Eric S'ennui

Hobbs & Shaw Weekend Thread: 60.8M OW (6th-best August debut), 180.8M WW | TLK 38.2, OUATIH 20, FFH 7.7, TS4 7.1, Farewell 2.4

1 minute ago, a2k said:

some like TLK manage the distinction of being successful disappointments though. :lol:

I still don't get how anyone would be disappointed with $1.5B+ for TLK. That's a HUGE number.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

To me, the flop of flops is EG. Opened with 100M over TFA, but couldn't beat it. Flop. Opened with 1.2 billie WW, but couldn't make 3 billie even with re-release, Puerto Rico, fudge, etc. Floppity Flop. ;)

@UserHN I made May the Force Be Furious: H&S Over Episode IX WW Club. needless to say, it's

a flop 

:ph34r:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Are we now saying goodbye to H&S $1 billion? Because I remember this is one of the non-Disney candidates to possibly hit the billie.

I was never saying hello to it, but yeah, not happening without shocking legs/China.

Solid Friday overall, all around. Although you can definitely see how screen / show losses effected the Friday % increases for older films. 

As for school.... my kiddos start Monday here in east Texas so crazy, but we also moved to a 4-day school week. 

We also got crawl this weekend at our local Cinemark, got rid of spidey for it 😂

• Like 1

1 Billion for Hobbs and Shaw was another idea from the crowd that cant be realistic about things. Assuming it would behave like FF9 instead of a spin off was the wrong start. Same with BoxOffice and their original 100m OW prediction several weeks back. 

Liking that TLK is sticking on Track to be closer to @baumer 400m than the 700m track. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Are we now saying goodbye to H&S $1 billion? Because I remember this is one of the non-Disney candidates to possibly hit the billie.

What?! Were people actually speculating that H&S had ANY possibility of reaching $1B WW?!! What in the troll hell are ppl smoking?!🤔😒

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, narniadis said:

1 Billion for Hobbs and Shaw was another idea from the crowd that cant be realistic about things. Assuming it would behave like FF9 instead of a spin off was the wrong start. Same with BoxOffice and their original 100m OW prediction several weeks back. 

Liking that TLK is sticking on Track to be closer to @baumer 400m than the 700m track. 

20180813191451-4.gif

A true fail. TLK is clearing 575-600M

Edited by Geo1500
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol, the DC film before this had an octopus playing drums, a Pitbull cover of Toto's Africa, piss jokes, and underwater battles with sharks with lasers and giant crabs but somehow Shazam was too campy.

Aquaman had the action and sexy leads and still had serious moments to make up for it. For many people Shazam was too "childish" thanks to the costume, focus on kids, nonstop humor  etc. I know people who have said as much

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

What’s with the weird Mendelson hate when Armond White or Grace Randolph exists?

Well, in defense, Mendelson is the only one with legit cred so his errors are worse imo, but the hate bit is too strong. Very BOT, but also rather meh 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

What’s with the weird Mendelson hate when Armond White or Grace Randolph exists?

Grace Randolph is great and I don't know why you have her on that list. She is great

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2

5 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

"Why would you hate on cat turds when there's so much dog vomit everywhere" 

They all suck when you step in it sunday morning... 

Exactly. Grace gets no credibility. DC fan boys love Mendelson and defend him despite his ridiculousness. Which I find amusing, I mean I don't get the whole DC vs MCU crapfest. I want all of them to be successful to push each other.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

They don’t “contribute” in Forbes as supposedly box office knowledgeable people.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Aquaman had the action and sexy leads and still had serious moments to make up for it. For many people Shazam was too "childish" thanks to the costume, focus on kids, nonstop humor  etc. I know people who have said as much

A focus on kids and non stop humor is too childish, hmmm. *Looks at the MCU Spiderman movies*

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Shazam had more gravitas than Aquaman...

33 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

God it all makes so much sense now :hahaha:

She is awesome. She can sit on my face anytime. As for the rest like Jeremy Jahns etc etc. Sorry guys. 

Edit: Aside from Jokes I find her as credible critic she goes deep into analysis and raises good points overall

Edited by Geo1500
  • Haha 1