Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

here http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCIJ0F62og4&feature=related saint barths is right next door literally

That is so cool. Is that the same beach where people stand on the fence as planes are taking off, trying not to get blown over by the wind?I'm jealous of your life. I really want to live down there.

THE AVENGERS

Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall (55% Full) | Cainta | Philippines

Trailers:

MADAGASCAR: EUROPE'S MOST WANTED | huge laughs from the kids

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN | chatter

MEN IN BLACK lll | chatter

ICE AGE: CONTINENTAL DRIFT | big laughs too

Posted Image

A good script, huge vfx, great humor, and an amazing chemistry from its

cast members make this ambitious film the most entertaining SH movie so far.

08.40 | 10.00

Edited by kayumanggi

rockandrolla, yes that's the beach ,imagine being in the plane...don't be you know the saying "the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence"the avengers coming here next week only,i'll have to wait a bit but "talk like a man " has 2/7 screens targeted audience and all that jazz

• Like 1

The Avengers

9:30 PM Saturday, 04/28

80% Full in a 274 seater

Trailer:

Arjun (animated Indian movie produced by Disney)

Movie:

The movie starts off fast, has a somewhat slower middle part and ends with a bang. The action scenes and stunts are fabulous. It has an engaging score also.

RDJ, Chris Evans, SJ, Mark Ruffalo all deliver nicely.

B+

Edited by jb007

The Pirates! Band of Misfits

Sunday, April 29th at 2:30 PM in 2D

Theater was 10% full

Trailers

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

To The Arctic (unnecessary, since it already came out)

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted

Despicable Me 2 (the only trailer that got a reaction, the kids all laughed at the end)

ParaNorman

Hotel Transylvania

The Film

The Pirates! Band of Misfits isn't among Aardman's better films, but it's still a lot of fun. Excellent animation (the sets took over a year to build and perfect!) and a good story made it work, along with the over-the-top tone of the whole thing. The only real problem I had with it was that it was edited for American audiences. The more crude humor from the original British version (The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!) was removed, and a few voices were re-dubbed. They didn't completely ruin everything though. A nice fun ride with some spectacular animation.

B+

Edited by Safari92

I'm rather late here, but.....

THE AVENGERS in IMAX 3D

Saturday, 28th April 2012

Cineworld Crawley 15, UK

550/550 SOLD OUT

£12.48/$18 I think

Trailers

Dark Shadows: A few laughs

The Dark Knight Rises (old trailer): Silence during and some chatter after

MIB3: Some laughs

Prometheus: I don't know how to gauge this reaction. It was silent during, and completely silent after, like you could hear a pin drop. I don't know if that was a good or bad thing.

Movie

It's awesome. Just awesome. So far it's the third best film i've seen this year. While it does take a while to get into its stride and pace its self nicely, it is always great fun to watch. Banter between all the character's is great, espescially any interraction with Loki.

The action, is insane. BUT, it isn't as if we haven't seen a similar scale of action and destruction on the big screen before. Where it succeeds here, is that you care what happens to each of the characters, and the fate of the world, because they've been treated with care in the build up, essentially succeeding where Transformers has fallen flat in its sequels. Not to compare the film with ROTF or DOTM, with the exception of scale.

My only real gripe of the film comes with the screentime or lack thereof for my favourite Avenger. He arrives with no explanation, gets little screen time compared to the others and disappears just as quick. Could have been a worse gripe but there we go.

All in all, this is a tremendous time at the movies, definitely the best summer starter for god knows how long. I can almost guarentee this will be some of the most fun you'll have at the movies all year.

9/10

• Like 1

Looking forward to the crowd reports tonight, specifically trailer reactions from TDKR and Prometheus ;)

And The Amazing Spider-Man and Expendables 2 please!

I did a search on twitter about The Dark Knight Rises

two tweets about how silent the crowd was.

"So the Dark Knight Rises trailer came on and everyone was quiet. Never heard a theatre so quiet for a trailer. Still got chills. Can't wait!"

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia