3. Ferrari £361k (£1.33m)

4. Wish £353k (£9.01m)

5. Anyone But You £278k (£798k)

6. Boy & Heron £251k (£1.20m)

7. Hunger Games £150k (£17.21m)

8. Next Goal Wins £137k (£556k)

9. Godzilla £101k (£1.78m)

10. Napoleon £99k (£13.5m)

How many screens are Ferrari, Heron and Wish on? I still have the feeling if Heron had been given a normal release it would've broken out... 

Edited by tarabeesley

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Seems like Heron will easily be 3rd Highest Grossing Japanese Film by Monday with only No.1 being "Pokemon: The First Movie" (£10,977,371) &No.2 being "Pokemon 2000" (£2,219,017)

Why is TBATH overperforming everywhere in the world except Japan? What could its final gross be in the UK?

Edited by tarabeesley

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I think Boy and Heron is expanding next weekend. I had to go out of town to see it a couple days ago only to find it's coming to my local on Friday.

Hopefully it has a long life at the UK box office and isn't just frontloaded or performing well because it is the Christmas period. 

56 minutes ago, tarabeesley said:

Why is TBATH overperforming everywhere in the world except Japan? What could its final gross be in the UK?

Miyazaki is a Known Brand in Western Markets. And Anime has grown a lot over years. Mixture of two is helping the film gross in outside Asia.

Expecting around £3M here or more

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, tarabeesley said:

I think The Boy and the Heron underperformed in Japan because of lack of marketing and because it was just less kid friendly than some of the other Miyazaki work.

I think it's doing better in Western markets because awareness of Hayao Miyazaki has expanded throughout the years.

51 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I think The Boy and the Heron underperformed in Japan because of lack of marketing and because it was just less kid friendly than some of the other Miyazaki work.

I think it's doing better in Western markets because awareness of Hayao Miyazaki has expanded throughout the years.

Although we say it underperformed but it was still the fifth highest-grossing film in Japan of 2023, so it wasn't that bad. 

Edited by tarabeesley