TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Idk, I can see why people thought a movie about the persecution of Jews containing a sympathetic, "good" Nazi and ending with a feel-good dance was bad.

Are you claiming that it's inherently bad to make a sympathetic character that adheres to a morally abhorrent ideology? That sounds ridiculous. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Are you claiming that it's inherently bad to make a sympathetic character that adheres to a morally abhorrent ideology? That sounds ridiculous. 

I mean if the character adheres to the genocide of a race, yeah I think that's bad. And even if he was a "good German", I still think it's not exactly the best thing to include that in a film marketed as a "anti-hate satire" that is relevant to modern society. Essentially can be taken as, one of these guys trying to end your whole race can actually be a good guy.

You don't have to agree with it and I'm not trying to change you mind. Just telling you why some people thought it was bad. 

Edited by lorddemaxus

13 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yes, i think it´s funny too, your point again?

To hate the movie, to be clear, not to think it´s bad, because once again that´s not what i said.

What do you mean by hate? Roxana just said Waititi's upcoming movie is as bad as his previous one. She's not making daily threads about how she hates the movie, if thats what you mean by hate. I don't think anyone is. 

Edited by lorddemaxus

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I mean if the character adheres to the genocide of a race, yeah I think that's bad. And even if he was a "good German", I still think it's not exactly the best thing to include that in a film marketed as a "anti-hate satire" that is relevant to modern society. Essentially can be taken as, one of these guys trying to end your whole race can actually be a good guy.

We are talking about a kid who was indoctrinated since he was very young. I guess it is true, movies should never show such awful things such as this kid unlearning that ideology. What kind of horrific message would such a disgustingly bigoted arc send to society?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

What do you mean by hate? Roxana just said Waititi's upcoming movie is as bad as his previous one. She's not making daily threads about how she hates the movie, if thats what you mean by hate. I don't think anyone is. 

I really don´t know what you´re trying to prove here, but since i´m already here doing nothing, let me wrote it again.

I´m not a US citizen, she said she loathed the movie, in my traduction skills this means ´´i absolutely hate this, it´s despicable, insufferable´´ or whatever like that. I didn´t said people can´t dislike things, i just said with no bad intent that i find it funny that such a harmless movie in my opinion can generate this super strong negative feeling, there´s no big meaning.

But you came from nowhere saying people can dislike things (no shit?), with ironic quotes and questioning the meaning of my words that doesn´t even matter. 

Hope it´s clear, if not well that´s a shame, good night. 

2 minutes ago, Eric the Minion said:

I swear I've seen some of the same tweets on like three separate posts lmao

Indeed, i think it´s very easy to get lost a bit in a hundred of similar tweets, there´s really too many reactions this time around.

Hopefully will bring some bump on presales.

11 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I really don´t know what you´re trying to prove here, but since i´m already here doing nothing, let me wrote it again.

I´m not a US citizen, she said she loathed the movie, in my traduction skills this means ´´i absolutely hate this, it´s despicable, insufferable´´ or whatever like that. I didn´t said people can´t dislike things, i just said with no bad intent that i find it funny that such a harmless movie in my opinion can generate this super strong negative feeling, there´s no big meaning.

But you came from nowhere saying people can dislike things (no shit?), with ironic quotes and questioning the meaning of my words that doesn´t even matter. 

Hope it´s clear, if not well that´s a shame, good night.

Some one can loath or find something insufferable and it has nothing much to do whether the movie is harmless.

Of course some wording can be highly offensive like cursing and using words like garbage ,trash etc...

All I'm getting from the words she said is that she simply really didn't like the film and couldn't stand it and found it awful .

Lots of poeple can be turned off by different things in a film and it varies from viewer to viewer.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Idk, I can see why people thought a movie about the persecution of Jews containing a sympathetic, "good" Nazi and ending with a feel-good dance was bad.

And Mel Brooks was a fan of the movie. Appropriate since JR felt like Mel in his heyday trying to make his version of Oscar Bait. 

Anyway this is the Thor 4 thread so let’s stick to topic.

6 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I was talking about the movies reception, i think they're all pretty meh there, humor didn't click.

The best one was Ragnarok but irrc still not top tier MCU there like in US for example.

Ragnarok is actually one of the highest rated SH movie in Korea. But is middle of the pack of MCU movies when it comes to box office. Even stranger is that GoTG2 is even higher rated than Ragnarok over there (it actually is the joint highest rated SH movie last I checked on CGV) but when it comes to box office it is one of the lowest grossing movie for MCU in SK. It's the same for GoTG1, highly rated but abysmal box office. GoTG movies had low BO across Asia relative to MCU expectations because the humor didnt translate well. 

• Like 1