Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

pretty slow day at my cinema today. arthur christmas is still number 1, marginally ahead of puss in boots. happy feet is very poor and the previews of chipmunks (although we could only fit one show in at 12pm) was even worse.

Damn phillip..You were right..Nice call

thanks fmpro :) i did warn you guys!according to the hollywood reporter it did just under £2m. i'd expect arthur christmas to only be marginally behind.alvin previews were absolutely awful at my cinema. i'll try and get some figures for that tomorrow because they won't be in the list lukey posts i don't think.

I hope this isn't an omen for Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows although I think that'll open very well and with nothing opening the week after apart from the IMAX screenings of Mission Impossible, it should have decent legs. I think IIRC Sherlock did £3.08m two days but did £3.5m the weekend after so I think it'll do £4-5m OW next week and Alvin £2-3m including previews.

thanks fmpro :) i did warn you guys!according to the hollywood reporter it did just under £2m. i'd expect arthur christmas to only be marginally behind.alvin previews were absolutely awful at my cinema. i'll try and get some figures for that tomorrow because they won't be in the list lukey posts i don't think.

You earned it.Do you think its possible that puss will increase this weekend??

1 Puss In Boots 3D £1,975,758 £1,975,7582 Arthur Christmas 3D £1,429,923 £13,373,6243 New Year's Eve £1,285,552 £1,285,5524 Hugo 3D £732,902 £2,453,6095 Happy Feet 2 £724,126 £2,925,3916 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 £680,927 £28,777,6407 A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas £183,798 £183,7988 The Thing £177,951 £939,5039 Another Earth £90,950 £90,95010 The Adventures Of Tin Tin: Secret Of The Unicorn £89,097 £15,890,47511 50/50 £80,694 £1,193,154

Edited by lukey

Could easily see AC beat Tintin now. It's had a fantastic run.

PIB should have great legs over Christmas and New Year, but that's one of the most shockingly low openings this year.

As for Sherlock, I expect at least £4m. Something has to do well over Christmas. Alvin should do over £3.5m with previews easily seeing as number 2 did £5.3m. But you never know after this weekend... Don't know how holdovers will fare with last-minute xmas shopping...