eddyxx

The Fantastic Four - First Steps | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

What "everything else"? The name of the director and writers?

Correct. Sounds like a shitty Marvel TV show with more same vibes characters that blend in with 1000 other MCU characters. I like the Fantastic Four as a property btw but when you have 100 other superheroes with similar powers and conflicts they are nothing but a different branding, not a different vibe. I'd love to be proven wrong but no reason to have faith. 

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Correct. Sounds like a shitty Marvel TV show with more same vibes characters that blend in with 1000 other MCU characters. I like the Fantastic Four as a property btw but when you have 100 other superheroes with similar powers and conflicts they are nothing but a different branding, not a different vibe. I'd love to be proven wrong but no reason to have faith. 

So to be clear this impression is based on...nothing? Like literally nothing? It feels like a TV show despite literally zero information being released about it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Same handful of names being rotated around for the last few months now. getting boring. throw someone new in the mix to keep us on our toes. Bill Camp for The Thing maybe. Payakan to play Johnny Storm.

Payakan should be Mr. Fantastic 🙄

Just now, robertman2 said:

Payakan should be Mr. Fantastic 🙄

Hm, he's a little young for that imo. The Meg would be more suited to play Mr Fantastic. I know he's said negative things about Marvel in the past but his new movie looking like a flop, he'll be more willing to play the comic book movie game.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Hm, he's a little young for that imo. The Meg would be more suited to play Mr Fantastic. I know he's said negative things about Marvel in the past but his new movie looking like a flop, he'll be more willing to play the comic book movie game.

The Meg is Jewish, he should be the Thing

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

...you think literally anyone could buy Statham as an American scientist?

14 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

Can Kirby do a passable American accent? I'm not sure I can take another British actor doing whatever the hell Cumberbatch is doing with his voice in the Dr. Strange movies.

I was going to say that they could simply make the character British like what they did with Professor X, but then I suppose that would mean Johnny would have to be British too. 

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I was going to say that they could simply make the character British like what they did with Professor X, but then I suppose that would mean Johnny would have to be British too. 

A British take on Johnny could actually be pretty fun.

The thing with all of these rumors though is that the strike is the perfect excuse for all of these scoopers to make up whatever they want because they know Marvel can't actually sign anyone new to this cast until the strike is over. Especially at a time when actual big castings for blockbuster films can't happen, they have a lot of incentive to throw random names out for clicks and then just say they fell through once the strike ends and actors actually do get cast for this film.

• Like 3