The Wild Eric

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

lmao @ Spider-Man 2 contender for best CBM of all-time

Hot take but what a farce. I've seen all of them and it's my least favorite Spider-Man movie out of them all, and I wanted to like it. No joke.

It's unbelievably cheesy and borderline unwatchable for me. Peter is insufferable, nowhere near relatable either. Mary Jane has zero, I repeat ZERO agency in the story, she's literally just a love interest. Every single scene with her serves to inform Peter or the viewer about her current relationship status and nothing else. Worst of the trilogy. But Doc Oc's hospital scene really does kick ass.

5/10 at best IMO

Both Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland are much better in the role than Tobey Maguire ever was. Emma Stone is also the GOAT Peter love interest because she's actually a good actress. 

Really curious to see the 3 spider-men together though. Bought tickets for Dec. 23rd

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 5

8 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Hot take but what a farce. I've seen all of them and it's my least favorite Spider-Man movie out of them all, and I wanted to like it. No joke.

It's unbelievably cheesy and borderline unwatchable for me. Peter is insufferable, nowhere near relatable either. Mary Jane has zero, I repeat ZERO agency in the story, she's literally just a love interest. Every single scene with her serves to inform Peter or the viewer about her current relationship status and nothing else. Worst of the trilogy. But Doc Oc's hospital scene really does kick ass.

5/10 at best IMO

Both Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland are much better in the role than Tobey Maguire ever was. Emma Stone is also the GOAT Peter love interest because she's actually a good actress. 

Really curious to see the 3 spider-men together though. Bought tickets for Dec. 23rd

I don't find SM2 to be anywhere near the best CBM ever, but disagree with the bolded. Maguire is my least favorite of the 3 actors, but I still find him to be solid, and I think Peter's arc in the movie is quite strong and what carries the film for me. The film really showcases the sacrifices Peter has to make to be Spider-Man. 

On Mary Jane, I didn't like her character much in any of the three films, but she did have agency at the end when she ditched the guy at the altar. I hated that scene, mainly because the way MJ handled it was just awful and made her character seem even more insufferable -- still, it does count as agency. 

I find Doc Ock to be somewhat overrated in terms of depth (a lot of the "villainy" comes from the machine and not really from him) but still a really entertaining villain for Peter to face off against, love his one-liners. The confrontations between him and Peter really make the film. 

Overall it's a 7-8/10 movie for me, I don't love it as much as most here, but still have a good time with it. 

3 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

I’m pretty sure the only thing every Spidey fan should be able to agree on is:

Emma Stone = GOAT Peter love interest.  It’s not even remotely close 

Yep, her character is so much more well-defined, and great chemistry between her and Garfield. Though I did think the second film overdid their flirting at times, from what I remember. Still, her material in the first movie alone is enough. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

5/10 at best IMO

In my first serious watch in I guess 2018, I liked Spider-man 1 but didn't get all the hype around 2nd. Not bad but definitely I guess film of that time. Didn't hate SM3 as much as people back then did though. Will be rewatching all 3 films on 19th before I watch NWH.

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

In my first serious watch in I guess 2018, I liked Spider-man 1 but didn't get all the hype around 2nd. Not bad but definitely I guess film of that time. Didn't hate SM3 as much as people back then did though. Will be rewatching all 3 films on 19th before I watch NWH.

I like 1 better than 2. Mainly because Goblin feels like a much more threatening villain than Doc Ock. Ock was fun but didn't get all that much menace from him. 

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I mean that’s still more than what MJ gets

Also I don’t get how one can call SM2 cheesy when it’s kind of the point and comes across far less corny than FFH every could