TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

The Ant-Man movies are among my fave but they haven't exactly caught on with the public to the degree the other MCU have. Shang-Chi is frankly beloved and a sequel will surely increase since the first was released during a peak COVID period. Sequel will have emphasis on larger action and (probably) more MCU easter eggs and characters

6 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

It's all gossip of course, but there were very frequent reports of Taika popping up in Australian bars and being an absolute mess during filming. Apparently staff dreaded him entering and this was always on work nights. This also marries up with the rumours that he's flat-out not welcome in New Zealand anymore and the disaster that was the Met Gala which he's now apparently banned from. 

Again, it's all gossip, but it's all coming from different sources and saying the same thing.

This is wild stuff, I haven't heard any of this!  Look folks, if anything's happened with the movie at all (and look at how far off everyone's gone on making assumptions purely on the basis of a Clay-style conversation-starter!) -- I think the same thing happened here that happens all the time.  RAGNAROK was received extremely well all around, and the usual pattern ensues: Director's franchise entry received like gangbusters -- Returning Director is given carte blanche for his second film, at which point their "creative vision" allows things to go slightly off the rails.  There are so many examples it's not worth counting, particularly in this genre of films!  Quite obvious, Feige left Waititi alone for the production, then they realized they had a Super-Taika wild-toned humorous mess in the editing room.  Then they were probably debating pushing everything back because of Black Panther II's problems... 

2 hours ago, Cap said:

The movie doesn’t come out for another like eight months. You have plenty of time to shitpost later

Heh heh.  Try less than three.  

Edited by Macleod

25 minutes ago, Macleod said:

This is wild stuff, I haven't heard any of this!

Nobody did. This is probably blinds info, pure tabloids about shocking news that somehow didn't make the usual media, 90% are fake. 

It's very easy to make up things like this when we know Taika / Rita / Tessa was having menages and drinking together. Someone see this and expand the story to "oh he was a mess drinking all the time etc". 

With so many people following closely everything related to MCU i'm sure if such a messy situation happened during months of shooting, everyone would know it, like we know about BP2.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Heh heh.  Try less than three.  

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Time is circular and has no meaning. The movie will come out when it comes out. 🤪

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MultiverseXXR said:

Only because they’ll never put a film out in June. That’s a month for the weaker films of summer…..

Thats not entirely true though. 2018 for example had a very strong and good movie. 

The Incredibles 2

Can’t think of any other good and strong June movie that year

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

52 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thats not entirely true though. 2018 for example had a very strong and good movie. 

Hide contents

The Incredibles 2

Hide contents
Can’t think of any other good and strong June movie that year

Nope. Hereditary.

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

21.1M views on Twitter 

Iirc, before NWH the biggest trailer ever on twitter was The Batman with 26M. I think Thor will beat that 

Very huge trailer

EG was certainly higher than that and I believe TLK was as well but need to check.

Edit: EG trailer 2 was exactly 26.2 million, cannot find trailer 1 for some reason. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

EG was certainly higher than that and I believe TLK was as well but need to check.

EG 46M 

TLK 38M 

Idk why i remember so vivid reports of Batman being the biggest one lol 

But yeah Thor won't get close, probably will finish with near 30M

3 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

10 hours (now that the huge start from pent-up demand has normalized a bit)

Youtube:

13.6M views, 1.08M likes 

Instagram (Marvel Studios and Marvel) 

16.4M Views,  4.05M likes

Twitter

19.3M Views, 591K Likes

Facebook:

12M Views, 517K likes

24 hrs probably slightly behind DS2 on YT and way ahead on other platforms. 

Btw @Thanos Legion flop is in sight, probably not hitting 2M likes. 

Reveal hidden contents

2nd trailers are usually always deflated compared to the teaser. I for one do not think Thor 4 has the same "Hype" as DS2

3 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

10 hours (now that the huge start from pent-up demand has normalized a bit)

Youtube:

13.6M views, 1.08M likes 

Instagram (Marvel Studios and Marvel) 

16.4M Views,  4.05M likes

Twitter

19.3M Views, 591K Likes

Facebook:

12M Views, 517K likes

24 hrs probably slightly behind DS2 on YT and way ahead on other platforms. 

Btw @Thanos Legion flop is in sight, probably not hitting 2M likes. 

Reveal hidden contents

2nd trailers are usually always deflated compared to the teaser. I for one do not think Thor 4 has the same "Hype" as DS2 imo

19 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

Looks like everyone is watching it twitter and not so much on youtube.

I wouldn't say that, YT is at 16M, should finish first day with 22-24M, is very big and the biggest for MCU in years along with DS2.

I think the problem with YT is that views are spread in too many channels too, in a quick search i found another 8M views for the trailer in different channels.

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I wouldn't say that, YT is at 16M, should finish first day with 22-24M, is very big and the biggest for MCU in years along with DS2.

I think the problem with YT is that views are spread in too many channels too, in a quick search i found another 8M views for the trailer in different channels.

That's with every superhero movie trailer release tbf

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

2nd trailers are usually always deflated compared to the teaser. I for one do not think Thor 4 has the same "Hype" as DS2 imo

DS2 trailer 1 showing this little would be doing similar numbers. Part of the reason trailer 2 popped off was because it showed a lot.