Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

ice age was up on last saturday maybe 50% at my cinema today.spidey was ok but not as good as ice age although i'd expect that as we do very well with animatedfamily films.i was surprised that spidey was so poor with the family audience here though..

ice age was up on last saturday maybe 50% at my cinema today.spidey was ok but not as good as ice age although i'd expect that as we do very well with animatedfamily films.i was surprised that spidey was so poor with the family audience here though..

WOW. So if that was true for the rest of the country it could be looking at maybe £4m for these two days, and over £7m for the whole 4 days of previews. Absolutely fantastic.Must be the severe lack of kids films recently. It's day business did look busier than Spiderman around me too. I was surprised.

WOW. So if that was true for the rest of the country it could be looking at maybe £4m for these two days, and over £7m for the whole 4 days of previews. Absolutely fantastic.Must be the severe lack of kids films recently. It's day business did look busier than Spiderman around me too. I was surprised.

Ice Age has already been released in Ireland and Scotland so only the England and Wales previews will be included when it's officially released plus whatever it made in Ireland and Scotland that weekend. I imagine Ice Age will be number 2 or 3 this weekend from those two countries alone.The Lorax also has previews the weekend before its release, guess Universal are using it as counter programming to the Dark Knight and to dent Ice Age. Edited by Jonwo

that's big.but not big as Raimi's trilogy.

True, but that's expected.Also, bear in mind the massive change in exchange rates. Had this opened in 2007, the numbers would be above $20m. Admissions would still be down though due to inflation and 3D, but that's the same as everywhere else (excluding some Asian markets). Edited by Heretic

Going by how poor the showing I went to on Friday evening was i'm surprised it's doing this well. Then again, the cinema I went to is the shittest Odeon in the country. My arse still bloody hurts from their seats, and payed a tenner for the damn privilage!!Hopefully it can hold well next weekend as I thought it was really good, better than Spider-man, but not quite as good as Spider-man 2.

Going by how poor the showing I went to on Friday evening was i'm surprised it's doing this well. Then again, the cinema I went to is the shittest Odeon in the country. My arse still bloody hurts from their seats, and payed a tenner for the damn privilage!!Hopefully it can hold well next weekend as I thought it was really good, better than Spider-man, but not quite as good as Spider-man 2.

:rofl:The showings around me have never been sold out, most of them never over 75% full, but I think due to the sheer number of shows it does have, that doesn't need to happen.

There's two of the four screens running there, one 3D and one 2D. I'm glad I went to the screening I did though, one of the group leaders I dealt with at work during the day was buying at least 50 tickets, possibly up to 100, for the next 3D show for a load of spanish and itallian students. I wouldn't have been able to bare a full screening like that.