Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

MoS UK headed to about 45M USD?

It's already at $39.9m so it should reach that by Sunday if not next Monday, $50m is looking good, PR will likely hit it but it has had decent legs considering the competition. Edited by Jonwo

Seriously, I've been living in UK for the most part of last five years, except every summer when I return to China so I know how you guys perceive your weather and how you media particularly the Daily Mail reports it, but this is just pure gold. 33C is a 'heatwave'???????? :o Every inch of land in Central, Eastern, Northeastern and Southern China is quite a bit hotter than that between May and early September and it doesn't stop people from going to cinemas on a colossal scale. I know the weather in England this year so far has been horrible and colder than usual but this is still normal temperature for this time of year, seriously the way the UK media tells weather stories is just hilarious, if not a bit pathetic.

Rant over, don't get angry with me just expressing a 'cultural shock' that's all  :rolleyes: .  Will THAT many people be spending time on beaches and doing outdoor stuff instead of watching movies just because of this? It's not like people have been staying indoors this past month due to terrible cold or something.

Yep, it's relative. While those temperatures are normal in China, in the UK they aren't so people take advantage of the sun, unlike in some other countries. You usually see the same across a lot of Europe. But hopefully the effect is little to nothing...

Nysm sold 75%-80% tickets at my local cinema for 4:45 showingAt westfields, 11:10pm showing sold outLooking for a strong opening. Seeing it tomorrow. Hope it's as good as it looks

aww pretty great news :wub:

read some great twitter reactions :wub: hopin for some nice legs

re: weather

here its up to 28C today & I consider it pretty hot + with humidity like this its pretty unberable :(

Edited by Leyla

MU will hit by next weekend but DM2 will have good legs, 'cause the next animation movie smurfs2(who cares?????) comes on 31st july.

In UK, DM1 (32 million), Smurfs (28 million). Maybe you should care...

has anyone got any figures for what Now You See Me has done on the previews? Been pretty disappointing here really..

Nysm sold 75%-80% tickets at my local cinema for 4:45 showingAt westfields, 11:10pm showing sold outLooking for a strong opening. Seeing it tomorrow. Hope it's as good as it looks

I'm sure it'll do fine.

• Like 1

week DM2 be around 19m(w Prev) WWz 4,MOS 3.8, TITE 2.5

NYSM prev  just over 1.1

thx Rth

same as i expected, there won't be any rush to see this (esp with meh reviews). Hopefully it will do decent on weekend

What about the Internship btw??

good 4 TITE  :wub:

Edited by Leyla