Eric is Anxious

IF | May 17, 2024 | Paramount | John Krasinski directs, writes and stars | Ryan Reynolds and Steve Carell are here too

Another classic along the lines of Ghostbusters: Afterlife and Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny that was properly hyped and scooped!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Another classic along the lines of Ghostbusters: Afterlife and Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny that was properly hyped and scooped!

he’s right on IF though. It’s really good 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

he’s right on IF though. It’s really good 

To be clear, scoopers get things wrong sometimes just because the variability in people's opinions. Hell, even I probably undersold Furiosa from the word I had received. That said......EmpireCity.

Will still be interesting to see how the GA responds. Mixed reception can mean a whole host of things and seems like the reviews run the whole gamut of kids movie praises and criticisms. Knowing that though the Cinemascore will probably be something frustrating like an A- and we still won't know how legs will be until next weekend.

Posted (edited)

Why do so many people want this movie to fail? I was reading Gizmodo's negative review of the film and someone commented: "This is, by far, the most honest review of the movie I’ve seen, even if it isn’t kind.  Even the kind reviews have not been good."

The most honest review? How does someone who has never seen the film judge the honesty of a review in comparison to others? Also, the comment in question had 13 "likes." I genuinely don't understand the disdain for this film.

EDIT: Just saw Scott Tobias' Tweet. "Gobsmacking debacle?" The hyperbole, holy shit.

Edited by MysteryMovieMogul
formatting
  • Like 2

Rotten Tomatoes Consensus (unless it changes)

Critics Consensus

A sweet ode to rediscovering one's inner child, IF largely works as old-fashioned family entertainment despite an occasionally unfocused and unnecessarily complicated plot.

• Like 1

When I went to see Wakanda Forever they played a trailer for Strange World that was just “Ooh look at these famous actors in the recording booth voicing these wacky characters” and it was (more) clear it was over.

Saw one for IF today. At least this one will make more than 100M.

1 hour ago, budice said:

"Overall, this brings IF to a $10.76M Th+F opening. If these numbers hold, IF is facing a $31M OW."

https://new.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/comments/1ctw33a/if_might_just_become_the_breakout_original_of_the/

i thought it was tracking around 40m , around 30m is underperformance , i know family films can leg out, so probably be ok

On 5/15/2024 at 10:08 PM, AniNate said:

Knowing that though the Cinemascore will probably be something frustrating like an A- and we still won't know how legs will be until next weekend.

It got an A.