Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

:lol: its just he wouldn't of gotten so many things they said. I also loved how RDJ always called him "old man" when he is probably the oldest (though Sam might be older)

The Avengers

11:00am - 75% full

Trailers:

Battleship - Not much of a reaction

Prometheus - It was so loud I couldn't tell, but I think the audience were intrigued

Brave - Some general interest esp. since it's from Pixar

The Expendables 2 - Some chuckles (in a good way) when Schwarzenegger was shown)

Frankenweenie - Some general laughs from kids

The Amazing Spider-Man - No reaction

The Dark Knight Rises - Absolute silence throughout (heard a kid quietly exclaim "Batman!" halfway through, though)

As for the movie, general reaction was good, though no clapping until the end of the teaser scene from a couple of those who were left.

Edited by TheMovieman

Avengers 7 May 4:30pm showing

Trailers:

TDKR

TASM

Brave

Frankenweenie

Battleship

Small crowd so didn't hear any reaction to anything.

Theater located in a suburb 30 screen multiplex. Avengers showing on 9 screens. About 25% full. Lots of latecomers. Theater was empty 30 minutes before showtime. Audience laughed in all the right places. Had two people walk out about 15 minutes into the movie...that was weird. Those who stayed seemed to enjoy it a lot. Most stayed for the after-credits scenes.

Posted Image

Marvel's The Avengers in LieMAX 3D

8:10PM Monday, May 7th

AMC Boston Common 19 & LieMAX

Theater Capacity: 654 (100%; almost entirely college-age students)

Ticket Price: Free Golden Ticket + $6 IMAX-3D surcharge

Concessions: n/a

TRAILERS:

Expendables 2 - "I'm back!" That Arnold quote immediately energized the audience. Great reaction, great trailer, and lots of talking from the audience.

End of Watch - First-person crime drama starring Jake Gyllenhaal and company. Does look like Training Day and also got a lot of people talking.

The Dictator - this trailer works with a lot of audiences, especially the helicopter bit at the end. LOL-reaction and lots of talking from the audience.

The Dark Knight Rises - the trailer got total silence and commanded the undivided attention of seemingly every person in the audience; perfect reaction.

The Amazing Spider-Man - this footage looks exceptional in 3D and on the big screen. I even heard several different people say "Wow!" toward the end of the trailer.

Prometheus - best trailer ever, but it got a mixed reaction from people.

Frankenweenie - the footage looks great (I'm a fan of dark stop-motion pictures), but this story seems a little too weird. Got some talking from the audience.

THE FILM:

The Avengers lives up to all of the build-up. The superheroes are given equal time in the spotlight; the 143-minute runtime moves at a proper pace; the story effectively makes use of the material set forth in the previous Marvel films (Spider-Men aside); and the spectacle achieves the epic proportions everyone hoped for.

The film direction is applaudable--as widely publicized, The Avengers is superbly directed by a comic fan who does justice to the beloved material. Even after a post-production 3D conversion, the special effects employed in this film are among the finest I've seen in any movie. While Transformers: Dark of the Moon had its 40 minutes of eye candy as robots tore apart downtown Chicago and set a standard for special effects destruction of a downtown, Avengers brings it to a whole new level. I really couldn't tell if they shot some of these scenes over a green screen or on location; the aesthetic detail was that fine. There was a single sequence among the action toward the end that highlighted all of the different characters battling the villains that had every person in my row on the edge of their seat.

Every actor/actress fittingly brought their A-game to this spectacular feature. As if their physical prowess wasn't impressive enough, the most surprising quality about Avengers was how funny each person was. Every character had a laugh-out-loud funny line or physically comical scene. And still, there were scenes of vulnerability for each of them that stressed the principles of the hero's journey--that our heroes must come close to failure before they can successfully overcome oppression.

Everything about this movie was executed beautifully, and the sentiment was shared among my co-audience members. Each of my friends and I had a different favorite hero from the movie, which I felt reflected the equal screen time and awesomeness given to each character. I will most likely check this out a second time while it's still in theaters, and I highly recommend others check this out in 3D or IMAX (or even LieMAX). Visually, this is the most beautiful film to be released in 2012.

