Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Trailers I've seen for upcoming films in the cinema

Frozen [about 9 times- turbo, cloudy 2, free birds, saving mr banks, maybe catching fire and more]- Great trailer and can't wait to see this. 9.5/10

Homefront [once at Catching Fire]- really confused what it's about. 5/10

Nebraska [saw at Philomena and Butler in November]- not getting great reactions but I think its quite good. 7.5/10

Hobbit 2 [gravity, catching fire, thor 2 and a couple more]- made me interested in it. 8/10

Anchorman 2 [catching fire, thor 2 and maybe once more] -looked amazing but it's a bloody 15. 9/10

The Harry Hill Movie [cloudy 2 and free birds]- love this trailer and I love harry hill. 9/10

Moshi Monsters [cloudy 2 and free birds]- horrible trailer for what looks like a disaster of a film. 2/10

Walking With Dinosaurs [free birds, cloudy 2, catching fire, turbo and about 3/4 more others]- Really looking forward to this and looks to be a nice film for Christmas- 8.5/10

47 Ronin [catching fire and another film]- I want to see this and the trailers look Ok. 6/10

All Is Lost [The Butler in November]- Not Sure, looks boring. 5/10

The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty [saving mr Banks]- Horrible trailer that I nearly fell asleep in. Is this is a silent film?1.5/10

Last Vegas [About time, prisoners, captain Philips, saving mr banks and a few more times]- Really funny, especially when Morgan Freeman steps out the window. 8.5/10

Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom [Philomena]- It was about a 20 second trailer of a voice over with people walking in a field but I still want to see it. 4/10

August: Osage County [saving Mr Banks, the butler in August and one more time]- Really funny and I really want to see this. 8.8/10

The Wolf Of Wall Street [the butler in August]- don't really remember it now. 5/10

Mr Peabody And Sherman [free birds]- Really funny and looks like a good animation. 8.5/10

Captain America: The Winter Soldier [thor 2]- Way better in the cinema than on the computer. 8/10

Tarzan 3D [free birds]- WTF is this. I was so confused. 3/10

Maleficent [saving mr banks- It was about a 10 second teaser but I am so excited for it. 9.8/10

The Boxtrolls [Despicable Me 2 I believe]- Good trailer and I like all of Laika's other films. 8.8/10

Edited by HairsprayFilmsCatchingFire
  • Like 1

Just came back from Frozen.Trailers:Maleficent looked great and there were some murmurs.Walking With Dinosaurs looks great and I heard many boys talk about it.Nut Job looks terrible, yet still received laughsBoxtrolls, looks interesting, some murmurs.Anyway, you can read my review in the Frozen review thread.The place was packed, and everyone seemed to fall in love with the movie.

I really want the nut job to get a release date here. Maleficent ill get to in a minute on my previous post. People started clapping for WWD when the trailer was shown with THG:CF, could not tell if it was sarcastic or not. Really want to see The Boxtrolls. Seeing Frozen next Saturday [second day here]

• Like 1

Frozen

November 30, 7:00 PM, 60% full

Portage 16 IMAX, Portage, IN

Trailers

Maleficent - no reaction

The Nut Job - laughs from kids

Walking with Dinosaurs - no reaction

Muppets Most Wanted - laughs from parents

Movie was fantastic. Kids were laughing a lot at the slapstick, adults were laughing at the clever writing. Everybody loved Olaf. Great time

Frozen

9 PM Showing, 2D

Audience Size - Completely packed, probably sold out

Trailers

The LEGO Movie - It got a lot of laughs, people seemed fairly interested, but then again everyone was still filing in last minute

Maleficent - It got some whispers and some whines from young kids

The Muppets Most Wanted - It got some decent parent reactions

The Nut Job - No real reactions except from some laughing kids and parents groaning

Film Reaction - Lots of healthy laughter at Olaf, and it got an applause that lasted a good 10 seconds from the majority of the theater, the crowd loved it, and for good reason it was a great film.

• Like 1

Catching Fire

Sunday, 5:30 PM

IMAX

Sold Out

Trailers

The Hobbit 2 - N/R, lol

Film

Holds up really well the second time around. It has such an epic feel to it, IMAX brings that out even more, it is definitely a big improvement from the first. Jena Malone is a stand out (and JLaw obviously but that's been said), I hope she is featured more in the next films. Audience enjoyed. Non-readers definitely get ticked about the cliffhanger ending but that should keep them wanting more.

