5. Talk To Me - €54,682 / €57,184
6. Indiana Jones And The Dial of Destiny - €41,514 / €1,686,009
7. Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse - €28,486 / €3,096,756
8. Insidious: The Red Door - €26,805 / €796,219
9. Mavka: The Forest Song (Ukraine) - €19,459
10. Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani (India) - €16,201

Source - ComScore

• Like 7

At my cinema we have 49 showings of Barbie over the Fri-Sun and 16 Oppenheimer, Meg and TMNT has eaten into Oppenheimer shows drastically compared to Barbie. 

In terms of Pre-Sales Oppenheimer has sold 340 and Barbie 330 so for 

I think if cinemas had a more equal showings which I know it’s difficult as it’s a 3 hour movie the numbers would be a lot closer in terms of revenue. 

21 minutes ago, zlazer said:

At my cinema we have 49 showings of Barbie over the Fri-Sun and 16 Oppenheimer, Meg and TMNT has eaten into Oppenheimer shows drastically compared to Barbie. 

In terms of Pre-Sales Oppenheimer has sold 340 and Barbie 330 so for 

I think if cinemas had a more equal showings which I know it’s difficult as it’s a 3 hour movie the numbers would be a lot closer in terms of revenue. 

Opp has less showings so It's normal to have more pre sales. Barbie works better with last minute walk outs. Even with same level distribution it's clear and also predictable Barbie is the movie with a broader audience. 

Edited by vale9001

16 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Opp has less showings so It's normal to have more pre sales. Barbie works better with last minute walk outs. Even with same level distribution it's clear and also predictable Barbie is the movie with a broader audience. 

I don’t doubt it, I’m talking on behalf of the cinema I run, if there was a more level playing field at least where I’m based the numbers for both over its lifetime performance would be a lot closer. 

To be fair Opps numbers are very inflated by imax revenue too. 

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Ireland Box Office (FSS)

1. Barbie - €1,379,483 / €5,289,013
2. Oppenheimer - €917,519 / €3,023,722
3. Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning: Part One - €155,319 / €1,987,993
4. Elemental - €111,227 / €1,359,237
5. Talk To Me - €54,682 / €57,184
6. Indiana Jones And The Dial of Destiny - €41,514 / €1,686,009
7. Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse - €28,486 / €3,096,756
8. Insidious: The Red Door - €26,805 / €796,219
9. Mavka: The Forest Song (Ukraine) - €19,459
10. Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani (India) - €16,201

Source - ComScore

Pretty crazy since Barbie really have chance beat Ireland all-time B.O record

1. Avatar (2009) - € 8,702,770

2. Titanic (1998) - € 8,253,298

3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) - € 6,780,759

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Wednesday

Barbie £3.14m (£57.06m to date)

Wow. 

Dunkirk

Phantom Menace

Dark Knight Rises

Incredibles 2

Bohemian Rhapsody

Harry Potter 2

Fantastic Beasts 

Mario

Frozen 2

All recently passed by Barbie this week. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Friday's weather looks terrible in Ireland but okay everywhere else, on Saturday it all comes over to Britain so I'd expect a big increase there. By Sunday it mostly washes away apart from small showers across the country so we might still see good numbers.

xaMcnyN.png

I love how Europes boxoffice holds are more about the weather than anything else :hahaha:

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, pepsa said:

I love how Europes boxoffice holds are more about the weather than anything else :hahaha:

It always amuses me how the US and Europe have completely opposite reactions to the weather when it comes to cinema-going.

Europe: it’s hot, everyone outside!

US: it’s hot, everyone INSIDE! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Friday's weather looks terrible in Ireland but okay everywhere else, on Saturday it all comes over to Britain so I'd expect a big increase there. By Sunday it mostly washes away apart from small showers across the country so we might still see good numbers.

xaMcnyN.png

North London and the weather ain't that great. Overcast, though not yet raining. Forecast for tomorrow is better. But as always with the weather here, it's very much a "well, just look out the window and the assume it will be worse in a few minutes" situation. 

At a quick glance for tomorrow at my local:

Meg 2 has a handful of seats in the evening showings and 4DX doing the best. Expect decent walk-ups here.

Barbie pre-sales have slowed WAAAAY down. Maybe ten tickets sold for early afternoon then mostly empty into the evening. I do think we're past the "must plan ahead and see this" phase, with people leaving it more last minute to book or just walking up.

TMNT has nothing sold in the evening, with only a handful in the afternoon.

Oppie still doing well in IMAX, even with morning showing. Afternoon and evening will probably end up at 60% occupancy or above. Standard showings are about on par with Meg 2.

Barbenheimer will continue to rule.

Edited by reddevil19

29 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

It always amuses me how the US and Europe have completely opposite reactions to the weather when it comes to cinema-going.

Europe: it’s hot, everyone outside!

US: it’s hot, everyone INSIDE! 

cause this is how the sea looks in most Europe 😇

villasimius-copia.jpeg

Seriously it's all about geography imo. Most europeans live not in big cities but near to the sea, in the country, in little villages.

80% of americans lives in at least 100K citizen centre. In europe around the 40%. In italy for example only the 30%.

While maybe in the centre of London hot or cold doesn't change the world in the most rural Uk, with people with nature and space around them if rains you go to the cinema, if it's sunny you decide to stay out. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

cause this is how the sea looks in most Europe 😇

villasimius-copia.jpeg

Seriously it's all about geography imo. Most europeans live not in big cities but near to the sea, in the country, in little villages.

80% of americans lives in at least 100K citizen centre. In europe around the 40%. In italy for example only the 30%.

While maybe in the centre of London hot or cold doesn't change the world in the most rural Uk, with people with nature and space around them if rains you go to the cinema, if it's sunny you decide to stay out. 

What? 75% of the EU population lives in urban areas (cities, towns and suburbs). 85% of the UK population lives in urban areas.

The major difference between US and European urban centres is population density, with far better public transport, pedestrian areas and overall liveability (part of that being a different culture, with "weather is nice - let's go out and do something" being ingrained instilled into pretty much everyone growing up), which absolutely means that those living in high concentration urban areas take advantage of good weather and go out.

• Like 1