Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

13 hours ago, John Marston said:

Number 1 opening of the year? Sounds like bullshit 

Yes........of course its incorrect.........i think the headline meant to read film had a opening at No1 position.............and not that it had the highest No1 opening of the year.

5 hours ago, Heretic said:

So that means Spectre has topped the £80m mark. £90m+ is happening.

Yep...........we will have to wait and see if its possible for SP to catch up and pass Avatar now in the UK.

Thing is we may have to wait quite a long time to see if that happens, maybe around Xmas time............as it will now take many days of tiny BO sums to build upto the figure gathered by Avatar, which i believe was £94 mil.

Anyway if it doesn't its still looks good to have the last 2 Bond films, occupying the Gold and Bronze medal positions on the UK all-time list (non-adjusted).

Mind you, those Star Wars kids could get in the way.

2 hours ago, Fake said:

So 100M is gone for Bond...... can it still get all-time #2 spot?

100M in local currency was never really predicted, although some hoped for it. The estimated target was 80M, which has already been achieved. 90M is likely with 90M+ on the table. Spectre won't match Skyfall in the UK, but for all intents and purposes that wasn't the expectation.  

• Like 3

It should pass £84m on Sunday, which gives it a full week of £6.5m. Avatar's £94m is definitely still within range. Right now I'd say it ends up somewhere between £93-95m. Pretty damn impressive. 

No one thought this would get within £10m of Skyfall. The general consensus was £75m or so. To have two films make £90m in a row is unprecedented. Before 2012, it wouldn't have even entered anyone's minds. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

It should pass £84m on Sunday, which gives it a full week of £6.5m. Avatar's £94m is definitely still within range. Right now I'd say it ends up somewhere between £93-95m. Pretty damn impressive. 

No one thought this would get within £10m of Skyfall. The general consensus was £75m or so. To have two films make £90m in a row is unprecedented. Before 2012, it wouldn't have even entered anyone's minds. 

I guess to reach Avatar will depend on how much SW7 will affect to its late legs. Anyway, incredible run.

5 hours ago, Heretic said:

You really think SW7 will beat Spectre. It's going to need 95M+ to win the year.