• Like 3

My first IMAX film EVER! (Note that coral reef film I saw in 3rd grade does not count ;))

Catching Fire IMAX

3PMAbout 30% full

Trailers:

Maleficent: Looks pretty good, some talking.

Divergent: Um okay....nothing.

I, Frankenstein: "Hey its Two Face and Davy Jones" Yep the only comments :lol:

Robocop: Oddly the old trailer. Nothing.

Hobbit 2 (new trailer): Quite a bit of talking, made up for any badness of the other trailers.

Movie: Pretty good, better then the first. Was more open ended as well. Lawrence is a cutie. The score was decent, and a couple comical scenes (the scene on the elevator-classic!)

B+

• Like 3

Film: Oldboy

Time: 13:30

Crowd: 20 people

Cinema: London, Ontario

Trailers:

Need for Speed

Inside Llewyn Davis

American Hustle

The Film:

Not good at all. A completely misguided attempt at remaking a fantastic Korean film which is far too twisted to be remade for mainstream American audiences. Almost everything in the film that they attempt to copy or build upon or even change completely, pales in comparison to the original. The infamous hammer scene comes off as cartoonish and is supported by an awful melodramatic soundtrack that ruins any sort of mood the film attempts to create. The new twist has no emotional impact what so ever if you have any knowledge of how the original ends and Brolin's character has almost nothing in the way of redeeming features.

Wouldn't recommend at all.

FROZENCinema: vue harrow, UKDate: 7th DecemberTime: 10:45amCrowd report: 15-20 peopleTrailers:The Muppets Most Wanted- Looks really good. Laughter from the crowd

Moshi Monsters- This looks horrible and awful every time I see it. No reaction

The Harry Hill Movie- I Can't wait for this but most of the parents reactions were not good

The Lego Movie- The visuals looked really poor but I don't know if that was to do with something else but it looks OK. No reaction

Mr Peabody And Sherman- Good interesting trailer but no reaction from the crowd

Walking With Dinosaurs- I loved this trailer and great reaction from the crowd

Maleficent- A ten second teaser again though I still loved it

and if it wasn't enough the first time, a two minute Moshi Monsters advert advertising that tickets were on sell now and showing more parts of the movie [which were probably worse]

Then it was for me a below average short film and I just wanted the film to start. We had sat through 50 minutes of adverts, trailer and short films.

The film was amazing, magical and i'd never thought i'd say this but at the moment, Walt Disney animation is better than Pixar. A+

How can you say the Lego visuals look poor! They look incredible!

It might have been the 3d glasses (that everyone had to go out and get because they forgot to give them to us) and the trailer seemed to be quite small on the screen

Frozen

December 7, 6:15 AM, 85% full

Cinemark, Valparaiso, IN

Trailers

Rio 2 - turn off your cell phone ad; got a laugh

The LEGO Movie - lots of laughs throughout the trailer

The Nut Job - some laughs

Walking with Dinosaurs - no reaction

The Boxtrolls - silence after the trailer; really intriguing stuff

Muppets Most Wanted - some laughs

Maleficent  - no reaction

Movie was better the second time. Crowd was a bit rowdy, a few kids were talking a bit and there was one guy who laughed at everything. However, it was a much better crowd than the first time and everyone seemed to love it. Great pick-me-up

Saw Hobbit 2.  Enthusiastic crowd.  We really enjoyed the Nut Job trailer because it was an obvious play off of The Hobbit and LOTR.  Hilarious.  Anyway, there were a couple of claps when Legolas made an appearance and for some of his swordplay. 

Everybody groaned at the ending (cliffhanger).

Saw Hobbit 2.  Enthusiastic crowd.  We really enjoyed the Nut Job trailer because it was an obvious play off of The Hobbit and LOTR.  Hilarious.  Anyway, there were a couple of claps when Legolas made an appearance and for some of his swordplay. 

Everybody groaned at the ending (cliffhanger).

I don't really get people's frustration with endings like that. They should be used to them by now.