Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Amazing number, higher than OD last Wednesday again. I reckon today will be slightly down or flat, and probably similar throughout the 4 day weekend. 

Wondering how high this will go now. Assuming it’s around £35m by Sunday, £50m is virtually certain to happen, but the question is how much higher?

It will lose PLF/IMAX to JW next week which I think will have quite a significant impact, but maybe it can regain some of those screens afterwards. But I guess that depends on contracts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Heretic said:

Amazing number, higher than OD last Wednesday again. I reckon today will be slightly down or flat, and probably similar throughout the 4 day weekend. 

Wondering how high this will go now. Assuming it’s around £35m by Sunday, £50m is virtually certain to happen, but the question is how much higher?

It will lose PLF/IMAX to JW next week which I think will have quite a significant impact, but maybe it can regain some of those screens afterwards. But I guess that depends on contracts.

If it keeps playing long, there's scope to take some shows back Minions weekend through Thor. See what the holds are like

I doubt TGM will regain PLF’s from Dominion, the Jurassic World films always do well for IMAX too so it’s unlikely that they’ll give the screens back to TGM.

Lightyear won’t get many IMAX shows though, kids films (even Pixar) don’t tend to get more than early morning IMAX shows in the UK.

5 hours ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

touch over £3m i think

So its Wednesday was almost as much as it’s Friday, and bigger than it’s opening Wed and Thu. Incredible. 

I’m not expecting a huge boost today or Friday tbh, the Jubilee celebrations on bbc on Saturday might deflate that day a bit too. I’m sure that’ll get decent ratings. 

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

So its Wednesday was almost as much as it’s Friday, and bigger than it’s opening Wed and Thu. Incredible. 

I’m not expecting a huge boost today or Friday tbh, the Jubilee celebrations on bbc on Saturday might deflate that day a bit too. I’m sure that’ll get decent ratings. 

The Queen fascinates me. I still think shes immortal.

The year of her coronation, Stalin died, Tito became President/dictator of Yugoslavia and Ian Fleming just published his first James Bond novel.

I mean, thats insane.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

:wintf:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

20 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

These hold is beyond wow. Isn't Maverick a American hero??? Why is British welcoming him like a bond? 

This is what I don’t understand either.

Perhaps the jubilee is helping in a way with the heightened patriotism across the country, and especially the fly by of over 70 military planes and jets in London yesterday. But again, this isn’t a British subject so it’s a bit baffling.

36 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

These hold is beyond wow. Isn't Maverick a American hero??? Why is British welcoming him like a bond? 

British boys and girls want to have sex with this handsome American solider through their eyes.

Edited by Gavin Feng
  • Haha 2