Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Did Deadpool have the same opening set up? Deadpool 2 has basically had 1.5 days as showings started at 6pm on Tuesday. 

Very good though, Deadpool opened to £13.7m, so I guess a similar number can be expected, although the royal wedding + FA cup final + good weather this weekend will probably have an impact. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Heretic said:

Did Deadpool have the same opening set up? Deadpool 2 has basically had 1.5 days as showings started at 6pm on Tuesday. 

Very good though, Deadpool opened to £13.7m, so I guess a similar number can be expected, although the royal wedding + FA cup final + good weather this weekend will probably have an impact. 

From what I recall, Deadpool had a full release on Wednesday. At least, I was working in the cinema on the day it came out and think I would have remembered if it didn't have day showings. Could be wrong

That being said its pretty irrelevant as not many people go to the cinema before 6pm on a week day.

Edited by Ranger Tree
  • Like 1

Box office is getting slaughtered today. Royal wedding, amazing weather and FA Cup final. My local cinemas are looking empty this afternoon, even for Deadpool 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Box office is getting slaughtered today. Royal wedding, amazing weather and FA Cup final. My local cinemas are looking empty this afternoon, even for Deadpool 

Yep, same here. I went to see Peter Rabbit this morning (finally) and literally had the screen to myself!

Also the employee was surprised anybody showed up, he was fully expecting nobody to show.

Should recover somewhat tomorrow, but with the good weather probably not by much

22 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I came here to say exactly that lol, ouch!

3 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

DP2 Fri on par with DP Fri , of cause its taking a hit on Sat, 1st 4days over lc7.5m

If it can do £10-11m for the six days then I think Fox will be pleased but below DP1 isn't great news

lc7.5M means about $10M OW, that would be a ~50% drop in dollars from DP 4-day opening. Understandable considering the royal wedding, weather, soccer,

etc...

Weird that South Korea gonna be easily beating out UK for #1 OS opening market for DP2 after being so close with IW.

Edited by Sam