filmlover

Old | M. Night Shyamalan | July 23, 2021 | Eliza Scanlen, Thomasin McKenzie, Aaron Pierre, Alex Wolff and Vicky Krieps

41 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

There was a deal no. If film open under $30M, 17 days window. Over $30M 45 days.

Something like that.

It is 50M. Yes, that is the deal. However, Universal can decide to wait a bit more to put it in VOD. That is just the minimum guaranteed for theatrical exclusivity. 

• Like 1

This movie had no support from critics, the traditional measurements for word of mouth pointed to a negative audience reception, it has no recognizable IP or movie star, and it's going to be one of the few movies this year that made a profit during its theatrical run only. Amazing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

This movie had no support from critics, the traditional measurements for word of mouth pointed to a negative audience reception, it has no recognizable IP or movie star, and it's going to be one of the few movies this year that made a profit during its theatrical run only. Amazing.

The movie star is the director.

• Like 2

This was great, one of my favorite Shyamalan films.

I was expecting some philosophical and supernatural BS, so I was surprised by what the mystery really was about. It's very entertaining, well paced. I guess the low scores come from the moments of weird acting and lines of dialogue, same thing that put people off in The Happening, but to me that just adds to creepy atmosphere and I love it.

I really regret not seeing this in the theater.

23 minutes ago, Borf the Borf said:

Huh i was so out of touch during pandemic i didnt now this existed til tseeing this thead, i saw the data and missed the 2021 and was confused at first.  So. . . this is actualy good?  

It’s certainly not for everyone. It got added to a streaming service here in the UK recently and every single reply to the sponsored tweet was people ripping it apart. 

I thought it was interesting, but cheesy with some clunky dialogue and performances. 

• Like 1