Experience - 30/30

Story/Writing - 20/20

Acting - 15/15

Tech Specs (Cinematography, Editing, Effects) - 15/15

Direction - 10/10

Music - 8/10

Bonuses - Special Effects Caliber, 5; Award-caliber- 5 (This definitely earned Oscar nominations in every single tech category, and I'd even argue that Mark Ruffalo delivers an award-worthy supporting performance as Bruce Banner)

THE VERDICT: 108/100, A+

• Like 2

Impact i FINALLY get what you mean! Wizard of Oz came out in his time! Haha i cant believe it took this long

I didn't know what the reference was from initially (I Googled it afterwards :lol:), but I still found it funny in the sense that Cap may not be from this time, but unlike Thor, he's from Earth.
  • Like 1

Posted Image

Marvel's The Avengers in LieMAX 3D

8:10PM Monday, May 7th

AMC Boston Common 19 & LieMAX

Theater Capacity: 654 (100%; almost entirely college-age students)

Ticket Price: Free Golden Ticket + $6 IMAX-3D surcharge

Concessions: n/a

TRAILERS:

Expendables 2 - "I'm back!" That Arnold quote immediately energized the audience. Great reaction, great trailer, and lots of talking from the audience.

End of Watch - First-person crime drama starring Jake Gyllenhaal and company. Does look like Training Day and also got a lot of people talking.

The Dictator - this trailer works with a lot of audiences, especially the helicopter bit at the end. LOL-reaction and lots of talking from the audience.

The Dark Knight Rises - the trailer got total silence and commanded the undivided attention of seemingly every person in the audience; perfect reaction.

The Amazing Spider-Man - this footage looks exceptional in 3D and on the big screen. I even heard several different people say "Wow!" toward the end of the trailer.

Prometheus - best trailer ever, but it got a mixed reaction from people.

Frankenweenie - the footage looks great (I'm a fan of dark stop-motion pictures), but this story seems a little too weird. Got some talking from the audience.

THE FILM:

The Avengers lives up to all of the build-up. The superheroes are given equal time in the spotlight; the 143-minute runtime moves at a proper pace; the story effectively makes use of the material set forth in the previous Marvel films (Spider-Men aside); and the spectacle achieves the epic proportions everyone hoped for.

The film direction is applaudable--as widely publicized, The Avengers is superbly directed by a comic fan who does justice to the beloved material. Even after a post-production 3D conversion, the special effects employed in this film are among the finest I've seen in any movie. While Transformers: Dark of the Moon had its 40 minutes of eye candy as robots tore apart downtown Chicago and set a standard for special effects destruction of a downtown, Avengers brings it to a whole new level. I really couldn't tell if they shot some of these scenes over a green screen or on location; the aesthetic detail was that fine. There was a single sequence among the action toward the end that highlighted all of the different characters battling the villains that had every person in my row on the edge of their seat.

Every actor/actress fittingly brought their A-game to this spectacular feature. As if their physical prowess wasn't impressive enough, the most surprising quality about Avengers was how funny each person was. Every character had a laugh-out-loud funny line or physically comical scene. And still, there were scenes of vulnerability for each of them that stressed the principles of the hero's journey--that our heroes must come close to failure before they can successfully overcome oppression.

Everything about this movie was executed beautifully, and the sentiment was shared among my co-audience members. Each of my friends and I had a different favorite hero from the movie, which I felt reflected the equal screen time and awesomeness given to each character. I will most likely check this out a second time while it's still in theaters, and I highly recommend others check this out in 3D or IMAX (or even LieMAX). Visually, this is the most beautiful film to be released in 2012.

Experience - 30/30

Story/Writing - 20/20

Acting - 15/15

Tech Specs (Cinematography, Editing, Effects) - 15/15

Direction - 10/10

Music - 8/10

Bonuses - Special Effects Caliber, 5; Award-caliber- 5 (This definitely earned Oscar nominations in every single tech category, and I'd even argue that Mark Ruffalo delivers an award-worthy supporting performance as Bruce Banner)

THE VERDICT: 108/100, A+

Thanks for your crowd reports Andy. I find them great reads and I appreciate the detail. Your scoring system is pretty cool too.
  • Like 2

The Avengers 2D

180 seats - 55% full

16:20

Cuiaba - MT - Brazil

Trailers

Prometheus - Nothing, Silence

Brave - Great response, tons of laughs

**This trailer is different from the third trailer released, has a few different scenes in the beginning and when it starts playing that song in the end of third trailer, is completely different, with different music and new scenes.

