Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, Borobudur said:

These hold is beyond wow. Isn't Maverick a American hero??? Why is British welcoming him like a bond? 

Top Gun is as revered over here as it is in America.  I have tons of friends in their 40’s and upwards who have been looking forward to this more than any film in their adult lives. 

It’s one of those movies in pop culture that doesn’t require a degree to have kept up with it since the 80’s. Everybody remembers it fondly, and the word that it’s amazing has just lit a fuse that had so much potential. 

So should be around £37-38m by Sunday. £50m is locked, and it needs to hit £58m to enter top 25 of all time, which I’d say has a decent chance of happening right now. Will be interesting to see the impact on losing PLFs/IMAX next week. 

• Like 2

Holy sh*t, I can't believe I missed this movies run. What a holds/increases it has had so far. Realy glad to see the boxoffice on fire once more. Also glad that it's WoM movie taking over, we have to few of them these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

How long till the Royal Air Force will start thinking about funding its own Plane recruitment movie :ph34r::ph34r:

TBH I doubt you'd be able to make a film like Top Gun on a typical British film budget especially since you wouldn't have Tom Cruise starring in it. 

2 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

How long till the Royal Air Force will start thinking about funding its own Plane recruitment movie :ph34r::ph34r:

Dunkirk had some pretty stunning aerial sequences, shot on genuine 70MM IMAX as well. We just need Nolan to do the modern update now.