight. I've got high hopes for Transformers 4.

THE FILM:

Edge of Tomorrow was FREAKING INCREDIBLE!!! I don't just mean good for a Tom Cruise film or great as far as action movies go. I mean District 9, high octane, freaking genius INCREDIBLE! Every single critic has outlined the Groundhog Day tactic this movie employs, which in essence is our protagonist reliving the same day over, and over, and over again. What they're not bold enough to admit is that Edge of Tomorrow does it better... much better.

Usually I reserve the second paragraph of my crowd reports to discuss how the acting and/or effects were on screen, and although those features in this movie were excellent, I cannot stop gushing about how fantastic this story was. From beginning to end, Edge of Tomorrow moves at a breakneck, action-packed pace while simultaneously unfolding a complex idea, and adds so much legitimacy and purpose to the narrative that within no time you're literally sitting on the edge of your seat cheering on the characters to win their war. It echoes WWII films in a way no contemporary war film has succeeded to; it employs elements from the monomyth (AKA The Hero's Journey) so subtly most would never think to make the positive connection; and the understated love story somehow remains ever-present, which is baffling because Emily Blunt's character's memory of Tom Cruise's character is wiped clean every time they interact with each other. 

The score was awesome. The 3D effects in IMAX were incredibly immersive. The humor was unexpected, surprising, and clever. The annoyances one would expect from the repetition in the story just aren't there... this is no Source Code (***I see now the flaws in that film). I love that this film has its Ned Ryerson character in Bill Paxton... perfect casting! The direction ruled! The crowd liked it, said positive things at the end. A couple people clapped.

I've gone to the movies 20 times so far this year and this was probably my favorite film I've seen. So watch it!

Experience - 29/30

Story/Writing - 20/20

Acting - 14/15

Tech Specs (Editing, Effects, Cinematography) - 15/15

Direction - 10/10

Music - 10/10

THE VERDICT: 98/100, A+

Comments, Likes, Shares, and Feedback are always appreciated. Thank you! :-)

• Like 9

Posted Image

Edge of Tomorrow in IMAX-3D

8:00PM Thursday, June 5th

Jordan's Furniture IMAX Natick

Theater Capacity: 250 (50% full; heavily male-leaning audience of all ages)

Ticket Price: $14.25

Concessions: n/a

TRAILERS:

Interstellar - Wow. On the proper IMAX screen, this feels amazing! Complete silence across audience.

Guardians of the Galaxy - some laughter throughout trailer, looks beautiful in IMAX 3D; silence at end, though.

Transformers: Age of Extinction - new trailer, and these keep getting better and better. Seriously, though, in this theater you feel everything you hear, and this trailer alone was worth the experience of going to the theater tonight. I've got high hopes for Transformers 4.

THE FILM:

Edge of Tomorrow was FREAKING INCREDIBLE!!! I don't just mean good for a Tom Cruise film or great as far as action movies go. I mean District 9, high octane, freaking genius INCREDIBLE! Every single critic has outlined the Groundhog Day tactic this movie employs, which in essence is our protagonist reliving the same day over, and over, and over again. What they're not bold enough to admit is that Edge of Tomorrow does it better... much better.

Usually I reserve the second paragraph of my crowd reports to discuss how the acting and/or effects were on screen, and although those features in this movie were excellent, I cannot stop gushing about how fantastic this story was. From beginning to end, Edge of Tomorrow moves at a breakneck, action-packed pace while simultaneously unfolding a complex idea, and adds so much legitimacy and purpose to the narrative that within no time you're literally sitting on the edge of your seat cheering on the characters to win their war. It echoes WWII films in a way no contemporary war film has succeeded to; it employs elements from the monomyth (AKA The Hero's Journey) so subtly most would never think to make the positive connection; and the understated love story somehow remains ever-present, which is baffling because Emily Blunt's character's memory of Tom Cruise's character is wiped clean every time they interact with each other. 

The score was awesome. The 3D effects in IMAX were incredibly immersive. The humor was unexpected, surprising, and clever. The annoyances one would expect from the repetition in the story just aren't there... this is no Source Code (***I see now the flaws in that film). I love that this film has its Ned Ryerson character in Bill Paxton... perfect casting! The direction ruled! The crowd liked it, said positive things at the end. A couple people clapped.

I've gone to the movies 20 times so far this year and this was probably my favorite film I've seen. So watch it!

Experience - 29/30

Story/Writing - 20/20

Acting - 14/15

Tech Specs (Editing, Effects, Cinematography) - 15/15

Direction - 10/10

Music - 10/10

THE VERDICT: 98/100, A+

Comments, Likes, Shares, and Feedback are always appreciated. Thank you! :-)

My goodness. I haven't read one of your crowd reports in forever. I don't think I've even been in this thread for over a year or more.

Great report as always Andy.

• Like 3

June 6, 12:15 PM, 10% full

Portage 16 IMAX, Portage, IN

Trailers (no reactions)

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Lucy

The Giver

Third times the charm. Fantastic film, even though this audience sucked. Only laughed a little bit and the last ten minutes of the movie was marred by a crying baby

Maleficent

3:30PM

About 30% full

Trailers:Paddington

Transformers 4

Get on Up

If I Stay (Which I swear the entire movie is in this trailer)Annie

Book of Life

Cinderella

Big Hero 6-this one had tons of laughs

Movie:Very good, not what I expected at all. The visuals were great, hopefully they will be remembered at the end of the year. Jolie was great, so was Fanning. The music was good also. Great film.

A- 

• Like 1