TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

47 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

If L&T is somehow worse than MoM that will be the worst mcu movie record being set twice back to back, an irrecoverable blow.

Luckily I think that is ~impossible.

Iron man 3 followed by The Dark World?

Incredible Hulk followed by Iron Man 2?

• Like 2

One reaction liking it less than DS2 is just variation but the overall tone has been significantly more positive. The early bad sign for DS2 was when even the first reactions out of the premiere were kinda mixed. Almost all I have checked who reacted to both had a better reaction to Thor. 

Edited by Menor Reborn

10 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

I learned not to listen to early twitter reactions when they declared BvS the greatest superhero movie ever.

No one said that, most of the tweets actually were very mixed.  I remember at the time I was thinking ~50% on RT based on the tweets. Obviously it went much lower with real reviews though. 

Edited by Rebeccas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

Iron man 3 followed by The Dark World?

Incredible Hulk followed by Iron Man 2?

Not sure about IM2 vs hulk, definitely wouldn’t say IM3 was worst in mcu.  

Technically it did happen before with IM1 into Hulk :jeb!:

26 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Did this really happen?

Can you find a tweet of this?

Not exactly this way, but early tweets definitely doesn't seems like 25% and while they're a bit mixed, there was a few really going over the top on praises.

But we know since then Warner call for specific people including huge fans and give everyone a expensive dinner etc as part of the screening to boost the early reactions a bit.

They even eat caviar that day, i would give it a fresh 6/10 happily.

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Reactions today very in line with the premiere reactions 

Very very good, still doubt it will match Ragnarok reviews but still very promising and should be close.

RT maybe cause they've let anyone be an RT approved critic these days. Like there's so many more critics on it now than there were even in 2017. Metacritic will for sure be lower than Ragnarok's 74 cause those critics are generally tired of Marvel anyways lmao

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

RT maybe cause they've let anyone be an RT approved critic these days. Like there's so many more critics on it now than there were even in 2017. Metacritic will for sure be lower than Ragnarok's 74 cause those critics are generally tired of Marvel anyways lmao

Definitely, metacritic i'm thinking 70.

But RT since it have so many people that work around these big franchises it can reach 90% or close to it.

It’s reassuring that the early reviews are saying that Bale’s Gorr is good. Usually the villain is the weak point of these movies. Pity about the screen time for Gorr though, but then again it’s understandable with the relatively short runtime. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Has anyone else noticed that all the Phase 4 Marvel movies that have been released so far each have different Cinemascore ratings? 

I mean I think that just reflects the unevenness of it all. It used to be MCU movies would basically default to A's. 

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Has anyone else noticed that all the Phase 4 Marvel movies that have been released so far each have different Cinemascore ratings? 

I joked about it a little in the DS2 ow thread