TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

The quoted post predicts it having the highest opening weekend of all three movies. Though I'm sure people will point to worldwide underperformance since it doesn't have China to boost it

It's not Marvel losing steam, it's the entire film industry post covid.

I mean, I do agree to an extent but tentpoles and horror movies are the only two things that haven’t had sustainable audience loss like animation for instant. Though with that OW (82M) it’d be under Ant-Man and the Wasp when adjusted and just barely over the second unadjusted (220M > 216M), which the latter could arguably count as diminishing as that would be the smallest increase of an MCU sequel.

550M would be a decent result for Quantumania, just not out of the world extraordinary. Would smaller returns be a more satisfying thing to say than diminishing returns?

Edited by YM!

Bad quality of product? Accordibf to who? Again some of you are DESPERATE to frame MOM and THOR 4 as this blsck adam/ww84/bvs situation and it shows again how out of touch you are.

Did Thor 2 damage the mcu in 2013? Did iron man 2 while widely seen as disappointment over the first?

If you honestly think that a 15 year old goodwill built over dozens of well received movies is thrown intot he trash cause of mom or love and thunder then you are biased as hell. No two ways about it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

11 minutes ago, Jeight said:

Bad quality of product? Accordibf to who? Again some of you are DESPERATE to frame MOM and THOR 4 as this blsck adam/ww84/bvs situation and it shows again how out of touch you are.

Did Thor 2 damage the mcu in 2013? Did iron man 2 while widely seen as disappointment over the first?

If you honestly think that a 15 year old goodwill built over dozens of well received movies is thrown intot he trash cause of mom or love and thunder then you are biased as hell. No two ways about it.

Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 aren't good examples; Thor 2 got an A- Cinemascore and Iron Man 2 got an A. These 2 movies are basically disliked by vocal people on the internet, but they aren't in the majority.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeight said:

...you do realise MOM and Thor4 have quite literally the exact same cinemascore as black adam and ww84, with both of them having worse rt than black adam as well

I actually even like MOM myself, but this hill you are trying to die on is weird as fuck. Just move on already.

Anyway not sure how much I trust the China release thing but would certainly be good to be back to have fairly consistent china releases, not just for ant-man but films in general

• Like 8

A Chinese release won't do shit in the climate they're currently in. This movie's already risky enough as is, using a weirdo like Ant-Man to set up the next major Avengers event. Don't waste money on a market with diminishing returns.

Besides, once Simu Liu joins Kang Dynasty Marvel's going back into their blacklist.

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

Eh, it’s due to industry factors and the franchise specifically. Diminishing returns is perfectly accurate — though it’s diminishing from such a level that it’s still a pretty penny 

Edited by Legion in Boots
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

A Chinese release won't do shit in the climate they're currently in. This movie's already risky enough as is, using a weirdo like Ant-Man to set up the next major Avengers event. Don't waste money on a market with diminishing returns.

Besides, once Simu Liu joins Kang Dynasty Marvel's going back into their blacklist.

Yeh this will be a temporary boost, I’m sure it’ll be back on their black list for some backwards reason. Remember Ghostbusters was banned for having… ghosts 😂

I’d rather Hollywood didn’t bother releasing there at all, but they want that box office boost (even if it actually means very little in the end, at 25%). 

Edited by Krissykins

1 hour ago, Jeight said:

MCU movies having Bs in Cinemascore in Infinity Saga - 1 

MCU movies having Cinemascore in Bs since Endgame - 3

The audience is speaking.

12 hours ago, Legion in Boots said:

Eh, it’s due to industry factors and the franchise specifically. Diminishing returns is perfectly accurate — though it’s diminishing from such a level that it’s still a pretty penny 

Yeah I think that's all some of us are trying to say.