Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

A funny survey ,most well-known briton in UK is harry potter,followed by james bond,3rd is david cameron,churchill and shakespeare take 4th and 5th postion,curious if they count mr.bean,beckham and queen 

People were shown pictures of 9 famous Brits, both in fiction and real life, and asked to identify them:

• Harry Potter  96%
  • James Bond 95%
  • David Cameron  94%
  • Winston Churchill 89%
  • William Shakespeare 81%
  • Nick Clegg 75%
  • Alfred Hitchcock 64%
  • Ed Miliband 59%
  • Isambard Kingdom Brunel 26%
Edited by Sophia Jane

6 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Light hearted? Easy Watching? No film has fucked me up that much in years 😅

I feel like we watched a different film to Krissykins! 😂 I definitely wouldn’t say it was lighthearted or easy watching given the subject matter, the anti-semitic bullying scenes made me rage. I hope those idiots see the film and realise what pieces of shit they were. I also found the crumbling marriage to be heartbreaking. It did have funny stuff in it (David Lynch and the last shot were perfection), but it felt to be more on the serious side than lighthearted to me.

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

I feel like we watched a different film to Krissykins! 😂 I definitely wouldn’t say it was lighthearted or easy watching given the subject matter, the anti-semitic bullying scenes made me rage. I hope those idiots see the film and realise what pieces of shit they were. I also found the crumbling marriage to be heartbreaking. It did have funny stuff in it (David Lynch and the last shot were perfection), but it felt to be more on the serious side than lighthearted to me.

Yeh the bullying was horrible obviously, but I found the whole thing had a feel to it, almost like a play. I didn’t find any of it emotional, so maybe there was a bit of a disconnect because of that. But I was entertained and it flew by. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

the anti-semitic bullying scenes made me rage.

found one of those scenes a bit funny though

29 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Just had a look at the Cineworld Scream 5 & 6 double bill screenings at my two locals for the Wednesday 8th of March:

18.00 54/218 tickets sold

18.00 125/399 tickets sold

How is looking Titanic ?

On 2/8/2023 at 12:41 AM, Sophia Jane said:

A funny survey ,most well-known briton in UK is harry potter,followed by james bond,3rd is david cameron,churchill and shakespeare take 4th and 5th postion,curious if they count mr.bean,beckham and queen 

People were shown pictures of 9 famous Brits, both in fiction and real life, and asked to identify them:

• Harry Potter  96%
  • James Bond 95%
  • David Cameron  94%
  • Winston Churchill 89%
  • William Shakespeare 81%
  • Nick Clegg 75%
  • Alfred Hitchcock 64%
  • Ed Miliband 59%
  • Isambard Kingdom Brunel 26%

Which of the Bond's picture was shown ? Connery or Roger Moore?

11 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Friday 10th

Magic Mike £610k

Puss In Boots £497k

Titanic £297k

Knock At The Cabin £154k

The Whale £105k

Plane £95k

Pathaan £65k

Fabelmans £56k

Magic Mike £2.7

Magic Mike XXL £1.6m

Look like it’ll be in line with the sequel then.