Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Disney’s live-action remake scored a tremendous $14m (£9.9m) opening from its 590 sites, marking a huge $23,765 (£16,780) site average, with 30% of its gross coming from 3D screens and a further 8% ($1.1m/£800,000) coming from IMAX.

Also for Disney, Zootropolis made it a one-two at the top of the chart, dropping a respectable 52% for a $1.6m (£1.13m) fourth weekend.

The critically acclaimed animation now stands at $29.3m (£20.7m)

Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice posted a further big drop in its fourth weekend with $1.4m (£988,000).

Warner Bros’ epic battle now stands at $50m (£35.35m) and will still hope to catch Deadpool’s $53.3m (£37.62m) 

http://www.screendaily.com/news/the-jungle-book-dominates-uk-box-office/5102698.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS-HEADLINES&contentID=44435

• Like 2

Very nice for TJB, increase from estimate. It will easily dominate this upcoming week and weekend, I expect a drop under 40%, so it should be near £20m already by Sunday, on its way to £35m+ ($50m+) hopefully.

Big drop for Zoo, it should stabalise now and leg it to £25m, which would be around $35m in total.

Edited by Heretic

Just now, Heretic said:

Very nice for TJB, increase from estimate.

It will easily dominate this upcoming week and weekend, I expect a drop under 40%, so it should be near £20m already by Sunday, on its way to £35m+ hopefully.

This weekend is pretty dead in terms of competition so Jungle Book will continue to do well. Hard to believe that we're going to have 3 £30m+ films and it's not even the summer yet. 

The Huntsman had an ugly drop which isn't surprising.

Just now, Aristis said:

If it had 888k admissions for $14M that would be an enormous 15,77$ ticket price :o

Lol, I did exactly the same calculation as you but I didn't dare to say anything because, well... I am a newbie in this kind of stuff ^^'

I though the ticket price in the UK was around 6 pounds

19 minutes ago, Max said:

Lol, I did exactly the same calculation as you but I didn't dare to say anything because, well... I am a newbie in this kind of stuff ^^'

I though the ticket price in the UK was around 6 pounds

I ever thought Germany would have the highest prices in Europe

14 minutes ago, Wezzo said:

The admissions numbers are for DCM only, which I believe covers around 80% of the market. So total admissions were likely well over 1m, avg ticket more like £9.

Ah, thanks. Still a high number especially for a movie that is considered a family-movie.

Tickets in the UK are insanely expensive, especially in London, where they are almost unaffordable. A normal adult ticket for a 2D show is £12-13 at most places here, and at places like Vue Westfield, which is probably the most popular cinema in the country, adult tickets can be more than £15 ($22+). Don't even get me started on 3D and IMAX. It's daylight robbery.

But yeah, that's around 80% of admissions, so would be closer to 1.1m in total.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Heretic said:

Tickets in the UK are insanely expensive, especially in London, where they are almost unaffordable. A normal adult ticket for a 2D show is £12-13 at most places here, and at places like Vue Westfield, which is probably the most popular cinema in the country, adult tickets can be more than £15 ($22+). Don't even get me started on 3D and IMAX. It's daylight robbery.

But yeah, that's around 80% of admissions, so would be closer to 1.1m in total.

All hail the unlimited pass! Most I pay is £5.40 for IMAX 3D!

On 18/04/2016 at 8:38 PM, SchumacherFTW said:

All hail the unlimited pass! Most I pay is £5.40 for IMAX 3D!

All hail Meerkat Movies 2 for 1! Most I pay is £4 (2D), and it only costs £2 per year rather than £202.80 for Unlimited!

Edited by m3racer123

13 minutes ago, m3racer123 said:

All hail Meerkat Movies 2 for 1! Most I pay is £4 (2D), and it only costs £2 per year rather than £202.80 for Unlimited!

You know you can use Meerkate Movies in conjunction with unlimited card right?

Also how the fuck you get it for £2 when travel insurance is not eligible?

12 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

When you see the volume of films that I do, that doesn't work. Thus far this year I've been to 58 screenings. 

I'm on 61... lets race each other for the rest of the year? :lol:

Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

I may need to take you up on that. Looks like I'll be seeing The Jungle Book again tomorrow then :lol:

I was gonna watch JB today again but on IMAX, but decided to stay at home.

You'll probably slaughter me by the end of the year, the first 2 months of the year I was working in the cinema and that's where most of my viewings were. Only watched like 8 films this month so far.

Talking of TJB, it looks like its doing huge business for weekdays when everybody is at work/school. There is literally no competition this weekend, it should have a very nice drop.

I still haven't seen it. Too many deadlines right now.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

Speaking of this weekend's releases, did anyone see Bastille Day? I thought it was fun & thrilling, I was impressed by its timeliness, plus it has Idris Elba and Foreign Downey Jr so nothing to complain about.

Edited by Treetrunk Special