Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

The LOTR films got Wednesday releases and it's surprising The Hobbit just got a Friday release, I imagine in many countries it'll get a Wednesday/Thursday release. MIB3 and The Pirates! In an Adventure in Scientists is released two days before the US release. The Avengers and Ice Age 4 are released a week before their US release.

Think it'll do well but I can't see it doing huge numbers but it'll have legs, depends on how it fares against the likes of The Iron Lady and War Horse in January. The other adult appealing films are J Edgar which I saw in America and enjoyed but think it would struggle here, The Artist and The Descendants.Think Puss will be number 1 although the Alvin previews should do well but I wonder if being against so many family films is affecting it? AC just continues to do well which is amazing considering it's doing poorly in the US. How did NYE do, I hope it flopped as it looked terrible!

Edited by Jonwo

pretty slow day at my cinema today. arthur christmas is still number 1, marginally ahead of puss in boots. happy feet is very poor and the previews of chipmunks (although we could only fit one show in at 12pm) was even worse.

What??? Puss should do much more...

There was a really, really long Dragon Tattoo spot on the X Factor final. That's really good for it I suppose, what does everyone think that will do?

I think its the hardest movie to predict this xmas.I have no idea.. 5 mill 25mill???