Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Actually how is UK box office compared to pre-pandemic level? This country keep giving me a vibe that everything is over-performing here.

Mostly normal by the looks of things. In the last 9 months, we have had the number 3 and 4 biggest movies of all time with NTTD and NWH, and Top Gun 2 will be entering the top 25 soon, possibly even top 20. Batman and DS2 both topped £40m too. So seems like the appetite for cinema is as it was pre-pandemic.

Edited by Heretic

26 minutes ago, Avatree said:

it's a shame jurassic world will be taking top gun's IMAX screens away from it

Its also a shame Lightyear will do the same to JW.

And so on. I think the whole system that a movie gets ALL its PLF screens removed is pretty stupid. Theaters should imo be deciding themselves which movie gets the screens and how many for each film.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

And so on. I think the whole system that a movie gets ALL its PLF screens removed is pretty stupid. Theaters should imo be deciding themselves which movie gets the screens and how many for each film.

Lightyear is only taking 10am shows in IMAX on Saturday and Sunday, the rest of the day will belong to Rexy

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

not sure about everywhere but my local IMAX stopped being restricted to "1 movie at a time" quite a while ago. quite common here for the imax to show different films at different times (e.g. could have jurassic world at 10am, topgun at 1pm, Jurassic at 4pm, top gun at 7pm, etc)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Lightyear is only taking 10am shows in IMAX on Saturday and Sunday, the rest of the day will belong to Rexy

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

not sure about everywhere but my local IMAX stopped being restricted to "1 movie at a time" quite a while ago. quite common here for the imax to show different films at different times (e.g. could have jurassic world at 10am, topgun at 1pm, Jurassic at 4pm, top gun at 7pm, etc)

Oh ok yeah i was thinking that its the same in most countrys how it is in the US, but i guess in the UK the situation is better with these PLF formats then.

27 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Oh ok yeah i was thinking that its the same in most countrys how it is in the US, but i guess in the UK the situation is better with these PLF formats then.

I’m sure I read that Lightyear is sharing with Jurassic World in the US too? I might be wrong. 

34 minutes ago, Avatree said:

That sounds good

30 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Germany seems too be like the US in that situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

Had a look at Jurassic World Dominion.

For Friday: 

18.30 3D will sell out (people still use this? lol)

7pm will sell out

7.30 will sell out

8pm will sell out

At my bigger local, the VIP and 4DX showings are all basically gone Friday evening and for Saturday daytime. 

Saturday looks busier at both, because obviously this franchise still appeals to families. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Had a look at Jurassic World Dominion.

For Friday: 

18.30 3D will sell out (people still use this? lol)

7pm will sell out

7.30 will sell out

8pm will sell out

At my bigger local, the VIP and 4DX showings are all basically gone Friday evening and for Saturday daytime. 

Saturday looks busier at both, because obviously this franchise still appeals to families. 

Just checked my local Cineworld and the only sell out is the 8:30 4DX, everything else has plenty of seats left, even the 7:30 IMAX still has decent availability, although no doubt that will change with walk ups. Thinking this opens below Top Gun based on what I’m seeing right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Just checked my local Cineworld and the only sell out is the 8:30 4DX, everything else has plenty of seats left, even the 7:30 IMAX still has decent availability, although no doubt that will change with walk ups. Thinking this opens below Top Gun based on what I’m seeing right now.

Cineworld forcing 3D for peak Friday and Saturday IMAX shows is not a smart strategy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

What was Top Gun’s 3 day, £11m? 

I’m thinking £8-10m

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Jurassic World has picked up at my local for tonight. 

My screening only has basically front 3 rows seats left, in a 444 seater. 

I hope you enjoy it!

• Thanks 1