The Movie

The movie is a perfect blockbuster. The people wanted to see a group of heroes in action.

This isn't the best blockbuster or the best movie, Only one movie that fulfills the dreams of millions of people by showing a group of superheroes defending the Earth (not very brightly I must say)

Pros

- excellent performances, the group has an excellent chemistry

- Some good Scenes

- Special Effects ARE PERFECT

Cons

- Joss Whedon done some good scenes, but the bad ones are that I most remenber, because they are in more quantity.

- the dialogues are cheesy

- the script has many flaws

- The soundtrack is terrible,

- The heroes are invincible and too much incredible, taking the tension of the scenes of action and emotion.

It was the second time I watched and this movie definitely lost much of its shine.

There are many others examples of best superhero movies.

B

Edited by Goffe Rises
  • Like 1

megaplex7AVENGERS 3D 9pmsold out( to be clear though there's only 2 showing in 3D at 6/9pm and one in 2D at 8pm during the weeknights)TRAILERS:rock of ages: not much reaction ,people were still walking in ,room was still half empty, i did a double take as i recognize tom cruiseprometheus: silence not sure they knew what it was about, me on the other hand super-excited it looked awesome on the big screen will be there on OW for sure!the dictator : got best crowd reaction people were laughing a lotlincoln vampire hunter: no reaction, this is when you notice there's you movie fan who is on BOT all the time and general public who don't follow films from conception to opening dayTHE AVENGERSTHIS IS ME AND THE CROWD DURING THE WHOLE FILM :rofl::popcorn::rofl::popcorn:THIS FILM WAS INSANELY FUNNY, the lines were like arrows that hit the target everytime , everyone erupted in laughtersits a good thing i didnt read spoilers about a certain epic scene, but i might have been careful with the popcorn in my mouth that went flying when:LOKI and HULK OMG LMAO i'm sure i'm not the only one who wanted them to rewind that scene, you couldnt hear a thing for the next 30 seconds people were in stitches...THOR AND HULK version of an high-five :pounce: LOL!!! i kinda wish thor had more lines but i don't mind him just standing there doing his thing SEXYYYYYYYY HUNK! plus i like that they included a scene with him checking if jane is alright nice nod to his filmi really appreciate the nods to everyone's background and film, i think someone said this movie didnt have any heart but i disagree! you'd think by now i'd have settled in with iron man character but nope its still love at first sight he's such a show-off yet it never turns me off, he was on a roll in all his interactions with other superheroes IRON MAN and CAPTAIN AMERICA helloooo testosterones, get these guys a room or a WWF cage or something and can i be there to watch or participate in whatever ensues everytime captain america gave orders that was hot, so decisive ,a born leader of men, so bossy me likey! usually that could rub people the wrong way but heck the guy exudes confidence and a take charge attitude at assesing a situation,def someone to have on a teamBLACK WIDOW that chick is a mean badass and devious with it, she might not have superhero powers but her other skills make up for it no problem, hawkeye sure knows how to wield an arrow but i admit i wasnt sure about him because i didnt expect him to be abducted by loki so early in the film , it had me worrying if he was on the right team, who is that chick assistant to nick fury is she a known marvel character?(i don't read comics)hulk someone please give mark ruffalo a hulk film to do or at very least as it is implied i'd love to see him as a sidekick in a future IRON MAN filmps the film went by so fast i have a hard time believing it was over 2hrs, the pace was just perfection , and i'll add i don't remember when last i saw NEW YORK got trashed like that !ps2: now see iron man and his gadgets is such a fun character he's got a deadly heart situation yet he's the life of the party batman and his gadgets is such a somber character meh everything is so serious so ominous(don't get me wrong i do like batman but i would never equate him with the word fun, tony stark on the other hand what a guy !)ahhh man i feel like watching THOR , IRON MAN AND CAPTAIN AMERICA films again until i can see this again which probably won't be until next week shoot...

• Like 2

Waverly Palace Theater11:30 PM showingAvengers 3DTrailersThe Hobbit-best reaction a few clapsAmazing Spider Man decent reaction chatter (the old trailerFrankenweenie some chatteroverall I liked it it could been better but Avengers is better than most blockbusters6.5/10