TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

3 hour stats: 

9.8M views on TT 

396k likes 

5.1M views on YT (still lagging) 

800k likes 

I will stop updating every hour now because it's slowing down as always. But seems like it could end with +20M views (550-600k likes) on TT. YouTube is hard to say since views are broken, but likes should pass 2M in 48 hours or so.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

Okay I guess I'm gonna do this because I fucking hate myself - I heard on very good authority from a source I trust in Hollywood that they are having some real issues with this behind the scenes and are still trying to figure the movie out in the editing room. That doesn't mean it ends up bad - that's why they're fixing it, after all. But as of three weeks ago, this had some serious issues. I know this will be dismissed out of hand because I don't love the MCU, but I've never made up anything for a Marvel movie before and I liked Ragnarok more than most of the MCU's output as well. 

• Like 3
  • Astonished 5
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Okay I guess I'm gonna do this because I fucking hate myself - I heard on very good authority from a source I trust in Hollywood that they are having some real issues with this behind the scenes and are still trying to figure the movie out in the editing room. That doesn't mean it ends up bad - that's why they're fixing it, after all. But as of three weeks ago, this had some serious issues. I know this will be dismissed out of hand because I don't love the MCU, but I've never made up anything for a Marvel movie before and I liked Ragnarok more than most of the MCU's output as well. 

I'm not saying you're wrong, but one of them is lying 

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I feel like this is a fairly common thing with Marvel movies, but they almost always still turn out fine from a critical and audience standpoint. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

I am not lying and my source certainly heard this, but neither of us has seen the movie. My friend heard it from their friend (both of them are in the industry). It seems like everyone is getting second-hand info, good and bad.

• Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Could be another Deadpool 2 where one of the cuts for the comedy heavy film tested really poorly. 

Delete this before Reddit finds it.

• Like 1

Just now, AJG said:

Could be another Deadpool 2 where one of the cuts for the comedy heavy film tested really poorly. 

Delete this before Reddit finds it.

For what it's worth, I heard (aka my friend heard) the comedy not landing was the main issue with the movie.

I very much plan to delete this all in about three minutes, tbh.

• Thanks 1

Good teaser, very funny and the visuals are awesome. But it doesn't show much and I am OK with that. Ragnarok teaser was much better though but that was one of the best teasers of all time and its difficult to beat the Immigrant song. 

• Like 2

Odds on Love and Thunder >> $1 Billion ?? 

Previous Thor films
Thor (2011) - $181 million domestic + $268.3 Int'l = $449.3 m 
Thor The Dark World (2013) - $206.4 m domestic + $438.4 m = $644.8 m
Thor Ragnarok (2017) - $315.1 m domestic + $538.9 m = $854.0 m 

1 minute ago, Deuce66 said:

Odds on Love and Thunder >> $1 Billion ?? 

Previous Thor films
Thor (2011) - $181 million domestic + $268.3 Int'l = $449.3 m 
Thor The Dark World (2013) - $206.4 m domestic + $438.4 m = $644.8 m
Thor Ragnarok (2017) - $315.1 m domestic + $538.9 m = $854.0 m 

With no China and Russia. I see this not hitting a billion imo, has a good chance hitting that sweet 900 spot.

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

They're not lying. Nobody's lying. Everybody has their own sources and insights and are just relaying what they're told. Especially because cuts change and modify every other day. What Clay is saying is just as legit as this guy over here.

And of course, as per usual, test screenings are just that, and while what Clay and others here say is super interesting (you don't have to delete this stuff, don't worry), it's always important to take this with the understanding this stuff isn't set in stone.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

They're not lying. Nobody's lying. Everybody has their own sources and insights and are just relaying what they're told. Especially because cuts change and modify every other day. What Clay is saying is just as legit as this guy over here.

And of course, as per usual, test screenings are just that, and while what Clay and others here say is super interesting (you don't have to delete this stuff, don't worry), it's always important to take this with the understanding this stuff isn't set in stone.

Yeah i know all that. 

I just find weird since the timing is super similar and the reactions was so radically different, so my first though was "one must be wrong", i didn't dare to said which one because i wasn't there to know. 

But yeah i remember sometimes they test different cuts to decide which one is better, so maybe that's why there's 2 reports so different during the same time.

Edited by ThomasNicole