kayumanggi

DHD Friday (03.23) 68.25 M | THE HUNGER GAMES (Crow-serving on-going :))

It won't necessarily increase. There is only so much business a movie can do in a single day and by all indications it maximized its business this Friday. Will it sell out matinees and midnight shows again on Saturday? I doubt it and I think it is because of the demo it is targeting, DH1, DH2, and Twilight sequels are the likely models that it will follow today but we'll see.

DH1 managed to increase on Saturday from their non-midnight Friday numbers. If it were to act like that it would increase. I don't see it being as frontloaded as DH1 was.

Edited by Magic

New Moon didn't increase. It decresed about 10%. Then you have to remember it played on a lot less screens than The Hunger Games also, so it definetely isn't a safe bet that it will increase.

Edited by Dale Cooper

So this is likely headed for 145m... Wow, just wow!It really is the most impressive OW of all time!!!!I'm stunned. Thinking about where the buzz was at only a few months ago. How they got everyone to read the books and this is what happened. Amazing.

Edited by rockNrollaDIM

Damn, I knew that when my parents, who could care less about pop culture and "hot movies" in general told me me that they wanted to see "that new 'Hunger' film about the archer girl who has to fight for her life," this was going to be huge. (The last films that captured my parents' attention? Titanic and Avatar) When your movie has such gigantic awareness even among older people who never pay attention to what's the latest trend, you know you're on to something. Then add the great reviews, and the continued buzz over the box office, and you'll get more people wanting to see what this is about, which will add to its box office.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1