sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

Just now, Bagatelle31 said:

There's $70M coming from Japan, $50M at least domestically, 11 countries yet to come including Germany and still a reasonable amount overseas, you can doubt about $1,1B but certainly not $1B.

$70M more from Japan, really?

Didn't know it had that many countries left, yeah will probably get there, don't agree that it will be 440M domestic at a minimum.

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Didn't know it had that many countries left, yeah will probably get there, don't agree that it will be 440M domestic at a minimum.

Probably 430m minimum. 1B is lock

Just now, Avatree said:

With $395M after a $10M weekend and labor day in a month $440M easily yes, Charlie is expecting $455M domestically I think. In Japan it was at $36M last Sunday, $50M this Sunday and is expected to finish with at least $110M.

2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

With getting older, you get more critical.
I thing viewers grew with Tarantino, I don't think, that he could win over new generations like he was able to in the 90s. Generations move on. 

The 18-24 number were apparently giants (23%):

Updated exits: a 58% definite recommend, still 59% guy heavy, with 56% of the crowd being 18-34. The biggest demo was 25-34 at 33%. Diversity range was Caucasians at 67%, 14% Asian/Other, 11% Hispanic, and 8% African American.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-quentin-tarantino-box-office-lion-king-weekend-1202654606/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

i'm fully aware of why Disney is doing it, doesn't mean I have to like it.

No . I'm not saying anything about liking. My point was why they are so reluctant to make Original movies as you said you would have liked to make them. 

Edited by Nero

3 minutes ago, Bagatelle31 said:

With $395M after a $10M weekend and labor day in a month $440M easily yes, Charlie is expecting $455M domestically I think. In Japan it was at $36M last Sunday, $50M this Sunday and is expected to finish with at least $110M.

thanks. Tbh i havent been following box office did not realise it was doing so well.

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

No . I'm not saying anything about liking. My point was why they are so reluctant to make Original movies as you said you would have liked to make them. 

Bcs lots of times they did a new to the cinema world project they got a really big bomb? A few of the worst financial bombs (high budget, low BO) are Disney movies

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Still need to see toy story 4 actually. part of me says unnecessary sequel I didn't want, other part of me says I promised my parents i'll go with them.

It’s a great movie, and necessary... personally is my 2nd favorite of the franchise.

20 minutes ago, Bagatelle31 said:

There's $70M minimum coming from Japan following projections it will be at $50M by Sunday, $50M at least domestically, 11 countries yet to come including Germany and still a reasonable amount overseas, you can doubt about $1,1B but certainly not about $1B. In 2 weeks it's done at worst.

Dom should be big enough for 440M, so OS would need 560M, it's at 484.7M after a 26.45M OS Wend, so it should be able to add that around 3x on top which would be 79M more putting (mainly because Japan, because it was at 39M and should reach around 90 which would be 50M all by it self) and it would be at 563.7M so hit 1B.

The countries still to come are:

Estonia

Slovakia

Lithuania

Poland

Germany

Denmark

Sweden

Finland

Norway

Madagascar

Togo 

Tunisia

Now in the italics one its most likely not going to top 1M and in Norway, Finland, Denmark and Sweden TS3

did around 17M together. In Poland it did around 3.9M (actually below both Denmark and Sweden and barely above Norway). And in Germany it did 17M. So they combine for roughly 38M. I guess TS4 should be able to add 30 from these (remember ER were better in 2010 and higher 3D share). So that should comfortable put it above 1B.

I know I probably am too low on both Japan and the remaining run of the OS markets it already opened in, but did it just to point out that it should reach 1B without problems.

Also Germany is bloody early, in August, normal release date is beginning of October (fall holidays) in mid of August the new school year starts in some parts of Germany and then step by step the rest joins until in beginning of September (9th or so) the last parts have school again.

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Sure of course I do. I can say all sorts of ridiculous things I don't believe but for what reason? To get a reaction out of someone? Nah I'm good

So are you saying it's OK to say you hate flops, but not OK to say you hate hits?

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Tomorrowland is great.  The Lone Ranger is great.  John Carter is good.  Give me more of this Disney, please

Hell yeah just flush that money down the fucking toilet on movies people don't really like that much.